Tell me about your adult-only, couples trip? Did you go to the parks?

DH and I had made 5 adults only trips before we finally had DD and started bringing her along. We do the same things now with her as we did by ourselves. Parks. Nice dinners. Mini-golf. Water parks. Late night parties. We toss her in the kids club for the really fancy dinners, but that's about it.

Oh, no side trips to Universal now. Not until she grows enough to meet most of their height requirements.

It is always just the two of us. We do schedule FP+ for most days, but if we wake up and want to do something different, we release them and follow our instincts. Our goal now is to have hit every lounge on property - we’re closing in on it (except they keep opening new ones at Disney Springs!) We sometimes go to the parks with our Kindles and find a lovely spot to read and people watch. We try to add one new special event to each trip. This year, we’re doing a personal watercraft tour of the Seven Seas Lagoon. Should be lots of fun.

My honeymoon trip was very heavy on getting to the parks so we did book fastpasses in advance. We don't make it to Florida very often though and we aren't sure when we'll be back so that was a big part of it. We did 3 table service meals in the 5 day trip to get some splurging in but other than that just quick service where we could both get something we wanted.

In your situation coming off of a family trip I would definitely take a slower pace and spend more time at the resort and Disney Springs but thats just me.

So this is the plan i have put together:

2 days in the parks (one day MK for about 3 hours, followed by evening at AK, and one day about 3 hours at DHS, followed by Epcot)

2 days at water parks, including arrival day (my DH loves the water parks and July will be hot, so a good thing to do).

FP+
FOP (I hope I can get this)
Everest

Slinky Coaster
ToT

ADRs (on DxDP):
Cali Grill brunch,
Raglan Road dinner,
Sanaa lunch,
Tiffins dinner,
Spice Road lunch
Yachtsman dinner

Evenings:
Raglan Road
JellyRolls
Pandora

So this is the plan i have put together:

2 days in the parks (one day MK for about 3 hours, followed by evening at AK, and one day about 3 hours at DHS, followed by Epcot)

2 days at water parks, including arrival day (my DH loves the water parks and July will be hot, so a good thing to do).

This looks like a lot of fun. I would suggest that you try to do your Epcot night when the park is open late; you may find a lot of fun things to do in the various countries, and Epcot can feel particularly hot, so summer nights there are golden!

This looks like a lot of fun. I would suggest that you try to do your Epcot night when the park is open late; you may find a lot of fun things to do in the various countries, and Epcot can feel particularly hot, so summer nights there are golden!
I'm hoping we'll be able to hang out later at Epcot, but it's currently showing 9 pm closing, and there's currently no evening EMH during my dates. I'm hoping they'll extend the hours since sundown is 8:25 pm. Not a lot of time to do the evening parks! Otherwise, we'll hang until 9:00 and then go to JellyRolls.

We're Joining the Old Farts Anniversary Crowd: May Day is our 35th ... DW and I are headed to all of our fave spots / rides / and restaurants. AND ...there will be very leisurely shopping at Disney Springs with breaks at Dockside Margaritas. WE know you have your faves and we know you're gonna have fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun!

My wife and I just got back from a little getaway without our kids. Stayed at Grand Floridian for the 1st time. It was our best trip to Disney hands down. We only had to a ride a bus to and from Downtown Disney. We went to MK on Monorail and took the boat back. Next day, went to Epcot using monorail both ways. Drank great beer in Epcot, had a fantastic dinner both nights. Canadian steakhouse Wed. and Liberty tree tavern Tue. I woke up and worked out, wife got to sleep in, we had breakfast and went to the parks when we were ready. This is the 2nd year we've done it and will most likely continue to do it.

Haven't stayed at the parks since the new Fastpass system went into place but have been multiple times with family and fiends that are all adults. REally we don't do anything different from when i was a kid, except that we will split up more. My parents will take more downtime now. Usually go to a park in the morning for a few hours then go back to the hotel and relax at the room or pool and head out again for an evening at another park. Really the only difference for our trips now, friends or family, is we skip the more basic kiddie rides liek Dumbo that we would have done as kids. Take more time to lounge around resorts and explore other areas outside of parks but think that has more to do with having been there numerous times than age. Feel like if i went for the first time now I'd probably spend all my time in the parks.

Before becoming Disney snowbirds DW and I made many one week trips to WDW and always went to the parks. We would also take one or two "relaxation" days depending on how we were feeling. We would usually rope drop a park, stay for a few hours, and then take a break. We stayed at the Boardwalk so evenings frequently involved wandering over to Epcot. We aren't big 'foodies' so meals were usually spur of the moment QS.
Wishing you a pixiedust: anniversary visit!

I only go with DH now. We go every 3-4 years so there will be something new each time. We always go to the parks and don't do non-pIfark days. We switch up from RD days with more relaxing afternoons or late start days with a morning at the pool (we also do laundry then). We will be going for 9 days this next trip. Followed by a week at Universal. If we only feel like doing our FP+ rides and grabbing a bite to eat so be it.

Our upcoming trip will be our first adults only trip because our daughter is now 20. She and her bff will have their own room, and my husband and I will have our own room. Every morning we are exploring the parks as a foursome. In the afternoon, my DH and I will either nap or swim. DD and her friend may or may not go to the pool with us. Except for our actual anniversary, we are eating dinner together. We will be celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary at Narcoossees just the two of us. DH and I will stay at the resort at night and DD and her friend will go their own way if they wish. We are renting a cabana on our last day. I’m thinking about booking a spa day at the Grand Floridian. I expect it to be a much more relaxing vacation than usual at WDW.

My DH and I are childless (we have furbabies) so all of our trips are adult only trips. Yes we always go to the parks. I like to have a focus for our trips. That helps with planning a lot. There is so much to do at Disney sometimes I get overwhelmed. Last October it was about Halloween themed activities and F&W. We stayed at AKL CL. We had our FPs booked and dining reservations most nights. We don't eat big throughout the day so we like to sit down to an evening meal and relax and take a breather. We are not rope droppers. We get up on our own time and head to the parks. We rarely sleep past 8 or 9 though. We like the parks at night and that is our preference. We have another weekend trip planned for April. I used to love meeting the characters as a child so I really want to do that again with this April trip. I booked many character meals for this specific purpose. We have to eat, so might as well meet a few characters while we eat. I am not waiting in a line to meet characters. I have Askerhus, Tusker's, and the Mary Poppin's breakfast at GF booked. We are doing another weekend trip in July to check out the new Toy Story land. That will be one day only and early in the morning before the heat sets in. Then we are going to focus on the water parks and then visit the parks in the evening. I was able to book some hard to get reservations for that trip that I am really excited about because it will be our first time getting to do these ever elusive events. I got a Cinderella's Royal Table breakfast and Be Our Guest dinner reservation before it changes to a signature. We are tentatively looking at trip in September. I have a nurse practitioner conference I need to attend, so won't be able to do any park time until after 4pm, if I decide to book it. Would like to squeeze in a Halloween Party and hopefully F&W on that trip. We are also definitely planning a December trip for Christmas and our 7th anniversary. That will be a week long trip and we would like to take some tours and just go at slow pace, also a Christmas Party. Want to see Yeehaw Bob on that trip :).

Me and my husband don't have kids so our trip is always an adult trip. We always go to the parks. We usually aren't at rope drop but we usually stay until close. We always schedule Fp and have a table service dinner. We find it's good way to relax at The end of the day

Going without the family is very different... For us it two completely different ways of seeing/touring Disney... We go into the parks daily, hit the pool, nap, have dinner and watch fireworks every night... I would make ADR's somewhere that the two of you want to try, duck into all the things that you don't go into when the family is with you... Graze around the world showcase, have a character breakfast is fun, DH and I always have one breakfast with Mickey and the Gang... sleep in or stay out late... so much more flexibility. People watch... check out the boardwalk area... some of our friends who go all the time went the without the kids for the first just the two of them, she said that they never go over to the boardwalk, I suggested dinner at Flying Fish and to walk around afterwards, she took my suggestions and said it was quite romantic :love:

Get a couple ADR's and I would book FP's... This way you have some type of plan like a jumping off point...

3 day anniversary trip last June (after a big family trip in February).

Arrival - Disney Springs, Raglan Road, Dis 2pthe party at Epcot!
Day 2 - Animal Kingdom, FP for Na'vi (couldn't get one with 3 weeks notice for FoP), Yak & Yeti lunch
Day 3 - Epcot WS, lunch in France, FEA & spaceship Earth fp bc that was with the party night, late flight home.

It was perfect! Main focus was things we didn't have time for with kids.

My wife and I did a trip without the kids last year. We arrived Friday and left Monday. We went to MK for several hours and the rest of the trip was spent at hotel pools or EPCOT. We did a tour in EPCOT, since we couldnt do it with the kids. Lots of drinking and relaxing.

When DH & I go, it's very different from my solo trips. He likes to go slow, and he likes sit down dining. He doesn't care much for the rides. Our first trip he didn't want to do ADRs or FP+, and he found out to his horror that that meant we were eating hot dogs while waiting in long lines. Now he lets me plan things. :) You can still go with the flow very much while also planning ahead! He also likes to "relax" at the hotel, so having a nice hotel to take a break at is important on our trips. I like to "relax" by being a Disney Warrior and spending 17 hours in the parks. ;P

Just returned from an all-adult trip to WDW: myself, DW, adult DD and her BFF. Didn't see much of the younger adults who were off doing their own thing. DW doesn't really care for the parks and only visits every 5 years or so. Her last visit was 8 years ago and she only spent a few hours at MK on two separate days. She finds Epcot and AK boring, and was greatly disappointed with DHS (a neck injury keeps her from riding any coaster or bumpy or jerky ride; even the slight drops on PoC were a bit painful for her). Consequently, I spent the day at the various parks and DW joined me when I was at MK. She enjoyed the resort pool one day (I get bored after an hour), and she enjoyed DS. She has a conference in Orlando next year and I expect I'll be back at the parks while she networks, and we'll probably spend a couple days resting at our DVC home resort after her conference ends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!