Tell me about Boma!!!

Barb A.

Mouseketeer
I would love to try this place but have a very picky Mom who doesn't like certain spices and sauces. What do you think, will she be able to find something she likes? Thanks!

Also, since we will be there in December and it wil be dark by dinner time, will we lose some of the charm of this restaurant by not being able to see the animals while we eat?

IT IS AWESOME!!

If you go, make sure of 2 things:

1> you get the Curry Chicken soup!
2> you save room for Zebra Domes!
if she is that picky they have prime rib they can cut for you.
mac and cheese,chicken fingers,spagetti on the kids menu.

Disney is great reguardless of theme of having something for everyone, and every taste!

You can't see animals from Boma. Well, unless you count the buffet beasts.

Oops! I thought this was the restaurant you could see the animals from.

Any other opinions on Boma?

Best breakfast buffet we had in a 10 day stay. I should say the best breakfast overall!

Dinner was exceptional. There were a few things for picky eaters (Zebra Domes among them), but for the most part I would say the food would be unusual in terms of spicing and preparation.

Are the zebra domes coffee-flavored? I think I read on here once that they are coffee-flavored. Everyone raves about them and I am dying to see what they are (I will be going to Boma in September!) but I am not fond of coffee-flavored items. Will I be disappointed in the zebra domes? Thanks!

Sorry, but this was the worst meal I have ever had at Disney. I've posted these comments many times on this board so I won't go into it again, but basically our experience with the food was that it was either cold, soggy, spiced in a way that IMO didn't compliment the food well, the rolls were stale and IMO those desserts are WAY overrated...especially after having dessert at such places as California Grille and Citricos (i.e. creme brulee and chocolate banana torte, YUM).

I have also come to the conclusion that for me the price of a buffet is just not worth it. There is no way that I ate $22.00 worth of food. I would rather go somewhere else that's nicer, like maybe Le Cellier, and pay a little more for better quality food and service, and individually prepared dishes...not mass produced ones that get soggy in steam trays...

Sorry to be harsh, but I was very unhappy with my meal here. Luckily it was really the only meal I truely disliked at Disney. All others have ranged from very good to excellent.

I have read many of the posts regarding Boma and I can tell you I am a minority voice, so try it maybe you'll love it too.

I personally prefer a full service meal with individually, freshly prepared food but I loved Boma. It is hard to tell if the food is soggy and cold when it is all so exotic!!! ;)
There were definately things there that I didn't care for but alot of various new things that were good. I got stuffed and never went to the meat carving station.. or fish station...or steak station! Okay I did have a small pecie of steak but that was off of my friends plate! I reccomend giving it a try.

We love Boma. There were a couple of picky eaters in our group and everyone had plenty to eat. Nothing I had was soggy, or cold (unless it was suppose to be cold). That description sounds more liek Chef Mickeys to me ;)

The zebra domes were good (yes that are coffee flavored) but I had a chocolate item that was much better IMHO. Sorry, I can't remeber what it wasa called but it looked like a zebra dome but was chocolate and didn't have the striping.

You can't see the animals? Does this mean we don't get to choose which Zebra we want for Dinner? You know, like the lobster tanks at restaurants? That's not fair! :p

Boma is very good. We've been there 4 times now and IMO it's almost unfair to call it a buffet. The foods are always fresh and warm (or cold depending on what they are). I've never found the spices to be overwhelming but they are ever present.

Certainly there will always be dissenters who have had a bad experience and their coments are as real as anyone else's but I've noticed that Boma gets continually high marks on a regular basis...

We've had good & bad as well. The chicken was totally dry one visit & the grouper was very 'fishy' on another...But the good thing is tht there is so much to choose from if one thing doesn't hit you right, just move on to another.

Aside from the Zebra Domes the soups are also excellent!
:smooth: :smooth: :bounce: :smooth: :smooth:

We really enjoyed our dinner at Boma's (breakfast also). When we were there they were doing a trial with the Zebra Domes (having them frozen!!) I am not sure how it will pan out but they were good. I thought the Coconut Tiramisu was much better!!

WE began with tasting each type of hummus with they crackling bread. DELICIOUS!! They were sampled the salads.........YUMMY!! Next I had the prime rib and the "fall off the bone" ribs with just a little "bite" to them.........WONDERFUL...next came the desserts..........we sampled allllllllllllllllllllllllllll..............so much for the dieting!!!

My picky DD's had spaghetti (2 had it with butter, the other with red sauce), chicken fingers and salad.......and of course, helped witht he sampling of desserts (the sugar cookies were great too).

We will go back..........

I give this place a "thumbs up". We ate here for the 1st time (July 26) and loved it so much, that we went back on Tuesday!!( July 30) Yes, I also agree that you MUST try the coconut tiramisu ~ it is awesome!! The different flavored hummus was REALLY good too!! (I could have made a meal just out of the salad and hummus) No, I also thought that you could see the animals from this restaurant, but you can't! If you go, be sure to ask for Debbie, from Tennessee - she was WONDERFUL!!

Some of my other favs:
encrusted prime rib
salmon wrapped in banana leaves (no, you don't eat the leaves!!)
carrot curry soup
smoked tomato soup
grilled chicken salad
hummus (especially sun-dried tomato hummus)
zebra domes (I thought that they would be larger)

One thing to note about Boma ~ if you see anything on the menu that you are unsure of, ask one of the chefs about it. They will be happy to explain the ingredients and how the dish is prepared. Then you can decide whether you would like to try it or not.....

I know we are in the minority, but DH and I thought Boma's was over-rated. Many people as we looked around were eating the kid's items (spaghetti, mac and cheese etc.). Not worth the $22. I did enjoy our server and the wine.

I wouldn't say it was awful, just over-rated and over-priced. Atmosphere was not special either, and as mentioned before, you do not see the animals. Try to go when it is somewhat light out and walk around the resort before or after dinner and you can see them that way.

DH-Hated it! Felt everthing was seasoned too "sweetly".
Me-I Liked it, but I am more adventurous.
DD-(6)-Liked the humus with the chips the best.
I did not find it spectacular, as some of the foods were cold and disappointing. I was wondering if we went on an off night, because other reports were glowing.

We loved Boma's!! It is our favorite place to eat now! They had so much to choose from and even the kids, who are very picky, found things they liked!! I was very happy with the 4 entrees they had to choose from for the kids!

I absolutely love their Coconut Seafood Soup! It was so delicious! As always, Zebra Domes were excellent!! Salmon was wonderful, Prime Rib excellent!!

Try it, you will love it!! :)

This is why it's so hard to give people you don't know advice on restaurants. Everyone has different tastes. Boma is one of our favorite places to eat. I get hungry just smelling the spices from the lobby! It's high on our list of dining choices. On the other hand, lots of people like Chef Mickey's, and even though we go every few trips for the kids (we're going there in November), we eat there for the atmosphere, and not the food.

On top of the great food, Boma wins points for the lack of characters. No offense, but I'm one of those people who gets tired of seeing the same characters over and over again at the meals. Of course, we are spoiled, and between APs, DVC and a short drive, we go to WDW pretty regularly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter