Tell me about your car! Thinking of going from a lease to owning, and from SUV to small car.

We put 17,000 miles a year on our small car. I probably would not own it if I drove as little as you and had to deal with Buffalo Winters.

I decided to go for it and put down the deposit on my Tesla Model 3. I'm excited about it, but literally started crying after I hit the order button. I am going to miss my convertible so much...

OP...have you considered buying a “new” used car that is like a year or two old? We recently bought a Kia Sedona minivan this way and saved a couple thousand dollars on it. It also still had the original warranty on it.

We did the same thing two years ago when my daughter needed a car to commute to college. We bought a two year old Honda Civic with low miles that still had the warranty on it and saved thousands over a brand new one.

So far we have not had an ounce of trouble with either car.

OP...have you considered buying a “new” used car that is like a year or two old? We recently bought a Kia Sedona minivan this way and saved a couple thousand dollars on it. It also still had the original warranty on it.

We did the same thing two years ago when my daughter needed a car to commute to college. We bought a two year old Honda Civic with low miles that still had the warranty on it and saved thousands over a brand new one.

So far we have not had an ounce of trouble with either car.

Yes! Definitely considering that. Thanks for sharing your experience. A Honda Civic is one I’ve been looking at.

It's got seats and a steering wheel. Not sure what else I can say for it :upsidedow

In your situation, I'd look at something like a 2-3 year old Kia Soul, Hyundai Elantra, something like that. Hyundai/Kia depreciate quickly, but are actually really good cars. You'll get a lightly used one for a steal. Great mpg, good in snow, dead nuts reliable, solid A to B transportation.

I am OBSESSED with my Honda Civic Coupe. Love this car so much. I test drove a standard which I loved but the dealership pissed me off hardcore so I bought an automatic privately. I just drove it back and forth to visit my parents (~650 kms each way) on a little under a single tank of gas each way. Super nice to drive and lots of options available

(Fixed a typo - whoops multitasking fail)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!