Telus- roaming options

Lindaapple

Mouseketeer
For those of you who have Telus cell, which roaming options did you choose? Also not sure how much data to expect to use (on plane, the disney app, etc.) for our 10 day trip as our phones automatically switch to using data if the wifi strength isn't strong enough. Thanks for any advice!

I don't use a roaming option when I go to Disney as I don't need to use the phone to call or text anyone. I just use the airport and Disney wifi, I put the phone in airplane mode and leave it like that for the time I'm away. I don't use any on the plane either, we download some Netflix (just in case the plane doesn't have movies).

When I cruise, I use the Telus roaming for $7 a day when in the US, I have that as part of my plan, $7 a day in the US and $10 a day most other countries, so when I am there if I use it I get charged $7 a day which uses my regular plans data. I don't use anything data intensive unless I am on free wifi somewhere (like a hotel). I only normally use it a day before the cruise and possible the day we get off. I don't tend to use it on the ship or in other ports as I like to disconnect a bit.

I was thinking of using the Telus roam plan, but decided to use Roam Mobility instead. The plans for them are $5 a day, or $40/month and include unlimited data and calling back to Canada. Makes sense rather than paying $7 and using up your own data as with Telus.

I also use the $7/day plan when we go down to DL. I mainly use data to check wait times on the app. We use wifi when at the hotel though so we do not go through a lot of data.

I bounce between Roam Mobility and Telus Easy Roam.
  • Roam Mobility on days with high data usage
  • Telus on low usage days and when I need to people to find me at my regular number.

I don't use a roaming option when I go to Disney as I don't need to use the phone to call or text anyone. I just use the airport and Disney wifi, I put the phone in airplane mode and leave it like that for the time I'm away. I don't use any on the plane either, we download some Netflix (just in case the plane doesn't have movies).

When I cruise, I use the Telus roaming for $7 a day when in the US, I have that as part of my plan, $7 a day in the US and $10 a day most other countries, so when I am there if I use it I get charged $7 a day which uses my regular plans data. I don't use anything data intensive unless I am on free wifi somewhere (like a hotel). I only normally use it a day before the cruise and possible the day we get off. I don't tend to use it on the ship or in other ports as I like to disconnect a bit.
I’m on Rogers, similar plan. I use my phone at Disney, to make FPs. Half the time (although getting better) you can’t get on their wifi in the parks esp peak times during the day. So I use the Roam Like Home. If I don’t use it I’m not charged. But it’s a good back up for when you can’t get on wifi.
One trip my room was far from router and had to go out of my room down the corridor at POR to get signal to send an email or look up something. This was before Roam Like Home and data on roaming package was pretty skimpy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter