Tell me the "weather" where you live.

Barb,

Our local news was mentioning the snow "N. IL" was going to get. One more reason to move south. :-)

BTW Barb. I'll be back up your way in August. I'm sending a couple of my staff to the conference, but I'm going to go and just pay my own way. Because hotels are ridiculous during the conference, I'm bringing the camper up and staying at Blue Mound SP. I hope it's a nice cg.

j

Barb,

Our local news was mentioning the snow "N. IL" was going to get. One more reason to move south. :-)

BTW Barb. I'll be back up your way in August. I'm sending a couple of my staff to the conference, but I'm going to go and just pay my own way. Because hotels are ridiculous during the conference, I'm bringing the camper up and staying at Blue Mound SP. I hope it's a nice cg.

j
Blue mounds is a Beautiful State Park, but not sure for big rigs. Very very heavily wooded. We will take a drive up that way and check it out. Our many trips to Madison have us driving past lots. We have decided Wisconsin State Parks do not like bigger rv’s And the overhang getting around is hard on air conditioners, I will let you know.

Thanks Barb.

Hopefully the snow goes away fast. Cool day here. 40s this morning and it might make it to 60. Better than you are getting, though.

I reserved site 52, if you drive by. It said it was long enough. "RV up to 50ft". Any other suggestions close to Verona? Blue Mounds was the closest I could find.

j

Barb,

j

your local news was correct, N. IL, we got 6" of the crap yesterday. Had to turn the furnace on in the Pearl

Had to turn the furnace on in the Pearl
I was wondering if you re-winterized after your Fort trip. We went out a few weeks ago and chanced it. Long term forecast was for it to stay above freezing, then we had one night last week that it dipped just below freezing. Frost on the cars, but the trailer did OK.

j

Thanks Barb.

Hopefully the snow goes away fast. Cool day here. 40s this morning and it might make it to 60. Better than you are getting, though.

I reserved site 52, if you drive by. It said it was long enough. "RV up to 50ft". Any other suggestions close to Verona? Blue Mounds was the closest I could find.

j
Jim, our snow melted on Sunday. Hard to guess, but I am thinking 6-8 inches. We had planned on camping and had unwinterized, and all is fine, I had looked for other parks, and found maybe one or two, but not sure. The overhang of trees is the issue. We are going to Madison on Thursday, so will take a peek at the roads, and entrance. I looked north of Mt Horeb, Sauk City, and eve New Glarus. I will check those out as well. Have a great week.

I feel lucky here, Saturday was mid 40's, that's temp and wind both, Sunday was a little better, wind only at 20 instead of 40 but mid 50's. Today warming up to lower 60's but then rain and cooling off again a little.

I was wondering if you re-winterized after your Fort trip. We went out a few weeks ago and chanced it. Long term forecast was for it to stay above freezing, then we had one night last week that it dipped just below freezing. Frost on the cars, but the trailer did OK.

j

I have a 100# propane "pig" at the house, easier than re-winterizing, plus we can get a couple extra fall camping trips in. We are going out the next 2 weeks, once the mosquitoes arrive, we stop going until fall, youngest DD has very bad reactions to bug bites, a caterpillar sent her to the emergency room once

Happy May Day Y’all! We are waiting for another storm to hit! I could live with snow instead of high winds,hail, maybe tornadoes & heavy rain. Temp right now is 83, very cloudy & lots of wind. In March we hardly had the March winds. April & looks like May will be very windy. Mother Nature needs to chill out & take a pill!

Very windy and wet for us, 5 days straight of wind and rain, feel bad for the farmers, they were just getting into the fields to plant and now they are all ponds

Oh, sweet Spring for a month now - flower gardens long planted - so sorry for y'all that live with long, hard, stretched out winters!! I can take the heat - love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!