Tell me the "weather" where you live.

This morning it is still -28; without the wind chill. Knowing it will be 35 on Sunday gets us excited. Thankful we have not lost power like just north of us.

This morning it is still -28; without the wind chill. Knowing it will be 35 on Sunday gets us excited. Thankful we have not lost power like just north of us.

Okay, that's just...surface of Pluto there.

If I take your current temp, and remove that negative sign in front of it I have my current temp here.

You have to appreciate the TV weather people and their efforts to prop up the station ratings.

All week we have been hearing about the "once in a life time" cold we are having today. First, the real cold is only lasting 1 day. Tomorrow is going to be in the 20s and 60s by Sunday.

Second, I'm not sure who's life time they are referring to. It must be a pet fish or maybe a moth. Here is a graphic they just showed on the news for the coldest days in the last 22 years (life time of one of my cats possibly).

Notice the circled 3rd line. Same low temp as today, -6, and it was...

wait for it...

1 year ago!

20190130_182010-1008x567.jpg

Just like here where they interview a guy who's about 30 years old and he says "it's the coldest I've seen in my lifetime"

Just had to let the dog out....oh boy is she not pleased about that. We are down to 3 currently, headed to -2 overnight, so not too bad. I have seen colder, growing up in Northwestern Ohio and Northern Indiana.

So today makes the 4th day in a row for no school. Too cold. Add last weeks snow, and they have only had 2 1/2 days of classroom education in two weeks. Our daughter in law is thinking about NyQuil popsicles!!!! Takes the edge off. Here is my morning shoot. It has gown down two degrees since I took this picture. Our baby calves have been moved to a heated location, and we are thankful for all of our employees who keep Schilling Farms going in this crazy vortex.

upload_2019-1-31_5-5-1.jpeg

A balmy 18 degrees in Tn (for you Northerners). So we didn't get any snow Monday night like predicted. But, we get to work yesterday at 7am and it starts snowing, not predicted. We got close to an inch. They sent all the kids back home from the schools. By 9am it was over and all gone. LOL

You have to appreciate the TV weather people and their efforts to prop up the station ratings.

All week we have been hearing about the "once in a life time" cold we are having today. First, the real cold is only lasting 1 day. Tomorrow is going to be in the 20s and 60s by Sunday.

Second, I'm not sure who's life time they are referring to. It must be a pet fish or maybe a moth. Here is a graphic they just showed on the news for the coldest days in the last 22 years (life time of one of my cats possibly).

Notice the circled 3rd line. Same low temp as today, -6, and it was...

wait for it...

1 year ago!

View attachment 379330

:rotfl2::laughing::lmao:

Back to normal here in MS. A steamy 25 for a low, but today close to 60 for high and I don't think they are giving us for less than 40 at night for the next week. Heatwave!

so now we are having loud earthquakes from the fast freezing ground, the one we had this morning sounded like a LARGE mirror fell of the wall, a loud crash and the whole house shook, worried about breaking gas/water lines to the house

A frost quake, or cryoseism, occurs when the water underground freezes and expands causing the soil and rock to crack

So today makes the 4th day in a row for no school. Too cold. Add last weeks snow, and they have only had 2 1/2 days of classroom education in two weeks. Our daughter in law is thinking about NyQuil popsicles!!!! Takes the edge off. Here is my morning shoot. It has gown down two degrees since I took this picture. Our baby calves have been moved to a heated location, and we are thankful for all of our employees who keep Schilling Farms going in this crazy vortex.

View attachment 379385

Bless you and your crew in this weather.

so now we are having loud earthquakes from the fast freezing ground, the one we had this morning sounded like a LARGE mirror fell of the wall, a loud crash and the whole house shook, worried about breaking gas/water lines to the house

A frost quake, or cryoseism, occurs when the water underground freezes and expands causing the soil and rock to crack
Wow, that is something.

We made it. This morning is 41 degrees warmer than yesterday low at -40. Like a heat wave. Yesterday early am, I finally had to do the boiling water thrown in the air. Amazing. But decided not to throw wet clothes in the air! And to think Sunday’s high could be close to 40. That is 80 degrees higher than yesterday. We are getting there. Blessings come in strange ways. Now, to defrost the dairy farm!!

Well the snow on the ground is dwindling, the sun is out, and we are predicted to hit 50 degrees today. This week is supposed to be moderate, 40's to 50's possible. Back down around freezing for next weekend. It is Feb, so the cold is expected, just glad we are over that brutal cold stuff.

As I headed out of SE Wisconsin Wednesday morning (driving to SE Michigan), my car hit -22. Wind chills were in the -50 range. As I headed back home on Saturday my car hit 48! That's a 70 degree shift in real temps in just over 72 hours, and almost 100 degrees in the 'real feel' of the temps. I've never experienced anything like it. All the way home I was watching state police running out onto the highways to remove large chunks of pavement that had come off the interstate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!