Tendering and excursions

MommaBerd

DIS Veteran
Tendering will be a new experience for us, and I’m reading that sometimes they can’t tender because of rough waters. If you book your excursions independently, I am assuming you lose out on your money, whereas booking with DCL they would give you a refund? Or, does it depend on the tour operator?

It comes down to your tour operator, but most of the time it is the risk you take by booking independently. Check if that specific condition is covered in the operator's contract.

Tendering will be a new experience for us, and I’m reading that sometimes they can’t tender because of rough waters. If you book your excursions independently, I am assuming you lose out on your money, whereas booking with DCL they would give you a refund? Or, does it depend on the tour operator?
Generally speaking, most independent tour operators will refund if the ship is unable to port. But not all. Some keep a percentage, some might keep it all.

That's a question to ask of your particular excursion company.

If you're on a DCL excursion, then the charge is reversed on your onboard account.

We had this happen on our first visit to Grand Cayman. The Fantasy couldn't tender due to rough seas. We always book DCL port adventures and so ours for that day was automatically canceled and refunded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!