Tell me again why I need an extension cord?

lpursell

Mouseketeer
I think there was a suggestion on this board that we bring an extension cord. I think I remember that it was for the hair dryer, but I'm not sure. Is there a problem with plugging in the hair dryer in the bathroom? Our trip is getting close and I'm trying to make sense of all my notes! Thanks, Linda

You can't plug your hairdryer in the bathroom outlet, but you'll have no problem using it at your desk without needing an extension cord. The only reason you'd need an extension cord is if you need to plug in something that needs to sit on your nightstand. There are no outlets by the bed, so you'd need an extension cord long enough to reach across the room (10 feet or so).

There were no outlets in the bathroom....just a little thing for plugging in an electric razor. There are 2 plags on the wall of the desk/vanity area that I used to plug in dryer and curling iron. There is a dryer in the bathroom, but it is kind of wimpy....and I don't have long or thick hair! I read the tip about the extension cord and after going, I couldn't imagine why I would have needed one.

i had read the suggestion and the suggestion against taking an extension cord before our 7 day. I didn't take one and wished i would have.

My blow dryer has a big plug on the end, the one with the GCI thing. The plug at the desk is very close to the desk and my blow dryer wouldn't plug in. I had to use the one in the bathroom. It dryed ok... but i blow dry my hair upsidedown and it was awfull tight in there...ended up standing in the little area ouside the bathroom to do it... I'd take an extension cord next time... :)

Just my 2 cents worth

We took one and used it for a battery recharger and a wave machine that we sleep with. The available plugs just aren't that conveniently located.

MY hairdryer has a plug like JODIELYN. I wouldn't have been able to plug it in at all without an extension cord. I use my dryer to straighten my hair and the one in the bathroom would not work well for that (ladies you know what I am talking about) it is not very powerful.

My sound machine can use batteries so I made sure I put new ones in before we left home :) .

An extension cord does not take up that much room so if you end up not needing it then it's not a big deal.

There is also a plug behind the TV right by the desk and when you pull that out it is very easy to plug in a blow dryer cord -- that's what I just did on our 12/7 cruise. I have never brought an extension cord. :)

Thanks everyone! I think I'll bring an extension cord from home and make sure my hair dryer can be plugged into it, just in case. Linda

I brought a 8ft. extension cord with a 3 plug head on every cruise. I plug a clock and a CPCP unit into it, I use the plug that is behind the TV so the outlet at the desk can be used for other things. I run the cord along the back of the desk top and over to the nightstand. We have had the inside staterooms in the past so we don't have the sun to tell us what time it is, the alarm clock is a necessary evil.

I brought an extension cord so that I could plug my laptop in and sit on the couch or the bed to download all of my pictures (which, BTW, I'm still uploading).

Beth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter