Tell me about Undercover Tourist

MudQueen22

DIS Veteran
If you have purchased and used tickets from Undercover Tourist for a WDW trip, would you please answer some questions for me?

We are staying on property. If we purchased tickets from Undercover Tourist, can we still make our dining reservations and fast passes in advance (180 days and 60 days)?

Can we purchase different numbers of ticket days for different family members?? Ex: If elder relatives only want 2 park days, but everyone else wants 7, can we purchase this way when on the same WDW resort reservation?

If someone can't go, can their ticket be returned?

If you have purchased and used tickets from Undercover Tourist for a WDW trip, would you please answer some questions for me?

1. We are staying on property. If we purchased tickets from Undercover Tourist, can we still make our dining reservations and fast passes in advance (180 days and 60 days)?

2. Can we purchase different numbers of ticket days for different family members?? Ex: If elder relatives only want 2 park days, but everyone else wants 7, can we purchase this way when on the same WDW resort reservation?

3. If someone can't go, can their ticket be returned?
1. Yes, but keep in mind that you have to have the tickets linked to your MDE account before you can book your fastpasses.

2. Yes.

3. If they haven't been linked to an MDE account, you can return them but you'll have to pay a 10% restocking fee.

Thank you!
Can you make dining reservations for the parks before tickets have been purchased or linked?

We've used them a couple of times and found them to be good to buy from. Their customer service is good too. One time we thought we had an issue with my DD's ticket (turned out to be an MDE glitch - shocking) and they were very helpful.

Used them for the first time this year, wish I had always used them. I have AP already, like you, we bought 2 5-day and 1 4-day pass. They did add an extra security step this year when purchasing online, you'll get an email asking you to confirm a few things before the sale goes through (FYI, keep an eye out & don't consider it spam), when the tickets arrived they were wrapped in a clear sleeve & sealed with a note they are not returnable once opened or linked to MDE, but you can see the numbers on back, I kept mine locked up until a few days before FP day then I linked them, no problems.

I’ve purchased tickets from both UnderCoverTourist and Parksavers. Great experiences with both. It saves you money.

At times, one or the other or another ticket seller like these will run a special. Sign up for the Mousesavers newsletter. They will Email you a heads up if they are running a deal. Keep your eyes on this forum particularly here on the Theme Parks section and watch the Ticket FAQ here too.

Last edited:
Used them for the first time this year, wish I had always used them. I have AP already, like you, we bought 2 5-day and 1 4-day pass. They did add an extra security step this year when purchasing online, you'll get an email asking you to confirm a few things before the sale goes through (FYI, keep an eye out & don't consider it spam), when the tickets arrived they were wrapped in a clear sleeve & sealed with a note they are not returnable once opened or linked to MDE, but you can see the numbers on back, I kept mine locked up until a few days before FP day then I linked them, no problems.

I have used Undercover Tourist several times and have never had a problem. Like shocker said above, you cannot open the clear plastic sleeve that your tickets come in if you might want to return them and they cannot be returned after they are linked to MDE. I also kept my tickets in a safe place in the plastic sleeve until the day before Fastpass+ ressies could be made. I had no problems linking the tickets.

When you do link the tickets in MDE, you assign each ticket to an individual. So just make sure you assign the 2 day tickets to the right people and the 7 day tickets to the right people, and you will be all set.

I have used Undercover Tourist several times and have never had a problem. Like shocker said above, you cannot open the clear plastic sleeve that your tickets come in if you might want to return them and they cannot be returned after they are linked to MDE. I also kept my tickets in a safe place in the plastic sleeve until the day before Fastpass+ ressies could be made. I had no problems linking the tickets.

When you do link the tickets in MDE, you assign each ticket to an individual. So just make sure you assign the 2 day tickets to the right people and the 7 day tickets to the right people, and you will be all set.

Yep, I wrote in marker on each card who they belong to. Unlike when you purchase at the gate & get a different design on each card, the tickets I got from UCT all look the same. We still plan to use our old MB's anyway, but will take the cards in case we need them.

Yep, I wrote in marker on each card who they belong to. Unlike when you purchase at the gate & get a different design on each card, the tickets I got from UCT all look the same. We still plan to use our old MB's anyway, but will take the cards in case we need them.

When did you get those UCT tickets? We bought ours in 2016 from UCT, and they came with an assortment of Disney characters on them. We wrote names on them in Sharpie anyway because there were some duplicates with a party of 8, but we had Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Goofy. I'm wondering if UCT changed or if Disney did.

When did you get those UCT tickets? We bought ours in 2016 from UCT, and they came with an assortment of Disney characters on them. We wrote names on them in Sharpie anyway because there were some duplicates with a party of 8, but we had Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Goofy. I'm wondering if UCT changed or if Disney did.

Would have been a few months ago, maybe March 2018.

Used them yesterday without any problems. Did have to do the extra security step for fraud prevention but worth it for the ticket savings. Linked ticket immediately and added fastpasses without any problems.

Ours from 2017 are plain. No character designs.

We used UT for the first time last October and had a great experience. We saved $160 for a family of 4. I opted to have the tickets mailed to me because I'm old school that way and I linked them the day before we could book fast passes.

I have a question. My sister is going to purchase our tickets through UT. All planning, etc. is being done under my MDE account. Can I still link them under my MDE account even though she purchased them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter