Tell Me About your Christmas Eve & Christmas Day Dining Plans

We’re first timers for the holidays, too!

Christmas Eve - Candlelight Processional Dining Package - breakfast at Garden Grill; early dinner at Via Napoli

Christmas - the ‘Christmas Day Dinner’ at Whispering Canyon, partly so we can see WL all decorated!

WCC holiday meal is really good. We all enjoyed it :goodvibes

Holiday first timers here, too!

Christmas Eve breakfast (CP package): Ale and Compass
Christmas Eve dinner: Teppan Edo
Christmas Day dinner: Boma

Probably will just snack around the World Showcase for lunch on Christmas Eve since we're eating two table service meals, and we'll pick a quick service lunch at Animal Kingdom on Christmas Day.

Christmas at Disney is our "thing"

Christmas Eve is always Epcot and the Candlelight Processional
* Garden Grill w/ dining package
* Spice Road Table afterwards

Christmas Day is always Mass at the Contemporary followed by Chef Mickeys and some sort of dinner show in the evening
* Chef Mickeys
* Mickey's Backyard BBQ
We don't go to the parks on Christmas Day, we go swimming in the afternoon (or polar bear plunge if it happens to be cold out)

We mix up the Epcot restaurants every year and which dinner show we go to ... last year was Spirit of Aloha I think.

Since my first choice Artist Point may not be open this Christmas, I now plan on the holiday buffet dinner at The Wave.

We arrive on Christmas Eve so it will be a quick service dinner from the Contempo Cafe.

Christmas Day we have Mama Melrose for lunch and the Wave booked for dinner.

Christmas Eve - Candlelight Processional Dining Package - breakfast at Garden Grill; early dinner at Via Napoli

Christmas - the ‘Christmas Day Dinner’ at Whispering Canyon, partly so we can see WL all decorated!

I just switched my Christmas Day lunch at LTT to WCC. I’m very excited!

Christmas Eve - Whispering Canyon Cafe

Christmas Day - Liberty Tree Tavern Late Lunch all that I could get in the last few weeks!

[First post!]
This is our second time at WDW for Christmas week (we went first in 2009, and though it didn't go...great...we have high hopes for this trip!!).

Christmas Eve:
The Wave breakfast
Afternoon Tea at the Garden View Tea Room
Frozen Ever After Dessert Party

Christmas Day:
Boathouse lunch

We originally planned to stay out of the parks both days (and still mostly will), but the only night we could do the FEA Dessert Party ended up being Christmas Eve!

Christmas Eve:
Dinner at Boma

Christmas Day:
Hoop Dee Doo (our 3rd Christmas Hoop in a row!)

Christmas Eve - We always do the Candlelight Processional with Edward James Almos(LT Castillo). We do the package and this year having dinner at Trattoria Al Forno. We've done Japan and Le Cellier in the past.
Christmas Day - Breakfast is in our room, AK in the morning then back to BLT for relaxation at pool and bar. Dinner we do in our room actually, Baked ham and such. Then to the Top of the World for drinks and fireworks.

Congrats! I absolutely love Christmas week at WDW - we'll be there again this year too! This is our second year doing Christmas at Disney, it's just so magical.

Christmas Eve: Teppan Edo lunch / My parents and siblings are doing Biergarten for dinner (my mom saw it last trip and specified she wanted to try it this year) while my boyfriend and I opted to eat around the World instead.
Christmas Day: Boma breakfast (last time we did Whispering Canyon and it was great! But my boyfriend is craving some Jungle Juice and I want an excuse to pick up some Zebra Domes) / Kona Cafe dinner (my boyfriend and I's favorite restaurant!)

Christmas Eve- Liberty Tree for Lunch and a late Dinner at Paddlefish

Christmas Day- La Cellier for Lunch and Coral Reef for dinner.

Christmas Eve: Holiday Food Booths for lunch, LeCellier for Dinner
Christmas Day: Wild Africa Trek snack/lunch, Grand Floridian Cafe for dinner with a stop for some gingerbread for a late night snack!
Just saw this thread since it was bumped up. Where are you planning to get your gingerbread late night snack? Do they serve that at the GF cafe?

Just saw this thread since it was bumped up. Where are you planning to get your gingerbread late night snack? Do they serve that at the GF cafe?
They have gingerbread at the Giant Gingerbread House in the GF Lobby. I will pick some gingerbread up there and take it back to my hotel to eat. I probably won't have room for dessert right away after dinner!

I love reading this thread and wonder how many DISers will be passing by each other at some of these meals. :) Sounds like a lovely time!

Last year was the first time we were actually in Disney for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and we did dining very similar to yours.

Christmas Eve we also did the Candlelight Processional Dining Package for breakfast at Garden Grill (had first show for CP); After the show we ate dinner at Teppan Edo

Christmas Day: Brunch at Chef Mickey then dinner at Whispering Canyon.

I can tell you that we loved dinner at Whispering Canyon. Wilderness Lodge is decorated so beautifully and the alternate dinner menu for Christmas day was wonderful. I enjoyed it much better than the regular skillet meal they serve.

We were definitely disappointed with Chef Mickey. I thought the characters would be in Holiday outfits but they were not. And our waiter was kind of grumpy that morning, didn't greet us with a Merry Christmas or anything. The atmosphere was okay but other than people being a little more dressed, it seemed like any other day. I was looking to have that morning be more special.

I'm so glad you wrote about Chef Mickey's. I booked it Christmas morning thinking they would be in Holiday attire. I'm going to see if I can switch for a different day since it really doesn't matter then. I'm looking forward to dinner at Whispering Canyon.

Last year was the first time we were actually in Disney for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and we did dining very similar to yours.

Christmas Eve we also did the Candlelight Processional Dining Package for breakfast at Garden Grill (had first show for CP); After the show we ate dinner at Teppan Edo

Christmas Day: Brunch at Chef Mickey then dinner at Whispering Canyon.

I can tell you that we loved dinner at Whispering Canyon. Wilderness Lodge is decorated so beautifully and the alternate dinner menu for Christmas day was wonderful. I enjoyed it much better than the regular skillet meal they serve.

We were definitely disappointed with Chef Mickey. I thought the characters would be in Holiday outfits but they were not. And our waiter was kind of grumpy that morning, didn't greet us with a Merry Christmas or anything. The atmosphere was okay but other than people being a little more dressed, it seemed like any other day. I was looking to have that morning be more special.

First time there on actual Christmas day and so excited! Yak and Yeti for lunch and California Grill for dinner that night! Will get to see the fireworks from there and there are no words for how excited we are for this!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!