Tell me about Undercover Tourist

I have a question. My sister is going to purchase our tickets through UT. All planning, etc. is being done under my MDE account. Can I still link them under my MDE account even though she purchased them.
As long as you have the ticket numbers, you can link them!

When did you get those UCT tickets? We bought ours in 2016 from UCT, and they came with an assortment of Disney characters on them. We wrote names on them in Sharpie anyway because there were some duplicates with a party of 8, but we had Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Goofy. I'm wondering if UCT changed or if Disney did.

We purchased tickets last year for September 2017 and just a few months ago for this year. We have different designs on all of our tickets (Elsa, Spaceship Earth, Dumbo, and it's a small world for this year).

I will say that I have consistently found Boardwalk Ticketing to be cheaper than Undercover Tourist.
Did Boardwalk Ticketing charge your card right away when you purchased the tickets, or does it get charged when they email you the code to link to your MDE account? I bought last night and don't have a pending credit card charge.

Can you make dining reservations for the parks before tickets have been purchased or linked?
You can make reservations anywhere on property at 180 mark (a resort reservation gives you the +10 advantage) you dont need a resort reservation nor park tickets, but obviously if you are making a reservation in a park you will need a ticket to get in - so this brings me to my next point.

Can we purchase different numbers of ticket days for different family members?? Ex: If elder relatives only want 2 park days, but everyone else wants 7, can we purchase this way when on the same WDW resort reservation?
Your family members may want to reconsider getting only 2 days of tickets vs 7 days for other in the traveling party. Even if they only wanted to go to a park for a couple hours or meet the rest of the family in the park for dinner and then leave -- they would be severely limited if they only had a 2 day ticket. As you add days it does get cheaper per day so for ease of planning and flexibility i would suggest that everyone has a ticket for the same number of days. Plus with only 2 days then you have to decide which 2 parks you want to go to. There is certainly a lot to see in each park even if they are not ride goers. Yes, it would cost more, but i think it would eliminate the - Oh we booked CRT but you don't have any park days left so you can't join us.

If tickets are linked and not used the usually can not be returned, but could be then saved to be used before they expire. Even if they were to expire the value paid would be good towards future tickets

Last edited:
I agree with PP, my parents often don't need as much park time but the tickets get cheaper over time, so if you can swing longer tickets for the elder relatives, I would do it. That also allows for (in my case) my parents to avoid "making the ticket worth it" (i.e., staying beyond when they should in terms of exhaustion).

Sometimes there are gaps when I redo my AP. There have been a couple of years I knew I wasnt going to go for 3 or 4 months due to work so I would let it expire and then prior to buying a new one, buy the best deal on UCT and then bridge it. Never had any issues with UTC. Ive even booked hotels at lower rates through them.

We often use UT. If you want to upgrade, you have to do it at the parks. At least that is what Disney told me about a past upgrade for an e ticket. We have never had any problems with them.

I have used UT to buy tickets for Disney, Seaworld and Legoland. There were no issues with the tickets, was easy to get into parks. And as an added bonus, UT uses the merchant category of "travel" so I can use my credit card points to buy the tickets (it's a travel card).

Did Boardwalk Ticketing charge your card right away when you purchased the tickets, or does it get charged when they email you the code to link to your MDE account? I bought last night and don't have a pending credit card charge.
I got charged right away. If you don't receive your codes to link to your MDE within 24 hours, give them a call.

I have used Undercover Tourist several times and have never had a problem. Like shocker said above, you cannot open the clear plastic sleeve that your tickets come in if you might want to return them and they cannot be returned after they are linked to MDE. I also kept my tickets in a safe place in the plastic sleeve until the day before Fastpass+ ressies could be made. I had no problems linking the tickets.

When you do link the tickets in MDE, you assign each ticket to an individual. So just make sure you assign the 2 day tickets to the right people and the 7 day tickets to the right people, and you will be all set.

The last couple of times I bought tickets from UT I never took them out of the plastic sleeves. You can scan them into MDE without taking them out. I brought them on our trip just in case but never needed the physical tickets.

I still have all of our tickets (used of course) sealed in the plastic sleeves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter