• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tell me about A Walk in Walt’s Footsteps tour.

Peter_noPan

DVC member
A Walk in Walt’s Footsteps tour is included in our package. Can anybody give me a review?

Will my 6 yo DD enjoy it.

What are the highlights?

Any info will be apreciated.

:earboy2: :mickeybar :mickeybar :drinking1

The Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour basically gives a historical view of Disneyland in addition to how Walt Disney himself viewed Disneyland. When I took the tour, we started in the Opera House that showed a brief clip about Walt and showed his Burbank office. However, since they are now showing the 50 Magical Years show, I'm not sure how this part will be changed.

The tour goes through Main Street, talking about various things such as the Main Street windows and why it always smells so sweet on Main Street. You get a different version of the Jungle Cruise that doesn't include the banter from the regular Jungle Cruise tour guide. You get a glimpse of the lobby of Club 33 and they tell you what that petrified wood is for. This tour gives lots of neat bits of info. If your 6 year old DD is precocious, enjoys Disney history, and doesn't mind waiting around while the tour guide gives his/her talk, then it might be ok, but I think your child would probably prefer to go on rides during the 3+ hour tour instead of walking around. You do get a meal and a pin at the conclusion of the tour.

Is it fairly easy to get a tour with little or no advance reservations? I already booked the 50th Anniversary tour, but if I have time, I would like to take the Footsteps tour.

Has anyone done the tour at 2:00? I would like to know if you start out with lunch first on follow the regular schedule?

Peter_noPan said:
A Walk in Walt’s Footsteps tour is included in our package. Can anybody give me a review?

Will my 6 yo DD enjoy it.

What are the highlights?

Any info will be apreciated.

:earboy2: :mickeybar :mickeybar :drinking1
We did this May 7th. I believe there is a age minimum which maybe 14. We did not have kids with us so I am not sure.

You pick up your tickets outside the gate. You check in at the tour building and chose your lunch. We walked down mainstreet, thru adventure land, saw the enchanted tiki room show, went thru fantasyland, tommowland. We had lunch where the horseshoe review used to be and is now billie hill & the hillbillies. The food was waiting for us and was good. We ate at the end of the tour. You get the pin at the end also.

You will need to make reservations. AAA now includes it as part of their package.

We really enjoyed it. Our tour guild, Dee, was very good.

DonnettaR said:
Has anyone done the tour at 2:00? I would like to know if you start out with lunch first on follow the regular schedule?

If you do the 2PM tour, then you get dinner at the end of the tour. You pick your dinner item at the beginning of the tour and you basically follow the regular schedule.

Thanks for the information. I did not know that there were age limits on the tours. How do you find out what the age limits are. I want to take my 12 year old DD and do the tour on 7/15. I tried to but it last week and was told that I was too far out and quickly dismissed. I didn't even have time to ask any questions about the tour.

There's a tour for kids with an age limit of 12 (I think) but I've been told that the kids (and adults) would enjoy it. Also, with the 50th, there's a 50th tour which I would opt for as opposed to the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour (which I've done with my mom and daughter (infant at the time). Although it was historical, informative and a really cool access to Walt's apartment, it was hard to hear the tour guide (which has been improved now with ear pieces). The 50th tour is new and has preferred viewing of parade or fireworks depending on the time of day. Out of the tours, it would depend on what you are trying to accomplish. Tolerance from the kids or directed to the kids.

Royness said:
If you do the 2PM tour, then you get dinner at the end of the tour. You pick your dinner item at the beginning of the tour and you basically follow the regular schedule.
Just to avoid confusion, even though the meal is at dinner time, the choices are the same lunch choices as the earlier tour so it is more of a late lunch.

From memory, some of the choices include:

Chili baked in a cornbread bowl (Walt's favorite) - VERY good
A couple sandwich choices
A couple salad choices

All come with drink and dessert (ours was cheesecake)

FanOfStitch said:
Is it fairly easy to get a tour with little or no advance reservations?
All tours were completely booked when we were there last week so would recommend advance reservations.

Royness said:
You get a different version of the Jungle Cruise that doesn't include the banter from the regular Jungle Cruise tour guide.
We didn't ride the Jungle Cruise but did get a behind the scenes look at the Enchanted Tiki Room and stayed for the show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter