Temperature in common areas

disnee9

Mouseketeer
What is the temperature like in the common areas on the ship for an Alaskan cruise?? Dining rooms, theater, internal hallways ?? Short sleeves or long sleeves ??
We are cold blooded and like to be warm especially in our cabin.

Thanks.

dclpluto

DIS Veteran
What is the temperature like in the common areas on the ship for an Alaskan cruise?? Dining rooms, theater, internal hallways ?? Short sleeves or long sleeves ??

Thanks.
theyKeep the areas cool to keep the throw up down. Alaska you most defintely will want some long sleeve shirts even for being inside.
Your cabin you keep the temperature where you want it.

lorimay

💚🍀☘️
I wore long sleeves or a jacket 99% of the time on our Alaska cruise, granted I am a Floridian, LOLOL

• Disney Cruise Line Shipboard Credits up to $1000!
    Just make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel and you’ll receive up to $1000 in shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!
    Click Here for Details

Already have a Disney Cruise Line reservation booked?
    If you booked your DCL reservation within the last 30 days, Email us (DreamsCruise@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com) to see if we can save you money, apply a Shipboard Credit, or recieve our Exclusive Gift!
    *Deposit paid. Not paid in full. Other Restrictions Apply.

• Cruising Engineer

DIS Veteran
    Agree, the common areas are kept cooler especially the theaters. Always have a sweater or zip-up hoodie when going to the shows or movies. Dining rooms are cold if you have on a sleeveless outfit/short dress. Long sleeves go a long way in Alaska. The only place I have found to be warm to hot is the shopping area (White Caps et al.), lots of bodies in tight quarters.

PrincessShmoo

DIS veteran

Thanks.
    I haven't been on a ship yet (DCL or otherwise) that didn't have the interior spaces colder than I like. In fact, on our DCL Hawaii cruise it was so cold in the WDT that everyone was using blankets.

disnee9

Mouseketeer
    I'm assuming overall that the temperature is cooler in general aboard the ship while in Alaska than while in the Caribbean because of the outside environment. Seems logical to me !! :idea:

cruisehopeful

Wishing I was taking a nap on a ship.
    I have found the dining rooms to be very cold. It makes sense since the workers are running around so much, but for those of us just sitting there, it can be very cold. Bring a sweater or light jacket to dinner.

• EXCLUSIVE - Dreams Unlimited Travel Gift Basket!
    Book your Disney Cruise Line vacation through Dreams Unlimited Travel and receive an exclusive, complimentary Gift Basket. This Gift Basket is a result of client feedback as well as posts from DISboards.com; we call it our “What you didn't know you needed on a Disney Cruise Kit”.
    Click Here for Details

• mmmears

DIS Veteran
    I feel like they keep it freezing in the Bahamas, but it was warmer inside on our Alaska and Iceland cruises. Maybe it's just because I'm already bundled up, but I needed to layer more indoors on the hot weather cruises than on the cold weather ones.

Karin1984

DIS Veteran
    It's probably less noticeable during the winter months or in Alaska. The warmer it outside, the colder it seems inside.

kiford

DIS Veteran
    I'm assuming overall that the temperature is cooler in general aboard the ship while in Alaska than while in the Caribbean because of the outside environment. Seems logical to me !! :idea:
    Doesn't seem to matter where they are, it's always freezing in the theatre unless it's full and you have bodies putting off heat. It was even cold inside on our Northern Europe cruise. At least outside they had blankets on the chairs. There were a couple of times I took one into the theatre with me. And DH got a lot of cuddling during the movies (he puts out a lot of heat :)).

Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.

Book your Disney Cruise through Dreams Unlimited Travel and receive a Shipboard Credit and an Exclusive Gift Basket!

DECK PLANS

STATEROOMS

ITINERARIES