Tell Me About your Christmas Eve & Christmas Day Dining Plans

CT Disney

DIS Veteran
I am so excited to be heading to Disney for Christmas week this year. It was sort of a last minute decision (by Disney standards)...we just booked two weeks ago. We've been to Disney between Christmas and New Year's before, but this is going to be the first time we're actually there for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day!

I was a little nervous about the availability of ADRs since we were a little late to the game. But, I'm happy to report that we have plans we are happy with. Christmas Eve dinner will be at Le Cellier. For Christmas lunch we have Liberty Tree Tavern and for Christmas dinner we will be at The Plaza.

So, tell me about your plans! Are you happy with your ADRs for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day? Could you get what you wanted? Where are you headed?

I love hearing about other people's plans and getting new ideas! :santa:

We have Crystal Palace breakfast and Liberty Tree dinner on Christmas Eve and 50s Primetime for Christmas Day lunch. Haven't selected dinner yet.

Christmas Eve:
PPO Breakfast at Garden Grill
Lunch at Coral Reef
Dinner at Hoop De Do Review

Christmas:
Breakfast at Chef Mickey's
Lunch at Beaches and Cream
Sleigh ride at Fort Wilderness to see the Christmas lights then dinner at Wilderness Lodge they have a special Christmas dinner at Whispering Canyon

Last edited:

How exciting for your family! I'm glad you were able to get the ADRs you wanted...I originally booked at 180 days but changed some of ours around recently (we're there 12/20-12/27) and was pleasantly surprised to find there were still good choices to be had too. :)

Here's what we currently have:

Christmas Eve
Chefs de France Candlelight Processional Package (dinner)
Frozen Ever After dessert party

Christmas Day
Via Napoli (lunch)
Akershus (early dinner)
Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM dessert party

I'm considering canceling the Akershus dinner because I'm not sure that we'll be hungry enough to really enjoy the dessert party if we've had a big dinner. And we're staying club level this trip, so that covers breakfast. :)

We aren’t going this year for Christmas, but every time we have gone we do the candlelight processional dinner package for Christmas Eve. Typically we would eat at Chefs de France, but would maybe do Italy or Mexico as well. For Christmas Day, we started like you going to liberty tree, but over the years it has gotten too crowded. We have started focusing on eating at resorts for dinner on Christmas. Last year we ate at Artist point.

Christmas Eve
Liberty Tree Tavern, early lunch
Cinderella’s Royal Table dinner

Christmas Day
Garden Grill, late breakfast
Hollywood Brown Derby, dinner

We are two families, with 5 girls and 9 of us total, so CRT on Christmas Eve will be magical for them! HBD is for me!

Christmas Eve: Holiday Food Booths for lunch, LeCellier for Dinner
Christmas Day: Wild Africa Trek snack/lunch, Grand Floridian Cafe for dinner with a stop for some gingerbread for a late night snack!

This will be our first time there during the holiday insanity lol. We just booked a little over a month ago and for Christmas Eve I got Coral Reef CP package, and then the Frozen Ever After Dessert Party. For Christmas Day we have my son's favorite-Le Cellier for a late lunch and then the Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam dessert party.

Christmas Eve: Trail's End breakfast. Planning on dinner at a quick service or bar.
Christmas Day: Cape May Cafe breakfast. Wanted to have dinner at Artist Point, but they currently aren't taking reservations beyond November 10. Second choice is House of Blues, but they aren't taking reservations that far out, either.

Christmas Eve:
Lunch- Biergarten (15-22 people)
Bedtime snack- Beaches & Cream (kitchen sink)

Christmas Day:
Brunch- 1900 PF (15-22 people again)

We are so excited to get the free dining promo, finally able to enjoy food on property! Staying from Dec21-Jan4.

We’re first timers for Christmas too!

Christmas Eve: Tutto Italia dinner (Candlelight Processional package)
Christmas Day: The Plaza lunch & Tusker House dinner

So excited!!

IF we go...I've booked the room, made some ADRs but only one of two adults wants to be there so we might just cancel, December 24th's dinner will be Flying Fish again. Worked well for us last year as we always eat a gifts from the sea meal on the Eve.
Still haven't decided for the Day but am waitlisted for V+A and have TP searchs for CG as well. We are doing the Candlelight Processional in November so prolly won't repeat in December.

Last edited:
We haven't been over Christmas since 2012 but that trip we had the Candlelight processional package with dinner at Le Cellier. Christmas morning we had room service and Christmas dinner was at Artist Point

Christmas Eve - The Wave dinner
Christmas Day - Garden Grill Breakfast with CP viewing
Christmas Day - Biergarten dinner

Congrats! There is nothing like Disney during Christmas week. Yeah, it's insanely crowded, but if you plan correctly, then it'll be the most memorable trip!

12/24:
We usually arrive early on 12/24. Unfortunately Southwest doesn't have its normal 7am flight, so we're flying out of NY at 9:30am-ish. It's okay, though, as we usually arrive and are exhausted, so now we'll get to sleep a few hours longer. Once we arrive, we'll probably grab a light lunch. We stay at Beach Club, so we'll either go to Boardwalk Bakery or head to the new Ale and Compass Marketplace.

For dinner we have an ADR at Maria and Enzo's. We usually try and do Italian or some sort of fish on Christmas Eve, so we decided to try something new. Hopefully we didn't make a mistake.

12/25:
We usually wake up early and head to MK for Rope Drop. This year we'll probably grab waffles from Sleepy Hollow between going on rides. We usually finish up around 1 or 2pm and then head back to the resort to relax. At night we'll head back toward MK and do Narcoossee's for dinner. We tried for Cali Grill, but there was no availability. Narcoossee's has been our go-to, so we'll dine there right around HEA (like 8ish).

First time ever during Christmas season...cant wait.

Christmas Eve: Ragland Road dinner

Christmas Day: Crystal Palace breakfast, Kona Cafe Dinner

Christmas Eve we are at The Plaza MK
Christmas Day we wanted Cali Grill but currently are booked for Shula's

We’re first timers for the holidays, too!

Christmas Eve - Candlelight Processional Dining Package - breakfast at Garden Grill; early dinner at Via Napoli

Christmas - the ‘Christmas Day Dinner’ at Whispering Canyon, partly so we can see WL all decorated!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!