Tell me this Galactic Starcruiser rumor is just that.

I seen this on the internet. I really hope its a goof and not for real. How this would suck for people paying $5-6K to have people over crowding the experience.
It's OBVIOUSLY fake. Why post something so obviously fake?

Yeah, see the entire ship for $149 that everyone else pays $5000 for. Yeah, right.

They need the one thing they won't consider. They need to convert it to original trilogy theming. Then they could use it as the ATM it was intended for all along.
They would have to convert Batuu as well. I wouldn't have a problem with them doing that, but that would mean replacing the animatronics and holograms on Rise, and I don't see them going through the expense to appease a small minority of disgruntled fans, especially when the Kylo Ren animatronic at the end was completely missing the last time we rode Rise. It's an expensive ride that already has a lot of operating issues. Carrie is also no longer alive to record video/audio for something like that. I do hope they introduce new storylines for the Starcruiser, but they will always need to match the timeline of Batuu unless there is some kind of time travel plot involved.

They would have to convert Batuu as well. I wouldn't have a problem with them doing that, but that would mean replacing the animatronics and holograms on Rise, and I don't see them going through the expense to appease a small minority of disgruntled fans, especially when the Kylo Ren animatronic at the end was completely missing the last time we rode Rise. It's an expensive ride that already has a lot of operating issues. Carrie is also no longer alive to record video/audio for something like that. I do hope they introduce new storylines for the Starcruiser, but they will always need to match the timeline of Batuu unless there is some kind of time travel plot involved.

Personally, I don't think they really need to match timelines at all - a mish-mash is fine with me. I think they took that stuff a little too far. That said, I don't think they need to shift toward the OT anyway as it is just a minority of disgruntled fans who won't accpet anything else. The current setting is fine and a lot of fun!

I think it's more likely that they add one and half day experiences at some point that have meals included. Not everyone needs or wants the full 2 day experience.

I don't think this is real, but I also think a plan for something like this is on the horizon.

I'm not a Disney accountant, but I don't see how Galactic Starcruiser isn't absolutely hemorrhaging money. I feel like half-day, 1-day and restaurant-type offerings are on the table if they don't just turn the whole thing into a hotel. It's a bummer because on one hand I LOVE that WDW is still taking risks and creating adventures like this, but on the other...the thing CANNOT be making money as it currently exists.

I don't think this is real, but I also think a plan for something like this is on the horizon.

I'm not a Disney accountant, but I don't see how Galactic Starcruiser isn't absolutely hemorrhaging money. I feel like half-day, 1-day and restaurant-type offerings are on the table if they don't just turn the whole thing into a hotel. It's a bummer because on one hand I LOVE that WDW is still taking risks and creating adventures like this, but on the other...the thing CANNOT be making money as it currently exists.

It makes plenty of money in busy season. It makes less money in off-peak seasons.

Ummm, When full, it makes over $600,000 every 2 days at a minimum just going by standard cabins. It's more for the suites and our upcoming trip over New Years Eve was over $7K. Even if 50% bookings on average over a year it would bring in over $54 million. This "Thing" has paid for itself and making plenty of money.

Ummm, When full, it makes over $600,000 every 2 days at a minimum just going by standard cabins. It's more for the suites and our upcoming trip over New Years Eve was over $7K. Even if 50% bookings on average over a year it would bring in over $54 million. This "Thing" has paid for itself and making plenty of money.
Maybe you're right. Just seems like operating costs are probably pretty high compared to what they're bringing in per guest.

Yes, hotels aren't based on having 100% occupancy all of the time. I'm not sure that it has been as successful as they had hoped it would be, but losing money is doubtful.

I have no idea what the operating costs are, but I'm guessing crazy high. More so, the interest on the loans they have (or the lost opportunity cost if they didn't borrow money) would be huge.

While I think it's fake, a lunch could fit in. They can fit a Lunch in on Check-out/Check-in day. Check-out is 10am. Check-in begins at 1pm. That means if lunch is at say 10:30 or 11am, that gives them time to turn the dinning room before the next group begins their 3-day event. It can give a great teaser meal to entice anyone on the fence about doing the experience.

They should've set Batuu post Return of Jedi, but before Force Awakens. That way they can innermix the difference sects without missing a beat. Want to do a throwback weekend, perfect, we're now in the early phases of the fall of the Empire when they're still trying to stop the rebels from forming a new government and the Empire still has a foothold on the galactic politics. Want to place it in the new series? Fantastic 1st order is on the move and is mopping up Rebel resistance that exists throughout the Galaxy as it tries to re-establish the Empire. If they mixed up the designs between old and new all they have to do is have a story line that establishes either the change from old style to the new is still in progress, or it's the new shifting back to the old as the Empire takes hold again and the rebels return to a resistance group in the galaxy. The other perk if they went this route is they can play with young/old versions of characters because the gap between RotJ and FA is +30yrs so the variety wouldn't be out of place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter