Tell me about Discovery Cove--have you gone???

only one i am sure of:

there are 8 people in each group to swim with the dolphin.

my guess from what i read on their website, everything is inclusive except for souvenirs, photos, video so i think the meal worms to feed the birds are given to you.

A few questions I haven't seen answered.

How long is the Dolphin Encounter?
Do you have to pay for food if you feed the birds in the aviary?
Are there set times of day when the aviary is closed? (this was the case at Busch Gardens in VA)
How many people are in your dolphin group?
Is there a listing of the dolphin names (DD wants to know :) )

Thanks - we're scheduled for 12 days from now!

A few questions I haven't seen answered.

How long is the Dolphin Encounter?

Officially 30 minutes, but it has been longer than that on occasion

Do you have to pay for food if you feed the birds in the aviary?

No, it is included in the price of your day and they are pretty generous with it

Are there set times of day when the aviary is closed? (this was the case at Busch Gardens in VA)

The aviary only closes if there is a thunderstorm approaching

How many people are in your dolphin group?

Normally around 8

Is there a listing of the dolphin names (DD wants to know :) )

Try this: http://alltomdelfiner.se/en/discovery-cove/discovery_cove.html

Thanks - we're scheduled for 12 days from now!

Answers added in blue. I hope you will have a wonderful time at Discovery Cove.

Corinna

If you are not doing the swimming with the dolphins is there ANY interaction with them at all? Like can you feed them or anything?

I saw this asked but I don't think I saw it answered. What do you wear under the wet suits male/female?

Thanks!

Not sure 100% sure but I don't think so as you can pay to do that at SeaWorld.

If you are not doing the swimming with the dolphins is there ANY interaction with them at all? Like can you feed them or anything?

I saw this asked but I don't think I saw it answered. What do you wear under the wet suits male/female?

Thanks!

Thanks!

No, the only way to interact with the dolphins at Discovery Cove is to purchase the dolphin swim package.

Corinna

I am very excited reading all this.. We are planning a trip in the spring and Discover cove was on our plan... Thanks to all for the great opinions..

To anyone that goes, Have a great time! It will be one of the best experiences of your life =)

I have been lucky enough to be a part of that team for years and I wish everyone could meet our dolphins.

I had priced it out for years, always too expensive to fit into our other trip plans, this year it was a bargin via the AMEX gift card offer:banana:. We'd do it again just for the non-dolphin experience especially the snorkling, although if it was priced right to do the swim we're in:cool2:

posts #13 thru #16

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2585744&page=2

Sorry if this question has been asked before. We are planning on being in Orlando next September and would love to do this but I'm wondering if my kids are too young. My youngest will have just turned 6 and my twins will be almost 8.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Sorry if this question has been asked before. We are planning on being in Orlando next September and would love to do this but I'm wondering if my kids are too young. My youngest will have just turned 6 and my twins will be almost 8.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

You must be six to participate in the dolphin experience.

If they are solid swimmers they should have a blast. Your six year old can walk out to be towed back by the dolphin (the end to the experience) instead of swimming if necessary. Everybody has to wear a bright yellow life vest during the dolphin experience so they won't feel singled out.

If your children are fearful of the water they might not have fun, but if they like the water and water activities, they can have a great day!

If you like - click on my TR link below and go down to the DC day to see our experience.

Does anyone know whether there is a lot of construction there at the moment with the building of the Grand Reef? Hoping to go early April .......don't suppose there is any chance of it being open by then?!!!
Debxx;)
Ooops...one more question, are you allocated a time for your dolphin swim before you go (when you book tickets) or when you get there? Thanks!:cool1:

Does anyone know whether there is a lot of construction there at the moment with the building of the Grand Reef? Hoping to go early April .......don't suppose there is any chance of it being open by then?!!!
Debxx;)
Ooops...one more question, are you allocated a time for your dolphin swim before you go (when you book tickets) or when you get there? Thanks!:cool1:

I can't help with the construction question as we last went in October 2009.

The dolphin swims are allocated when you check in on the day. The earlier you check in, the earlier your swim time. They just fill the first ones up and once they are full, they move on to the next one.

Corinna

We are going on Feb 21st :cool1:
I have a couple questions...

are there clocks around the park so you know when to head to your dolphin swim?

the picture/video package, this runs about $250 right? Is it worth it, do you get alot of pics? Are the pics just of dolphins or are their photographers throughout the park?

Do you recommend boat shoes? Or can you just get away with being barefoot?

Thanks for any help! I want to make sure I get this right;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter