Tell me the "weather" where you live.

High today of 53, with a low of 28. Tomorrow high 29 with low of 2. All snow is melted in lower elevations and been dealing with the mud for past 2 days. Had wind gust up to 65mph Tuesday night.

Last night 1/23 was the start of our winter storm, 1/4 inch of ice and about 1 inch of snow. Roads where ice and slush going into work this morning, about 21 miles. Actual work 120 miles south was cancelled, company didn't want to put any large trucks on the road. Not much of a winter storm but still fun to drive in. :car:

82 and sunny with nice breeze. Saw daffodils poking out of the ground when walking 5yo DS home from school today. We live in Central TX but it's still pretty hot for January. It'll be back to "normal" (highs in the lower 60s) by tomorrow.

It'll be back to "normal" (highs in the lower 60s) by tomorrow.
Highs in the lower 60s? Wow.... My Wife would love that.... Quite different here in NEPA. Much like Snowmedic, we woke up yesterday with a slushy mess. about a half inch of slush with a light layer of snow on top. Main roads were cleared by the work time, but the side streets were another story. Most schools in the area cancelled, but not ours. We only had a 2 hour delay to my DD12's dismay. Really though, the whole area could have been well served by only a 2 hour delay.

Woke up to 23 degrees and about 7 inches of snow. This is what winter in NEPA is supposed to be like. Too bad people still don't know how to deal with it.

Woke up to 23 degrees and about 7 inches of snow. This is what winter in NEPA is supposed to be like. Too bad people still don't know how to deal with it.

Not missing that today. We were warm down here around Harrisburg when it started so it was as rain last night. It did change to snow, but only about 2 maybe 3 inches at most. But it is only 25 here and windy. Much different then the 58 degrees at this time yesterday.

We got 2 inches this morning in NW VT. 43 degrees yesterday and today was 15 for high. About the same for tomorrow. Had the choice of going 2 hrs. down south today or tomorrow, I choose to go tomorrow, they got hit pretty good from what I was told.

Here in So Cal it's 75 right now. Tomorrow will be cooler at 66 with a chance of rain overnight and again on Saturday. High 60's is about normal for winter so today is a bit warm.

Wellllll we're here in Fl and it's a lovely 78 now, and we couldn't be happier! But back home is Eastern Or it's been one ice storm and snow fall after another. I'm sad for my family and friends but my HOWDY I see why people snow bird!!

How about I show you the weather where we live.

Feb. snow 3500 copy.jpg

There is a 3500 under there.

Feb. snow copy.jpg

Taken on the hood of the 3500. That is from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. and it is still snowing. Have ran the snowblower twice already. NW. VT.

Snowmedic, your pictures gave me chills. I would never leave my house! Here in Central Fl, perfect weather, highs in the low to mid 80s.

Well the 5 inches of snow from last week has all melted, but starting last night we have had WIND. Power was out, off and on during the entire night. It has warmed up to 35, but with 20 plus mph winds, windchill is wicked. :cold:
Snowmedic, that white stuff looks nice, but really you can keep it. Back in the day when I had snowmobiles, would have been happy to see it, now not so much.

Well If it's going to be "Cold" and "Snow" I wish it would do it. I really hate these winters for a few days of freezing and a few days of warming. My driveway (which is "Up Hill") is not paved and is a MUDDY mess full of ruts. Ugh. At least if the ground freezes, then I don't have to worry as much about the ruts (and mud) until the spring. Then it's relatively brief and dries out and not so much an issue.

This year is time to lay some concrete. I think I am going to need about 15 yards of it. Wonder how much that is going to cost me?

This year is time to lay some concrete. I think I am going to need about 15 yards of it. Wonder how much that is going to cost me?

Depends on how much of the work you can do on your own, grading and setting forms, even the concrete you can if you had a couple guys to help, and watch a lot of youtube videos on how not to pour concrete. I know here in Vt. 15 yds. would cost around 1875 plus tax. I do commercial concrete work for a living, don't have much to do on the residential side until winter time.

Depends on how much of the work you can do on your own, grading and setting forms, even the concrete you can if you had a couple guys to help, and watch a lot of youtube videos on how not to pour concrete. I know here in Vt. 15 yds. would cost around 1875 plus tax. I do commercial concrete work for a living, don't have much to do on the residential side until winter time.
Hmmm... Want to come down to NEPA? :laughing:

I can struggle through the grading work. I can even do the form work. when it comes to the "Pouring" though, I think I need some help "Floating". Growing up, my father poured our driveway by hand. By that I mean we dug it out, framed it out, Mixed the concrete (he did have a fairly large mixer though), poured it and floated it. We of course helped. Our help was mostly things like digging dirt, unloading sand/gravel/portland cement from the back of the truck and overall grunt work. Then again, I guess concrete work overall is a bit of a grunt job.

Just one of those things that I need to address at my house. I Have to pour an area that's at least 1 cubic yard as it in rough shape and is causing problems with water in the basement. The rest would be Nice to have done to help further mitigate (and control the flow of) water as it rains/melts and comes down a hill behind/alongside the house.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!