• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tell me everything about BCV(waitlist came through)

mommyceratops

<font color=red>Covets Clown School<br><font color
I am so excited my waitlist came through and we are staying at BCV in Dec! (thanks to whoever cancelled?)

I never thought we would get in there, so tell me everything I need to know!

Thanks!:cool1:

definitely go visit the marketplace in BC (was the gift shop)

bring your swim suites - even if the outside temperature is a little cool - SALB is worth it!!!!

be sure to eat at Cape May Cafe (love breakfast) and Beaches & Cream. both are consider table service on DDP.

do the garden tour.

In December you'll want to see the Christmas decorations in the lobbies of the Beach Club (in the past, a giant gingerbread carousel), the Yacht Club (a miniature snow village and railroad) and the Boardwalk.

...but we are also staying at BCV this October. First time staying in YC/ BC/BCV area! So I'm interested in what people have to say too! :goodvibes We already have ADR's for Yachtsman Steakhouse and dinner at Cape May Cafe!! :thumbsup2 I was also thinking about renting one of those Sea Racer boats at the YC. Is this something that I have to make reservations for ahead of time or can you usually just walk up and get one?

I was also thinking about renting one of those Sea Racer boats at the YC. Is this something that I have to make reservations for ahead of time or can you usually just walk up and get one?

you can walk over and rent one.

that say I would go rent one at the Polyn or WL. with the Polyn you get seven seas lagoon, with WL you get Bay Lake. both are bigger so you have more room to play.

In December you'll want to see the Christmas decorations in the lobbies of the Beach Club (in the past, a giant gingerbread carousel), the Yacht Club (a miniature snow village and railroad) and the Boardwalk.

Oh I am so excited about that I LOVE Christmas decorations!

Here's my review from last month. We love the whole Crescent Lake area I don't think you'll be disapointed.

We ate at both Beaches and Cream and the Cape May breakfast and really enjoyed them both.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1465824

Thanks! Where is a good location? Can you see fireworks if you are up higher? I feel so "naked" about staying here....I have been brushing up on SSR and OKW thinking we would never get into BCV I am just thrilled.

You can walk to Epcot and MGM? What about other things in walking distance?

You know a Disser has to know everything! LOL!

Thanks!

Kim

dsneygirl stole my suggestion. :thumbsup2 Be sure to eat a lunch at Beaches and Cream. Great cheeseburgers and wonderful ice cream. Be careful if you order the Kitchen Sink! Yikes!

dsneygirl stole my suggestion. :thumbsup2 Be sure to eat a lunch at Beaches and Cream. Great cheeseburgers and wonderful ice cream. Be careful if you order the Kitchen Sink! Yikes!

:laughing: Kitchen Sink? Hmmmm sounds like something DH will be trying! :lmao: :lmao:

Thanks! Where is a good location? Can you see fireworks if you are up higher? I feel so "naked" about staying here....I have been brushing up on SSR and OKW thinking we would never get into BCV I am just thrilled.

You can walk to Epcot and MGM? What about other things in walking distance?

You know a Disser has to know everything! LOL!

Thanks!

Kim

you can definitely walk to Epcot and Studio (disney) - I would walk to Epcot, but take the boat to Studios.

BW area for night time play is walking distance.

some locations you can see the top of fireworks.

other locations you can see MK fireworks.....

some locations no fireworks.

here is some more information on it
http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-bcv/

you can also walk over to mingolf across the street from the Dolphin.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/recreation/minigolf.htm

the walk to Epcot - take the short cut - you want to walk under the bridge not over - unless you enjoy walking up hills.

What type of room were you waitlisted for, and for what dates?

I'm still waiting on my waitlist..... :sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter