Tell me about Jellyrolls, please!

ShellyMouse

I love Baloo!!
Adult ladies trip in September!! I've never been to Jellyrolls. Sounds really fun!!
Does it fill up right at 7? Is it mostly a younger/local crowd, or lots of Disney guests? Tell me if it's a must do!?

Thanks!! :disrocks:

Last edited:
We went about 6 months ago for the first time and it was a blast! We got there just as IllumiNations was going off and it was about half full - easily grabbed a table. Most tables were older than us at the time but as the night went on, got a LOT younger and the older set started scooting out. It became very crowded with a long line to get in by the time we left - I was pretty surprised, to be honest. This was a Sunday night in September.

I'm guessing it started to fill up around 10:30? 11?

We were only going to stay about an hour but were having so much fun, stayed until around midnight.

We went earlier this year at the end of January on a Tuesday night. It wasn't our intended destination. My husband and I were out with another couple. We were staying in the monorail area so our plan was to do a monorail bar crawl. Every place we went was dead, with the exception of Trader Sam's which had a wait for seats. We ended up jumping in a Minnie Van and heading to the Boardwalk in search of something to do. We arrived around 10:00 and got the only available table. The cover charge was $15 per person. The crowd was a mix of ages at that time of night. We stayed until closing and it seemed like the crowd got a bit younger as the night went on. It was fun because we were in a silly mood and the crowd was well lubricated and rambunctious. We were starving when we got there because we had intended to share a bunch of appetizer type dishes as we did our monorail crawl, but like I said, that didn't happen. Jellyrolls does not serve food. They have free popcorn but that's it, so don't go hungry. I wouldn't call it a must do, but if you're with a group that likes to sing along to well know songs from decades past and enjoys being silly and having a laugh, it's a good option. It's not the place for anyone who is offended by drunkenness, I will say that. I'm not sure how many rounds my foursome had. I lost count, but I woke up the next day to a receipt for almost $500, not including the $60 cover charge.

If you want to sit at a table, get there before IllumiNations (or whatever night show EPCOT has when you are going) ends. We have always arrived between 8-8:30 and were always able to get a table and set up a tab before it started to get busy. Getting there before the crowd is nice because you get a bit of a report with the server so they don't forget about you when the rush hits and the performers notice you and will try to get to your song(s) quicker. The music is mostly all request, so what they play each night depends on who is there (you write your request on a napkin, along with a tip, the higher the tip the quicker your song gets played). We have almost always had a great time here and highly recommend it.

Thanks for the info!! Sounds like soooo much fun!! Adding it to our schedule for sure!

Thanks again!!

If you want to sit at a table, get there before IllumiNations (or whatever night show EPCOT has when you are going) ends. We have always arrived between 8-8:30 and were always able to get a table and set up a tab before it started to get busy. Getting there before the crowd is nice because you get a bit of a report with the server so they don't forget about you when the rush hits and the performers notice you and will try to get to your song(s) quicker. The music is mostly all request, so what they play each night depends on who is there (you write your request on a napkin, along with a tip, the higher the tip the quicker your song gets played). We have almost always had a great time here and highly recommend it.

We hit Jellyrolls every year, for us it's a must!

Agree with above, if you get there before Illuminations you should not have a problem getting a seat. We like to go on weekdays as Fri and Sat do get crazy busy.

Also agree with getting there early to get your song played.

It has been in our plan the last 3 years during Food and Wine and have yet to get there.
Hopefully this year. It just sounds like so much fun.

We love Jellyrolls - we got there right around 7p and it was pretty empty until closer to 9p. 1st set was busy but not packed. Second set was standing room only.

I went on Easter Sunday this year. Don’t forget that there is a $15 cover charge and they do not take MagicBands. Bring cash to request songs. I believe theoretically it isn’t required, but every person paid at least $5 per song when I was there. I felt bad because I only had a $20 and my MB so I only stayed about an hour, requesting one song and ordering one drink on my MB.

The atmosphere is very dive bar like. The pianists are great and were rather funny. I think I would have enjoyed it more in a group.

It was very empty at 7 but as others said had started to fill by 8, and that was a good 90m before the fireworks let out so I can imagine it got very busy later even on an odd night to be at a bar.

LOVE Jellyrolls! For an adult trip it is definitely a must do! Such talented piano players compared to other dueling piano bars I've been to, even Pat O'Briens in New Orleans! Usually a pretty mixed crowd and fun for all!

It is fun. I was surprised at how small it is...I think capacity is only 120 people. If you want to sit be there early. Drinks are very expensive even by WDW standards and my margarita was served in a "wedding size" punch cup. As others have said, popcorn is the only food, so don't go looking for snacks or nibbles.

Thanks again for all the replies!! I told the others in my group about it, and it's on our "happening for sure" list! We are thinking the Sunday night while we're there would be good. Excited to check it out!!

I'm thinking this might be a good plan for our arrival day. We're arriving early afternoon and not going to any parks that day. The only thing is, it's a Tuesday - are weeknights quiet?

Also, staying at AKL - is our best bet to take a bus to HS and walk over from there? How far is the walk?

Thanks!

I'm thinking this might be a good plan for our arrival day. We're arriving early afternoon and not going to any parks that day. The only thing is, it's a Tuesday - are weeknights quiet?

Also, staying at AKL - is our best bet to take a bus to HS and walk over from there? How far is the walk?

Thanks!

The walk from HS to Jellyrolls is 10 minutes max - Jellyrolls is almost immediately on the right when you turn off the walking path and onto the Boardwalk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter