Tell Me About the Fantasmic Dinner Package...

JessGWI

Earning My Ears
Can you do this package if you are on the Dining Plan? Would it count as 1TS or 2? I also heard that the menu for the package is "Prixe Fix". Now when I think of this, I think of a menu that is "This is what you get, doesn't matter if you don't like it". We will only be in DHS one night when they have Fantasmic and don't want to miss out on Fantasmic, but also don't want to burn an hour+ waiting for the experience. Rate you experience for me and let me know if you think it would be worth it.

Can you do this package if you are on the Dining Plan? Would it count as 1TS or 2? I also heard that the menu for the package is "Prixe Fix". Now when I think of this, I think of a menu that is "This is what you get, doesn't matter if you don't like it". We will only be in DHS one night when they have Fantasmic and don't want to miss out on Fantasmic, but also don't want to burn an hour+ waiting for the experience. Rate you experience for me and let me know if you think it would be worth it.

We have booked to go for our first time.

We are going to mama melrose, and as far as I know you can eat off the normal menu

There are 3 restaurants you can get the Fantasmic Package with. One is Mama Melrose's and it is one credit on the dining plan. You get an appetizer (yes, you get one with the Fantasmic package), entree, and desert from the regular menu, but it is a set price for the package -- which really does not effect you if on the plan. You can also go to the Brown Derby, same type of thing but it takes 2 dining credits. You can also go the Hollywood and Vine, it is a buffet and takes one credit. Please be aware that the reservations are typically early around 3:30 to 4:30 or so, and then they give you a ticket for a reserved section in the ampitheatre for the show. You still have to show up about 30-45 minutes early, but do not have to wait in line and your group has a guaranteed seat. Hope this helps.

DD and I did it last year, only because like you it was offered only 1 or 2x while we were there. We missed it the trip before, so we both agreed we wanted to see it. We ate at Hollywood and Vine around 3:45. Food was buffet. I didn't like it as much as the CP buffet, but it was still ok. DD lives on chicken nuggets, so for us it was the best choice. We were on the dining plan and it was one credit each.

When it was time to go get our seats we walked (a long way) around the back of Beauty & The Beast to get to the assigned seating. As long as you get there on the earlier side of the "time to arrive" window, you will have no issues finding a seat.

If it's a "must do" of your trip, I'd book the package.

I'm thinking of booking this too..haven't seen Fantasmic and want to this trip definitely. Considering Mama Melrose since both kids love Italian.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter