Tentative Day Itinerary at Disneyland

So what now? How would you edit my current plan?..
What time does he want to arrive? That makes a big difference. You have an 11 am reservation at SWGE, right? By the way, does he have any idea how hard you have been working to put this plan together in the first place and how many adults (not kids) have been working with you to make this happen? Show him and work with him to edit the plan -- he needs to have a general idea of what will happen tomorrow, not just be a passive follower, and to have at least an idea of what will be involved to make tomorrow go as smoothly as possible for everyone.

What time does he want to arrive? That makes a big difference. You have an 11 am reservation at SWGE, right? By the way, does he have any idea how hard you have been working to put this plan together in the first place and how many adults (not kids) have been working with you to make this happen? Show him and work with him to edit the plan -- he needs to have a general idea of what will happen tomorrow, not just be a passive follower, and to have at least an idea of what will be involved to make tomorrow go as smoothly as possible for everyone.
He understands what planning I’ve been doing but doesn’t really care about it all that much. I’ve shown him a general plan and he’s basically putting himself in a passive position.
Yes we have an 11am reservation but we don’t plan on going there until 11:30am. We will probably arrive between 8:30am and 10:00am.

Plan your edit based on a 10 am arrival. Then, if you arrive earlier, yay! Go through your list and divide it again into Must Do's and Like To Do's -- be ruthless if you have to. You want a list of Must Do's that hits the bare minimum of what you want to accomplish tomorrow -- what you can't leave DL without doing, but what you'll be satisfied with if that's all you do. Anything on your Like To Do list will be gravy. Place anything leftover on your To Do in July list -- you'll work on that later. (And we'll be here for you -- don't worry!) Think of tomorrow as a reconnaissance day -- you're going to see SWGE (hooray!), get a good feel for DL, and find out what you can realistically do in a regular day. Don't overreach -- the better day your dad has tomorrow, the better day your sister has tomorrow, the better day you'll have tomorrow -- AND the better chance you'll have for return trip this summer! Now, get a good night's sleep and get ready for a great day!

Plan your edit based on a 10 am arrival. Then, if you arrive earlier, yay! Go through your list and divide it again into Must Do's and Like To Do's -- be ruthless if you have to. You want a list of Must Do's that hits the bare minimum of what you want to accomplish tomorrow -- what you can't leave DL without doing, but what you'll be satisfied with if that's all you do. Anything on your Like To Do list will be gravy. Place anything leftover on your To Do in July list -- you'll work on that later. (And we'll be here for you -- don't worry!) Think of tomorrow as a reconnaissance day -- you're going to see SWGE (hooray!), get a good feel for DL, and find out what you can realistically do in a regular day. Don't overreach -- the better day your dad has tomorrow, the better day your sister has tomorrow, the better day you'll have tomorrow -- AND the better chance you'll have for return trip this summer! Now, get a good night's sleep and get ready for a great day!
Thank you, I will follow that advice and see how everything goes. At least I have MaxPass and we’ll probably stay until around park close!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter