Tenth Anniversary Trip Welcome Back to the Magic Sept 2018

bluejasmine

DIS Veteran
Hi, my name is Tasha and Im a obsessive Disney fanatic and obsessive planner.. #sorrynotsorry

Ever since I can remember Ive loved Disney movies, music, parks and everything Disney.

Anytime Dad would ask where I wanted to go for vacation I always said Disneyworld.

My husband Tommy had only been once for maybe 2 days as part of a high school trip in the early 90s

So naturally we honeymooned in Disneyworld and Tommy is also smitten with the Disney bug.. I knew he was my soul mate! lol

We have stayed at many of the Disney resorts and even done a Disney Cruise, I have two favorites Disney Grand Floridian and Disney Polynesian Village but Tommy adores Disney Polynesian Village.

We lived in Florida for a short time and I worked for Disney in 2014 but we had to move home for a family issue and hadn't been able to get back "home" since, we were able to steal away for 3 days and stay at AOA (our first stay here) in May but it wasn't nearly enough time.

I had read about DVC points renting a few times so out of curiosity I looked into it and got a good deal so we are doing a split stay at GF then Poly both in deluxe studios with tickets and DDP.

Of course I have researched the heck out of everything like I always do and Ive typed up probably 10 itineraries and 3 packing lists and a list of thing to buy for the trip and Im sure I will do it again 100 times before the trip, lol. Hey its what I like to do.

All the planning has been helping me get through a tough time, my mother is currently under hospice care at home with terminal cancer, its horrible to watch her suffer so much and knowing Im going to be loosing my last parent is heartbreaking. Part of me feels guilty even planning this trip, granted we booked before any of this started with Mom and its non refundable so I don't have a choice and it is 7 1/2 months away, but as I said the planning has really helped keep me calm.

We decided we would leave two nights early so we would have a full day at Disney Springs, its a tradition to spend the day at Disney Springs the day before we check into our Disney resort and eat at Trex for dinner.

This time I planned to eat at Blaze for lunch and dinner at Homecoming. I ended up booking 2 nights at Drury Inn for the two nights before. They have a great hot complimentary breakfast and afternoon appetizers and cocktails, its like staying Club Level..

I came up with a Plan A and a Plan B presented them to Tommy and he actually went for Plan B!

Plan A

Sept 7- leave after work, be on the road around 2 have a late lunch on the road and drive to Drury Inn and eat dinner around the hotel

Sept 8 Disney Springs to shop and have lunch at Blaze, come back and relax and swim at hotel, dinner back at Disney Springs at Homecoming and dessert at Amorettes.

Sept 9 Check into VGF, hop on Monorail to MK, lunch at LTT (another tradition, love the freedom pasta, and ooey gooey toffee cake) and dinner at Pecos Bills

Sept 10 Monrail to Epcot, Soarin then breakfast at Sunshine Seasons and then rest of future world and then on to WS. Lunch was planned at Yorkshire and dinner at Le Cellier with an afternoon break at the resort to swim

Sept 11 bus to AK, lunch at Satuli Canteen and dinner at Yak and Yeti another breakfast during the afternoon to relax and swim

Sept 12 Check into Poly Villas, bus to HS, lunch at ABC afternoon break at Poly and dinner at 50s Prime Time ( Tommy picked this as he hasn't eaten here, we normally do SCi Fi or MM)

Sept 13 This is our Anniversary so we plan on no parks that day. Sleep in, breakfast at Capt Cooks for Tonga Toast, hang out at the pool, maybe rent a mouseboat, lunch at Capt cooks and dinner at Ohana, plan on ending the night on the beach watching HEA

Sept 14 monorail to MK, breakfast BOG, lunch Caseys and dinner at The Plaza

Sept 15 walk to TTC lunch at Les Halles and dinner at RC ending the night watching Illuminations

Sept 16 Sleep in, grab breakfast and head to Disney Springs to gran EOS for the road and Goofys to spend any left over snack credits

Now Plan B is what Tommy chose

Plan B

Sept 7 leave after work, get on the road around 2 pm drive to Drury Inn Orlando

Sept 8-Get to Disney Springs at opening, lunch at Blaze dessert at Amorettes, drive to AK around 4 dinner at Flame Tree and hope that I was able to book FP for Pandora

Sept 9 Sleep in a little drive to VGF check in and hang around the resort and pool( hopefully studio will be ready if not Ill have a bag packed with swim clothes and clothes for park) lunch at Gasperillas, Get to MK around 4 for MNSSHP, dinner at LTT

Sept 10-16th will be the same as Plan A

Tommy said that he chose Plan B bc we got an extra day to relax around the resort, an extra day at AK and we get to do MNSSHP which is his fave (mine too)

Now I just have to wait to be able to book my dining March 12th and book FP July 26th.. Im itching to do it so I know my vacation is READY..

Im super excited about the resorts we will be staying at, this trip will be a lot of firsts...

First at Drury Inn Orlando (got a great govt rate and you get food and don't pay for parking)

First Time staying DVC

First time washing clothes on vacation but with the laundry room being free and I can watch on my phone to see when its done is so convenient I can do it every 2 or 3 days during our afternoon breaks while we are at the pool!

First time eating at Blaze, Amorettes, Flame Tree, The Plaza and the first time we had DINNER instead of lunch at LTT plus this will be Tommy first time at 50s Prime Time

Tommy also picked Plaza since we haven't eaten there, he normally insists on GFC bc he loves their char grilled steak but he wanted to try Plaza!

Since we are staying DVC I will for the first time need to pack coffee filters, coffee and cream, sugar even tho we have refillable mugs with DDP we like to have coffee as soon as we wake up.. DH will be so much easier to deal with and wake up with coffee in hand! lol

I figured I would need to get a dual portable cell charger for the parks, I normally buy the plastic suction hooks and mesh laundry bag from Dollar Store, Ill have to add a small pack of detergent pods and a Ziploc bag with a few softner sheets.

I bought a pair of adorable Epcot ears on etsy and their are some adoreable iron ons that are for couples so I probably will make a pair of shirts for Tommy and I to wear together on our trip and I saw several dresses that were Disney themed on Etsy as well that I want along with some magicband covers..

Since we are staying DVC I will for the first time need to pack coffee filters, coffee and cream, sugar even tho we have refillable mugs with DDP we like to have coffee as soon as we wake up.. DH will be so much easier to deal with and wake up with coffee in hand! lol

I figured I would need to get a dual portable cell charger for the parks, I normally buy the plastic suction hooks and mesh laundry bag from Dollar Store, Ill have to add a small pack of detergent pods and a Ziploc bag with a few softner sheets.

I bought a pair of adorable Epcot ears on etsy and their are some adoreable iron ons that are for couples so I probably will make a pair of shirts for Tommy and I to wear together on our trip and I saw several dresses that were Disney themed on Etsy as well that I want along with some magicband covers..

I think you are super awesome!!!!

So DH and I decided to scrap LC while we love the mushroom filet he said that he has left hungry from there the last two times. So we are looking at Yachtmans, STK, Narcossee or Ciricos for steak... I cant decide which one tho!

Want to buy some Disney clothes so badly but I want to loose some weight too.. So frustrating..lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter