Tell me all about Coronado Springs please!

tannerandcatesmom

Mouseketeer
Hi all! I just booked our next visit to the world for our son’s high school graduation! Staying at CS! Tell me the good, the bad, the ugly! New resort for us, so I need details! Thanks!

One of my favorite resorts! It has a more upscale, adult feel than the other moderates. The themed swimming pool is large, and has a good sized hot tub. I usually stay in the Casitas section, but my last trip was in Ranchos, and I loved that area too.

I've stayed at all the moderates and CS is my favorite. I also feel it's the best "value for the money" in all of Disney.

I've never had an issue with bus service there, and if you really need to get somewhere even faster, Uber to most locations is fairly cheap.
With the recent additions there are so many dining options too.

We stayed for the first time last December for one night before checking into AKL. We are big fans of POR and were pleasantly surprised at how much we liked CS. The next time we stay at a moderate for a longer duration we will stay here.

Although more of a desert landscape, it’s very pretty and all the rooms are newly refurbished. You can book to stay as close to the main buildings or as far away from the action as you choose.

With the new tower, room category choices, and dining options, this resort seems almost like a “deluxe light” version of Disney hotels.

Thank you all so much! We are POFQ fans, but wanted to branch out! I am such a creature of habit it made me nervous, but, you guys have eased my mind! So excited to be going back! Now the serious planning begins! ❤️❤️

CS is our fave moderate. To us, it has more of a deluxe feel. We’ve been pleased with bus service and food options. Hope you enjoy as much as we do!

Agree with disneydreamer78, Love the Tower and loved the entire resort. Three Bridges had some really good food and the setting is fabulous.
The only knock: The bus system leaves something to be desired, but we prefer to Uber just about everywhere so it really doesn't move the needle for us all that much much.

LOVE the tower. Favorite hotel on property that I've stayed at (includes Boardwalk, Beach Club and Wilderness). The bang for the buck is huge, especially if you throw in the option for Club Level at a moderate.

Like Scubadaddy32 said, the buses are extremely hit or miss but Uber/Lyft to most places is cheap enough if you are having one of those days with bad "bus luck".

We liked it a lot better than POR but mostly due to the recent remodel, which I believe POR is currently in the midst of getting (new TVs, beds, flooring, and so on). Definitely the quietest resort we have ever stayed at with the fewest children.

The resort was “sold out” as far as I know since no rooms were available online, but we hardly saw anyone when walking around the resort compared to other stays. We never had to wait for a second bus although we do not rope drop and usually only stay until around 9-10pm.

I think the location is fantastic since it is pretty centrally located. It’s a lot closer to MK than most of the non-MK resorts (I timed the bus at around 12-13 minutes) and we could Uber pretty much anywhere on property for about $10. The tower is a lot more expensive but very beautiful. We did not use the pool but it looked very nice and with less kids around it’s probably not as hectic as other pools on property.

The QS food is pretty meh but we liked that Cafe Rix is open late for treats after park close. Not as picky eater friendly as POR was but we really only eat breakfast at our resort so no issues.

Overall I will definitely stay again. The resort doesn’t feel that “Disney” but we honestly just want a comfortable room and the buses and FP window so that isn’t a big deal to us. You can take leisurely walks around the resort and it’s very peaceful so I think it would be a great resort for a family without small children. The TVs have chrome cast too which is great.

Just came back from our first stay at CSR. Stayed in Casita 3. Was more expensive than I expected but it was a really nice resort. Pool area was great. Grounds are beautiful. It is a lot of walking. Our bus experience to the parks was not good. Out at 630 am and got to 715 am with no MK bus, so we grabbed a Lyft after the 5th AK bus, whose driver confirmed that an MK bus was at least 20 mins out. Buses back were much better.

Would stay again if price was right, but it really is a beautiful place and at the high end of the moderates.

Thanks all! Buses are my main concern since we are POFQ & Pop fans, which only have the one stop. Really excited to try a new resort and you all have added to it! I appreciate all your input!

If you get the chance try Three Bridges. It's a wonderful addition to the resort.
I was there last night, Thursday, February 20, and was knocked out by the location, design, staff, food, drink, everything. If you want on-the-water ambiance this place has The Boat House beat by a mile. Granted, the temperature was about 75, a perfect night, so that helped. Steve, my bartender, suggested the sangria flight; four different sangrias aligned on a clever iron holder. I ordered the crispy chicken biscuit sliders, which were very good. Get yourself over to Coronado Springs for a really nice dining and drinking and water-watching experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!