Tell me about Sheraton Vistana Village

SwanVT2

DIS Veteran
We are starwood members. We stay at Swan or Dolphin usually. However Sheraton Vistana has great reviews on tripadvisor. How is their shuttle service to the park? I would be curious to hear reviews from anyone who has stayed here recently. Thank you.

We stayed there in September 2017. We rented a car (it was like $120/week through Costco) so I can't comment on the shuttle. I will say that of my 22 trips to Orlando this was one of the most impressive stays. The resort is perfectly located if you want to do Disney, Uni, SeaWorld. Our place (2 bedroom) had been very recently renovated, washer/dryer/dishwasher, 3 huge tvs, a pool and hot tub across the parking lot which we only used once. If you are used to Interval/timeshare type properties I would rate this as one of the best I have stayed at. We have always either had our own house (we sold it) or stay in Interval resorts. If you have any specific concerns just ask me.

Last edited:
Hi, can you tell me how long it took to get to Seaworld and Universal? We are looking for a place prior to our stay at Disney to do these 2 parks. We've stayed at the Marriott properties, which we thought were great, but thinking of maybr trying something new, we're looking into Vista Cay too-
thanks!

Ametista - We are going to stay here for the first time mid-May. If you don't mind me asking, what section did you stay? Being close to the market and pool bar would be nice. I was thinking about requesting Section 23 or 24 of St. Augustine. Those looked like an easy walk to either the main building of St. Augustine or over to the waterfall pool and restaurant. Any tips?? Any other suggestions from anyone to make our stay better would be very much appreciated. Thank you

OK you guys I am a moron. I stayed at Sheraton Vistana Resort, not SVV. So I really apologize for my mistake, but fwiw SVR is beautiful and I would recommend. But commute times were about 10 mins to SW and 15 to Uni.

Loved it so much! It’s a wonderful resort and will be our choice for our next stay. We have always stayed onsite but tried this resort on the end of our 9 night stay at AKL and we loved it. I was afraid we would regret it and even attempted to extend our stay at AKL but I’m so glad that didn’t work out because now I’m officially converted.

We stayed at the Sheraton Vistana Villages in LBV in 2015 (2 bedroom on 2nd floor). It was great!!! We have also stayed at Wyndham Bonnet Creek and Marriott Royal Palms. SVV was my favorite of the 3. The unit was so nice and clean (in better shape than both the other two places I mentioned), and the beds were SO comfortable. Plenty of space to spread out, and 2 beautiful pools were a short walk from our unit. If being near the pool is important to you, I would request that when you check in. We didn't say anything about it and they initially placed us in a unit in the corner of the property, not within walking distance to the pools. We have small kids and would have had to drive over. No thanks. They did move us immediately after we called, though.

The resort is really large and sprawling, so I personally cannot imagine staying there without a car. Bonus- you can park right outside your unit, which is great! I found the parking at WBC really difficult, and probably wouldn't stay there again for that reason. But I wouldn't recommend SVV if you are not going to have a car. We bypassed daily housekeeping for the duration of our trip so they gave us a few free coupons for breakfast. We even had to drive over to that. There are shops right across the street from the resort that are great- Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, and I think next door is a Wendy's and a couple of other fast food options. But, without a car it would probably be a 20-30 minute walk from the units and down the long driveway to access these shops. I did review the shuttle schedule for parks, but it was not convenient so we drove each day. We did do two trips to the parks on some days, leaving for lunch and going back for parade in evening- so the location is good for access to WDW. If you are doing Universal, I think the other Sheraton Vistana on I-drive is probably closer.

We are probably going to try Windsor Hills for our next trip, but I would stay at the SVV again.

We stayed at the Sheraton Vistana Villages in LBV in 2015 (2 bedroom on 2nd floor). It was great!!! We have also stayed at Wyndham Bonnet Creek and Marriott Royal Palms. SVV was my favorite of the 3. The unit was so nice and clean (in better shape than both the other two places I mentioned), and the beds were SO comfortable. Plenty of space to spread out, and 2 beautiful pools were a short walk from our unit. If being near the pool is important to you, I would request that when you check in. We didn't say anything about it and they initially placed us in a unit in the corner of the property, not within walking distance to the pools. We have small kids and would have had to drive over. No thanks. They did move us immediately after we called, though.

The resort is really large and sprawling, so I personally cannot imagine staying there without a car. Bonus- you can park right outside your unit, which is great! I found the parking at WBC really difficult, and probably wouldn't stay there again for that reason. But I wouldn't recommend SVV if you are not going to have a car. We bypassed daily housekeeping for the duration of our trip so they gave us a few free coupons for breakfast. We even had to drive over to that. There are shops right across the street from the resort that are great- Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, and I think next door is a Wendy's and a couple of other fast food options. But, without a car it would probably be a 20-30 minute walk from the units and down the long driveway to access these shops. I did review the shuttle schedule for parks, but it was not convenient so we drove each day. We did do two trips to the parks on some days, leaving for lunch and going back for parade in evening- so the location is good for access to WDW. If you are doing Universal, I think the other Sheraton Vistana on I-drive is probably closer.

We are probably going to try Windsor Hills for our next trip, but I would stay at the SVV again.
Based on the above description, @Penmac was actually at SVR (Sheraton Vistana Resort) on 535. SVV is the sister property on I-Drive. Lots of folks get them confused. Both are great resorts. SVV is more compact than SVR and would not require driving around on the property.

We stayed there in September 2017. We rented a car (it was like $120/week through Costco) so I can't comment on the shuttle. I will say that of my 22 trips to Orlando this was one of the most impressive stays. The resort is perfectly located if you want to do Disney, Uni, SeaWorld. Our place (2 bedroom) had been very recently renovated, washer/dryer/dishwasher, 3 huge tvs, a pool and hot tub across the parking lot which we only used once. If you are used to Interval/timeshare type properties I would rate this as one of the best I have stayed at. We have always either had our own house (we sold it) or stay in Interval resorts. If you have any specific concerns just ask me.
Awesome! We are staying here. Booked through Costco and got great deal on a 2BR. I have MS and Am
Able to walk but tire very easily. We requested a room in Bldg 25 near the pool with the pirate ship (bc we have a 5 year old). I hope this was a wise move? Since there is a kitchen I don’t think i would “need” to walk to main area of the resort often and am guessing we could loop around and drive to it if needed? Is the resort very spread out and a huge amount of walking? Thanks for your response/ review to OP

Great review- thank you!

Great review- thank you!
Hi- thank you. I just realized after reading your comment that I reviewed the wrong one! We did not stay at the Villages. We stayed at the Vistana Resort Villas over by World Center Drive. I didn't realize the difference when I posted this review! From what I have read, the Villages are just as good- just more condensed and not so spread out.

OK you guys I am a moron. I stayed at Sheraton Vistana Resort, not SVV. So I really apologize for my mistake, but fwiw SVR is beautiful and I would recommend. But commute times were about 10 mins to SW and 15 to Uni.
Apparently I am a moron too. Did the same exact thing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!