Tell Me About your Christmas Eve & Christmas Day Dining Plans

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by CT Disney, Sep 1, 2018.

1. Mrs Doubtfire

Mrs Doubtfire DIS Veteran

WCC holiday meal is really good. We all enjoyed it :goodvibes

ali_in_al likes this.
  2. bellelab

bellelab Mouseketeer

Holiday first timers here, too!

Christmas Eve breakfast (CP package): Ale and Compass
    Christmas Eve dinner: Teppan Edo
    Christmas Day dinner: Boma

Probably will just snack around the World Showcase for lunch on Christmas Eve since we're eating two table service meals, and we'll pick a quick service lunch at Animal Kingdom on Christmas Day.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. TwinkleKS

TwinkleKS DIS Veteran

Christmas at Disney is our "thing"

Christmas Eve is always Epcot and the Candlelight Processional
    * Garden Grill w/ dining package
    * Spice Road Table afterwards

Christmas Day is always Mass at the Contemporary followed by Chef Mickeys and some sort of dinner show in the evening
    * Chef Mickeys
    * Mickey's Backyard BBQ
    We don't go to the parks on Christmas Day, we go swimming in the afternoon (or polar bear plunge if it happens to be cold out)

We mix up the Epcot restaurants every year and which dinner show we go to ... last year was Spirit of Aloha I think.

5. DaisyDuck001

DaisyDuck001 DIS Veteran

Since my first choice Artist Point may not be open this Christmas, I now plan on the holiday buffet dinner at The Wave.

wmoon likes this.
  6. wmoon

wmoon DIS Veteran

We arrive on Christmas Eve so it will be a quick service dinner from the Contempo Cafe.

Christmas Day we have Mama Melrose for lunch and the Wave booked for dinner.

DaisyDuck001 likes this.
  7. Disneylover99

Disneylover99 DIS Veteran

I just switched my Christmas Day lunch at LTT to WCC. I’m very excited!

ali_in_al likes this.
  8. disneymomjcs

disneymomjcs DIS Veteran

Christmas Eve - Whispering Canyon Cafe

Christmas Day - Liberty Tree Tavern Late Lunch all that I could get in the last few weeks!

9. mcbutler23

mcbutler23 Earning My Ears

Christmas Eve - dinner at BOG

We fly home on Christmas Day.

10. carriehpotter

carriehpotter Earning My Ears

[First post!]
    This is our second time at WDW for Christmas week (we went first in 2009, and though it didn't go...great...we have high hopes for this trip!!).

Christmas Eve:
    The Wave breakfast
    Afternoon Tea at the Garden View Tea Room
    Frozen Ever After Dessert Party

Christmas Day:
    Boathouse lunch

We originally planned to stay out of the parks both days (and still mostly will), but the only night we could do the FEA Dessert Party ended up being Christmas Eve!

NYCgrrl likes this.
  11. alltwelve

alltwelve Mouseketeer

Christmas Eve:
    Dinner at Boma

Christmas Day:
    Hoop Dee Doo (our 3rd Christmas Hoop in a row!)

12. bobdacat

bobdacat Earning My Ears

Christmas Eve - We always do the Candlelight Processional with Edward James Almos(LT Castillo). We do the package and this year having dinner at Trattoria Al Forno. We've done Japan and Le Cellier in the past.
    Christmas Day - Breakfast is in our room, AK in the morning then back to BLT for relaxation at pool and bar. Dinner we do in our room actually, Baked ham and such. Then to the Top of the World for drinks and fireworks.

13. tinkerhon

tinkerhon DIS Veteran

"Spice Road" CP on 12/24 and "Mama Melrose" lunch and JBJB dessert party on 12/25

14. Liiath

Liiath I've Got a Dream

Congrats! I absolutely love Christmas week at WDW - we'll be there again this year too! This is our second year doing Christmas at Disney, it's just so magical.

Christmas Eve: Teppan Edo lunch / My parents and siblings are doing Biergarten for dinner (my mom saw it last trip and specified she wanted to try it this year) while my boyfriend and I opted to eat around the World instead.
    Christmas Day: Boma breakfast (last time we did Whispering Canyon and it was great! But my boyfriend is craving some Jungle Juice and I want an excuse to pick up some Zebra Domes) / Kona Cafe dinner (my boyfriend and I's favorite restaurant!)

ali_in_al likes this.
  15. CourtneyKaro

CourtneyKaro Earning My Ears

Christmas Eve- Liberty Tree for Lunch and a late Dinner at Paddlefish

Christmas Day- La Cellier for Lunch and Coral Reef for dinner.

16. ShyMiss

ShyMiss Mouseketeer

Just saw this thread since it was bumped up. Where are you planning to get your gingerbread late night snack? Do they serve that at the GF cafe?

17. McKelly

McKelly DIS Veteran

They have gingerbread at the Giant Gingerbread House in the GF Lobby. I will pick some gingerbread up there and take it back to my hotel to eat. I probably won't have room for dessert right away after dinner!

18. LoriWV

LoriWV Earning My Ears

I love reading this thread and wonder how many DISers will be passing by each other at some of these meals. :) Sounds like a lovely time!

19. Ksquared

Ksquared Mouseketeer

Last year was the first time we were actually in Disney for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and we did dining very similar to yours.

Christmas Eve we also did the Candlelight Processional Dining Package for breakfast at Garden Grill (had first show for CP); After the show we ate dinner at Teppan Edo

Christmas Day: Brunch at Chef Mickey then dinner at Whispering Canyon.

I can tell you that we loved dinner at Whispering Canyon. Wilderness Lodge is decorated so beautifully and the alternate dinner menu for Christmas day was wonderful. I enjoyed it much better than the regular skillet meal they serve.

We were definitely disappointed with Chef Mickey. I thought the characters would be in Holiday outfits but they were not. And our waiter was kind of grumpy that morning, didn't greet us with a Merry Christmas or anything. The atmosphere was okay but other than people being a little more dressed, it seemed like any other day. I was looking to have that morning be more special.

20. Shsmith341

Shsmith341 Disney Obsessed

I'm so glad you wrote about Chef Mickey's. I booked it Christmas morning thinking they would be in Holiday attire. I'm going to see if I can switch for a different day since it really doesn't matter then. I'm looking forward to dinner at Whispering Canyon.

21. Janet McDonald

Janet McDonald DisneyMom

First time there on actual Christmas day and so excited! Yak and Yeti for lunch and California Grill for dinner that night! Will get to see the fireworks from there and there are no words for how excited we are for this!

NYCgrrl likes this.