Tell me about your adult-only, couples trip? Did you go to the parks?

We are planning a 4-day weekend anniversary trip, just my DH and I, and would like to hear about your trips with just adults. Did you go to the parks or just spent the time doing other things? Did you book FP in advance, or did more flying by the seats of your pants? How was the flow of your day? Did you book a nice dinner every evening? Or planned to use that time to visit the parks and just lounge during the day?
Just catching up but wanted to add that most of our trips are adult trips now. We generally follow a pre-determined schedule but one we easily and quickly change on the fly depending on what hits us. We generally try to hit EMH parks in the morning, get all the rides in we want to/can do within the first two hours, then escape back to the room or Disney Springs until mid-afternoon. We then use our FPs to avoid long lines. So, we've planned enough to know which park we'll be at on any given day, and a general outline of a plan for rides and FPs. Likewise, we plan our meals, at least the ones we're sure to visit such as AP (it and the Lodge hold a great deal of emotional weight for us) or Sanaa (the bread service is killer). However, we often change things as we feel the "flow" of the day. If we're hotter and more bedraggled one day, we wind up sitting by the pool all afternoon. Sometimes, we'll change dining plans, at least those not involving ADRs (or if we do, we make sure to canx so that we don't get charged). Most evenings, we plan a nice sit down dinner, though not necessarily at a Signature. Here's a hypothetical example of a typical trip for us:
Day 1 - arrive; hit park; go back to room to freshen up; go out to dinner
Day 2 - EMH at MK for a couple of hours; shop on the way out; lunch at Sanaa; FPs at Epcot; dinner at Il Mulino
Day 3 - EMH at DHS for an hour; Starbucks; catch some street performers; lunch at Disney Springs; FPs at AK and dinner at Tiffin's
Day 4 - Sleep in; Starbucks; hit whatever park strikes our fancy; spend afternoon at our resort's pool; character dinner
Day 5 - Brunch at CG; use FPs at selected park; back to room for relaxation; dinner at AP

In short, we do some planning and do some spontaneous things, as well. We tend to enjoy our resort more now than we did in years past--the parks have gotten more crowded thus less fun. Enjoy!

I love going with just my DH and I. I’ve done the parks with my family, no kids we are all older. But my favorite is with just him. We can do so much more when it’s just the two of us. We will be going down with my brother and sister in law at the end the April. We haven’t done just a couples trip but we mainly are doing our own things with just a few things together. We love the sites and sounds of each park and enjoy ourselves. Let’s us get away of the stress of everyday life.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter