Temperature in common areas

disnee9

Mouseketeer
What is the temperature like in the common areas on the ship for an Alaskan cruise?? Dining rooms, theater, internal hallways ?? Short sleeves or long sleeves ??
We are cold blooded and like to be warm especially in our cabin.

Thanks.

What is the temperature like in the common areas on the ship for an Alaskan cruise?? Dining rooms, theater, internal hallways ?? Short sleeves or long sleeves ??

Thanks.

theyKeep the areas cool to keep the throw up down. Alaska you most defintely will want some long sleeve shirts even for being inside.
Your cabin you keep the temperature where you want it.

I wore long sleeves or a jacket 99% of the time on our Alaska cruise, granted I am a Floridian, LOLOL

Agree, the common areas are kept cooler especially the theaters. Always have a sweater or zip-up hoodie when going to the shows or movies. Dining rooms are cold if you have on a sleeveless outfit/short dress. Long sleeves go a long way in Alaska. The only place I have found to be warm to hot is the shopping area (White Caps et al.), lots of bodies in tight quarters.

Thanks.
I haven't been on a ship yet (DCL or otherwise) that didn't have the interior spaces colder than I like. In fact, on our DCL Hawaii cruise it was so cold in the WDT that everyone was using blankets.

I'm assuming overall that the temperature is cooler in general aboard the ship while in Alaska than while in the Caribbean because of the outside environment. Seems logical to me !! :idea:

I have found the dining rooms to be very cold. It makes sense since the workers are running around so much, but for those of us just sitting there, it can be very cold. Bring a sweater or light jacket to dinner.

I feel like they keep it freezing in the Bahamas, but it was warmer inside on our Alaska and Iceland cruises. Maybe it's just because I'm already bundled up, but I needed to layer more indoors on the hot weather cruises than on the cold weather ones.

It's probably less noticeable during the winter months or in Alaska. The warmer it outside, the colder it seems inside.

I'm assuming overall that the temperature is cooler in general aboard the ship while in Alaska than while in the Caribbean because of the outside environment. Seems logical to me !! :idea:

Doesn't seem to matter where they are, it's always freezing in the theatre unless it's full and you have bodies putting off heat. It was even cold inside on our Northern Europe cruise. At least outside they had blankets on the chairs. There were a couple of times I took one into the theatre with me. And DH got a lot of cuddling during the movies (he puts out a lot of heat :)).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!