Tent help - Fabric Questions

FLkid

Mouseketeer
hello everyone!

Not sure if someone here can help me with this question. But I have a tent that I plan to use in two weeks at the fort, We also purchased a portable AC that uses a duct to exhaust. Originally I had planned to just run the duct out of the door and zip it to the duct, However my tent has a *closet* that we really won’t be using for anything and the AC would fit perfectly in it while keeping it out of the way.

I am trying to come up with a way to cut a hole in the *closet* of the tent large enough to run the duct out of. Obviously cutting the hole is the easy part, but does anyone have any ideas on how I could seal the edges of the hole so it doesn’t continue to rip? I don’t have any sewing experience (or equipment)

I’ve ordered some clear gorilla tape and gear aid tenacious tape for fabric repair. I’m not sure if sealing it with one of those products would work. The hole would be around 6”

Any tips or advice is greatly appreciated

I've used Tenacious Tape with really good results, so I think it would here. Do you have a link to a site selling the tent, so we can get a better idea what you're working with?

Don't see why Tenacious Tape wouldn't work. You could even try taping in a zipper from the craft store to make it easier to switch between AC and no AC in the future

Don't see why Tenacious Tape wouldn't work. You could even try taping in a zipper from the craft store to make it easier to switch between AC and no AC in the future

Well I got it done today! It turned out great.

I started by marking the spot I needed the hole in the tent, I then applied clear gorilla tape to both sides of the tent wall where I would be cutting. I cut an X in the tent wall then fit the duct to make sure it was good. After that I used tenacious to *seal* the cuts I made so they wouldn’t continue to fray. I then got a draw string bag I had laying around and cut the bottom out of it. I hot glued the cut end of the bag to the inside of the tent around the hole. Followed by applying tape to insure the bag was secured.

Now I’m able to push the bag through the hole, put the duct tube in and seal it with the pull strings of the bag.

Thank you for all your advice this went SO much smoother than anticipated.

How I secured the bag

16B366C1-50C4-45B0-A2C9-F445558C6302.jpeg

Inside of tent with bag pulled inside (this is how I had it to glue and tape)
525C697A-FC83-4449-8636-656D6BCB8F58.jpeg

Final product with bag pushed outside

1C316CF8-519F-4787-B03E-22FA9D8BF5CE.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!