Tell me about your refrigerator

Samsung. French door style. About 5 years old. Like the space in the top. Freezer has good drawer space although things tend to get lost at the bottom. I find myself rearranging it every so often to move the bottom stuff up so it gets used.

Icemaker hasn’t worked right from the beginning Freezes up every 2 weeks or so, so DH has to unfreeze it with a steamer thing. . Contacted PC Richards where we bought it. They said to contact Samsung because it was a known defect in that model. Contacted Samsung. They said “yeah we know it’s a known factory defect but we’re not going to fix it for anybody”.

So I will never buy anything from Samsung again.

Icemaker hasn’t worked right from the beginning Freezes up every 2 weeks or so, so DH has to unfreeze it with a steamer thing. . Contacted PC Richards where we bought it. They said to contact Samsung because it was a known defect in that model. Contacted Samsung. They said “yeah we know it’s a known factory defect but we’re not going to fix it for anybody”.

You can force defrost mode by pushing combination of buttons... look up how to for your model.

The icemaker freeze over is another common problem that is related to allowing water to drain. Again, can google your model # "ice maker freeze over"... will probably show how you can modify the ice maker drainage to help prevent it..think there is also a tip for adding insulation to a certain area to prevent the freeze over.

But yeah, avoid Samsung fridges.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter