Tell me about breakfast at Steakhouse 55?

LizzyS

DIS Veteran
Hi all, I've eaten at Steakhouse 55 for dinner before, but not breakfast. I've seen a couple of comments about it being good and a "known secret" sort of deal.

We're staying at the Disneyland Hotel during our upcoming trip and I was thinking of making a breakfast reservation on Wednesday morning before we head back home.

If you've done breakfast there, what were your thoughts? Was it super busy? Was the food good? Anything else I'm not thinking of?

I noticed a "continental buffet" on the menu. What's that about? Is there a buffet set up for that menu item or what?

TIA!

We've gone twice. It was not crowded, although we had reservations for right at the end of the breakfast period - it might be more crowded earlier. My favorite things that I've tried there are the french toast and the little potato cake side (which they let me substitute as my side instead of bacon/sausage). My partner opts for an omelette which also comes with the potato cake. I don't remember seeing an actual buffet set up, so I'm guessing the "continental buffet" might be more like a variety platter.

I've also done breakfast there and it was delicious. My husband got the eggs benedict and absolutely loved them. Said they were the best he's ever had. I believe I had the American Breakfast but with a pancake instead of toast? It's been a few years so I cant quite recall. We didnt have reservations but walked in and were seated within a few minutes.

The savory oatmeal is fantastic! Oops, it’s called porridge. Whatever it’s called, it’s delicious. Interesting food, beautiful setting. I highly recommend it.

In a word....awesome. We eat there every trip, typically the last morning before we head out. We are a gluten free family and they accommodate us very well. It's never crowded, the staff is wonderful and the food better than any buffet or other breakfast offering on property. The staff has been nearly the same for the past 5 years!
Mike

We had breakfast there last summer for the first time and loved it. Super yummy and practically had the place to ourselves. Expensive, yes, but what isn’t at Disneyland?

I eat there every trip for breakfast, usually get away morning. I think it has some of the most consistent food and service resort wide, just a notch below Carthay for us. About a month ago I had the German apple pancake, wow, very good-and enough for 3. I usually go early so I can still make it into the parks for rope drop, so I have never seen more than a couple of tables full.

I don't see it listed as a "Continental Buffet", but as a Continental Breakfast. Pastries, cereals, fruit juices, fruit, coffee/tea....

I don't see it listed as a "Continental Buffet", but as a Continental Breakfast. Pastries, cereals, fruit juices, fruit, coffee/tea....

I've either misread or the disboards menu has a boo-boo, haha.

Thanks, all, for your input! I think we will do it. As a previous poster said, what isn't expensive @ DLR?

Just a warning, even by Disney standards, it is expensive, but definitely yummy and worth doing at least once.

Just a warning, even by Disney standards, it is expensive, but definitely yummy and worth doing at least once.
It's expensive for breakfast, but it's less expensive than dinner or tea at SH55, and IMO it's better. Both times we went we were expecting a large bill and we were pleasantly surprised.

I have definitely looked at the pricing and haven't been scared off. Like I said previously, we did dinner at Steakhouse 55 about 5 years ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter