Tell me About Via Napoli

I would usually not go to an Italian place at Epcot because I can get good Italian food at home. But, I hear lots of good things about Via Napoli.

Is it authentic Italian food?
Tell me about pizzas AND other entree options, as well.
Well, this is kind of two very different questions. I'd rate the pizzas there very good. I've also had several of the other entrees but basically view this as a pizza place with options.

As far as good, authentic Italian food though the nod goes to Il Mulino at the Swan.

I'm live in the South Jersey Philadelphia area and am a pizza snob. I have been known to drive 20-30 minutes out of my way for really good pizza when I have dozens of pizza shops in my area.

I absolutely LOVE Via Napoli's pizza. So do my kids. Service is usually really slow so we make an ADR for around 11:30 am. But it's worth it for the pizza.

I'm live in the South Jersey Philadelphia area and am a pizza snob. I have been known to drive 20-30 minutes out of my way for really good pizza when I have dozens of pizza shops in my area.

I absolutely LOVE Via Napoli's pizza. So do my kids. Service is usually really slow so we make an ADR for around 11:30 am. But it's worth it for the pizza.

I'll sit with you in the pizza snob corner, LOL. Either eat it right or ignore.
When I first married we moved from Manhattan to Brooklyn since it was cheaper and a nice place to raise a family. However we missed our monthly shot of pizza which we already traveled to partake in. Our fav parlour was Stromboli's, in the Village, near the bowling alley....had way better sauce than Ray's on 6th Ave and was nowhere near as crowded. During our UWS living time the ex worked in Tribeca and SoHo so he'd order a pie and bring it home after work.

We continued the tradition when we moved to Brooklyn but I was the pick up person. I'd call the pizzeria ahead of time, drop the kid(s) off at a neighbor and jump on the train which was maybe....5 stops away from Strombili's. Pick up steaming hot pie and grab a taxi back into downtown Brooklyn. Good times, good eats and memories.
It was kind of sad that it took some years for me to move back to Manhattan and realise that Di Fara's in Brooklyn has serious glory.

Last edited:

Opinions on Italian cuisine vary wildly, but here's something that hasn't been brought up: It's a loud restaurant. EVERYONE AT THE TABLE WILL NEED TO USE THEIR OUTDOOR VOICE.;)

My family and I all loved it! We had a large pizza (not the biggest one), half margherita, half picante. More than enough for the three of us to split. Both kinds were delicious. It tasted just like the pizza we had in Naples, Italy. So I would say that's pretty authentic.

Can this Italian girl from Brooklyn join you ladies in the pizza snob corner? Haha! Not only do we love eating pizza, we also love talking about eating pizza! When we moved to NJ after our DD was born, we despaired of ever finding the delicious pizza we grew up eating. How could they make a decent crust without NY water? LOL

Luckily, one of our favorite pizza joints opened up a place about 10 minutes from us, whew!

We LOVE the pizza at Via Napoli. With their imported Neapolitan flour and water that has just the right ph level, their pizza crust is perfectly crispy and chewy. Love it!

:sunny:

I would join the pizza snob corner but I’m guessing my Chicago deep dish would be ridiculed and shunned since it seems to be an East Coast party. :rolleyes1

OP, I can’t help you yet. We’re going for the first time in May.

Can this Italian girl from Brooklyn join you ladies in the pizza snob corner? Haha! Not only do we love eating pizza, we also love talking about eating pizza! When we moved to NJ after our DD was born, we despaired of ever finding the delicious pizza we grew up eating. How could they make a decent crust without NY water? LOL

Luckily, one of our favorite pizza joints opened up a place about 10 minutes from us, whew!

We LOVE the pizza at Via Napoli. With their imported Neapolitan flour and water that has just the right ph level, their pizza crust is perfectly crispy and chewy. Love it!

Ohmigosh....ya just gave me a theme for a dinner party (pizza snobs of the world unite!) :rotfl2:. My kiddos can claim their Bklyn roots but when they get too full of selves on that level I talk about the good ol days growing up in the Bronx before and after it exploded in flames;).

I would join the pizza snob corner but I’m guessing my Chicago deep dish would be ridiculed and shunned since it seems to be an East Coast party. :rolleyes1

Good pizza is good pizza and personally I've noooo problems w/ style differences as long as nobody is using a national or certain regional chains (Famaglia, Sbarro, Cheesy) as a reference point cuz those places are just wrong and I'm certain it's a nefarious plot that's on purpose- look what they did to the bagel?!

Peace out:).

It was so loud in there and my head hurt by the time I got out. We just gave up trying to communicate. The food was fine but nothing stands out bad or good. I would not go back just because of the noise level.

It was so loud in there and my head hurt by the time I got out. We just gave up trying to communicate. The food was fine but nothing stands out bad or good. I would not go back just because of the noise level.
I wonder if where we sat made a difference because we didn't notice the noise at all. We were against a window all the way to the right as you walk in.

There’s room in the pizza-snob corner for ALL pizza snobs LOL

I’ve never had Chicago deep dish, but come on over and have a seat, I’ll scooch over!

Chicago deep dish is a beast in it's own league! I like Chicago deep dish, but I actually prefer my pizza in slices I can pick up, maybe fold if I want to, and where I can eat more than one piece! lol

There’s room in the pizza-snob corner for ALL pizza snobs LOL

I’ve never had Chicago deep dish, but come on over and have a seat, I’ll scooch over!

Thanks! I’ll bring my Lou Malnati’s (the owner brought Jon Stewart a pie after he went on a tear on the Daily Show about how awful Chicago style is)

Chicago deep dish is a beast in it's own league! I like Chicago deep dish, but I actually prefer my pizza in slices I can pick up, maybe fold if I want to, and where I can eat more than one piece! lol

We’ll start a weight lifting regimen in the pizza snob corner so you can at least do one of those 3 things. :rotfl:

^^^^^^

Youse are killing me with giggles!
Keep it up:cool:.

Oh and for what it is worth...Chi style pizza reminds me of Sicilian pizza on steroids.

1st trip to VN:LOVED it. Sat outside so not as loud and it was a great atmosphere. Also, not on the dining plan so we ordered a pizza to share. Food was outstanding. 2nd only to Cali Grill that trip.

2nd trip: ugh. On dining plan. You can’t order the custom pizzas. We each ordered individual dishes. Kids had pasta, DH and I had the individual pizzas. Food was awful. None of us finished our dinners. Service was so slow. The meal took 2 hours, and that was with us deciding to skip dessert so we didn’t miss a fast pass window (it was in future world and we had to hurry to get there). We were inside, and as others have said, it was loud.

I will go back, but I will wait longer to get outside and I won’t go on the dining plan. It honestly felt like the waiter treated us differently when he found out we were on the plan. Didn’t happen like that any other time on the trip, but you could see the difference in tables since they were so close.

I really liked the crust and the cheese. My bf, after complaining for months we were going to a pizza place, decided we would split the capricciosa pizza. I think that’s where the problem was - I had planned on getting just pepperoni. The toppings made it feel a bit soggy and artichokes have a distinct/somewhat overpowering flavor. The bites with eggplant or just cheese were great!

My bf has a knack for picking the wrong thing, but I didn’t argue with his choice. I’m going to try it again and get Quattro formaggio or pepperoni.

Via Napoli is a fav! Half of us prefer margherita pizza, the other half say the pepperoni is the best EVER. Pair that with lovely sangria and a salad and you're all set. Wait staff had always been very friendly and chatty. You can linger as long as you like and never feel rushed. (Perhaps that's what some folks mean by bad service???)

Mangiare!!

We've been twice and had a good time. The pizza is ok. For our November trip I had the linguine allo scoglio and thought it was good--better than the pizza. It is super-loud inside, and our daughter has persistent headaches so noise is a problem, and we've asked to sit outside both times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter