Tell me about Gay Days DL 2015

dotfurio

What happened to the disappearing act?
My teen daughter is begging to attend and we're passholders, so we'll be going the Friday of the weekend event for sure. I know about red shirts... what else should we know?

I've read about past events on the website but the info is limited. It doesn't seem like there's much to do Friday, but I saw some things that sounded fun for her/us as a family Saturday - teen meet-up, scavenger hunt, etc. Are these events pretty popular? I'm wondering if it's worth it to purchase extra tickets for that day? (we're blocked out of weekends).

Most of the events do take place over Saturday and Sunday, however, there are still things to do on Friday. There's the welcome center in the Grand Californian, and there's typically a Mickey's Halloween Party on the Friday of gay days that a lot of people attend (though it is a ticketed event, but there's an AP discount). Overall it's a fun crowd in the parks that weekend. If you don't want to buy a ticket for the full day on Saturday there's always the twilight ticket that gets you in from 4 to close. They're available on the gay days website, along with other discounted park tickets.

It's been several years since I attented a Gay Days at DL but I can tell you it's popular. Super popular!! lol. I didn't engage much in the planned events, other than visiting the welcome center, so I can't really comment on that. I do; however, remmeber every last drop of rainbow Disney merchandise being front and center. It made for a very memorable weekend. I don't think you'll be disappointed if you decide to purchase tickets for Saturday.

~Wesley

Friday nights Halloween party is one of the first to sell out. so if you are thinking about it, get tickets early.

the parade is always fun on Saturday. Even if you dont ride on the boat, seeing it filled with red shirts coming round the river bend is amazing.

have fun!

Anybody planning on attending DL Gay Days this year? I'm sure it will be a big turn out with the SCOTUS ruling. :)

Hey folks. Anyone heading there this year? I have an unexpected California trip, so I tacked on 3 days which happens to coincide with Gay Days Anaheim. Be there on my own, so let me know if anyone else might be around. :)

Fiancé and I will be there Friday :). We aren't going to MHP (doing the wed party instead), but we will be at DL and DCA all day.

We're checking into the Grand on Thursday 10/01/15. I can't wait! One of the highlights, I think, is the welcome party. It's nice interacting with the cast members there and I find it amazing that they provide FREE rainbow Mickey cookies!

Attended this past Gay Days. It was great. Felt really good to be open about who we are in the parks and get generally good reactions from other park goers and cast. Defiantly will be returning in 2016.

Looks like the party is sold out for Friday. Darn, we were really excited about it when we read out it on here.

I didn't know about the gay days until after I planned the trip. We will be arriving on the Sunday. I have register to go to the family breakfast meet at Tangaroa Terrace. I wonder if anyone else are bringin their kids?

My daughter and I will be headed to Gay Days this year (daughter is a lovely single lesbian who'll be 20 at the time. I am an old married lady in a wheelchair.) Any good tips/tricks/things we should know?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!