Teppan Edo

CourtneyandRyan

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone!
I have never been to Teppan Edo and I have a reservation in March.

My question is:
How do I guarantee that we will be seated at a hibachi table and not just a regular table?

It's an enclosed space with what seemed to be U-shaped table seating around the hibachi cooks. I don't recall seeing any separate tables either.

Keep in mind that you may be seated with another party. We're a family of 6 and were seated with a party of 3 college aged guys. Delicious meal, and truly entertaining.

We were a family of 4 and were seated with a family of 3. We enjoyed the food and "show" quite a bit. It was fun meeting another family from another part of the country and just visiting.

Teppan Edo has all hibachi tables.
Perhaps OP is thinking of the adjacent Tokyo Dining restaurant with their regular tables

1) True.
2) In fact, you do not have a choice of a table at Edo.
. . . hibachis are at Edo
. . . tables are at Dining
3) Dinner
. . . good, solid, comfort food
. . . based upon skill of the table hibachi chef, it can be quite entertaining, or almost boring
. . . remember, they only serve WHITE RICE, because FRIED RICE is Chinese (they can add some beef stock to the rice if you want coloring and a slight flavoring)
. . . you will be seated with other guests/families, as there is room for 8-9 chairs per table
4) Just an FYI
. . . Edo is the old (former) term for Tokyo . . . also known as Jedo, Yedo, or Yeddo
. . . pronounced "ed-o", and not "EE-do"
. . . teppan refers to the "flat iron griddle" cook surface, made from steel or gray iron and usually 1½-2 inches thick
. . . teppanyaki refers to the actual grilled food

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!