Teppan Edo

tinkerbelletreasure

DIS Veteran
I rarely see this mentioned in threads about restaurants. We are taking my very picky daughter on a graduation trip next June and her favorite restaurants at home are Benihana type restaurants, so I was thinking this might be a good option for us. Anyone like it, hate it?

Teppan Edo is a favorite of families as I recall reading many times on these forums. The cooking is done in front of the guests with minimum seasonings and they delight the kids by making Mickey Mouse faces and such out of onions.

I'm in the don't waste your time with this place crowd. The food is just not good. Barely any seasoning and the meats all were tough as shoe leather. Even the shrimp were tough and way overcooked. Service was mediocre and took forever to get the check finished out. One and done for us.

We've been three times and thoroughly enjoyed it each time! I've always gotten the filet mignon (thank you, dining plan!) and it's been some of the best I've ever had. Granted, not a lot of seasonings, but there are sauces to dip things in which are quite good. Among the family, we've also had shrimp and chicken and no one's been disappointed at all. Of course the "performance" aspect totally depends on the cook you get. But ours were always very good and service was excellent.

We had a great meal there in October, filet! Even better was the table was great! Great conversation loved meeting them and conversing!

I see Teppan Edo mentioned in plenty of threads for a decent meal. It might not be the best teppanyaki experience you'll ever have, but I thought it was easily decent for the price. If you have similar places where you live, there's a decent chance you've had better, but, when we went, there was nothing that was bad, chewy or overcooked. It was decent food, and the chef made everyone laugh quite a few times.

I enjoyed it. Its average teppanyaki, but I don't really consider much of the dining at WDW to be world class. Its good for a theme park. But I agree with the comments above that the service can be a bit slow. So i wouldn't book it if you have other specific plans that evening

We have been several times and it's always very good! I get the filet, and it's perfectly cooked. I love the rice/noodles/veggie sides, but those are the only "sides" so if your group prefers something else, they might be disappointed. It is very comparable to any other teppanyaki place. Very expensive, but a good dining plan option IMO.

Too funny I just recommended this on your other post :D Its pretty standard Japanese steakhouse but I think the food and show is a bit more elevated than what we get at home.

Haven't returned in last couple years ...

- LOUD LOUD LOUD, add the seating we couldn't talk
- Food was average at best with little flavor
- Was very overpriced for something we can do at home better

Our chef was great, but noticed most others in room were just going through motions.

Loved it. Always stayed away thinking I didnt like Japanese food, but my husband insisted we try different restaurants, so gave it a try in 2015. W went back in 2017 and have an ADR next month!

Food was excellent with a fun atmosphere.

Here is a review from my trip report with some pictures.

Teppan Edo

We thought it was really good, and the kids like it. If you are on DDP ask to substitute an app for your dessert. The desserts were the worst part of the meal.

The thing I do not like is that they give you like a handful of noodles if that. I don't want a ton, but they really skimp on them. I usually get the scallops and they have always been very good, and cooked perfectly. But, it is definitely not a must do for us. We have much better places at home.

We love Teppan Edo and go every trip. I have never had a bad meal there and the service is always very friendly and fun. I would agree that the deserts are so-so at best, but the meal is excellent.

Our fave every trip. Highly recommended if she likes Japanese food. I used to like Benihana until I came here, I love Teppan Edo, much more authentic experience.

I'm in the don't waste your time with this place crowd. The food is just not good. Barely any seasoning and the meats all were tough as shoe leather. Even the shrimp were tough and way overcooked. Service was mediocre and took forever to get the check finished out. One and done for us.
Japanese food is never "Very seasoned" if you wanted that you would have been better off at one of the Morocco pavilion restaurants, or even Mexico.
It sounds like you had an off night there or it was solely the chef your table was assigned. I would have said something to management.

It is a favorite of our family and go every trip. But Benihana is also my favorite restaurant too, so I love the style of the food! I usually get the filet which melts in the mouth and I love the fresh spinach with the noodles on the grill. My mouth is watering thinking about it!

When my friend went with me in 2018, I asked if there were any restaurants she wanted to try and she said the Japanese one that you always rave about. So we went there and she also loved it!

Japanese food is never "Very seasoned" if you wanted that you would have been better off at one of the Morocco pavilion restaurants, or even Mexico.
It sounds like you had an off night there or it was solely the chef your table was assigned. I would have said something to management.

Well if I wanted Moroccan or Mexican food we would have eaten at this places no offense. We have eaten at enough Hibachi restaurants to know what they are capable of and I'm sorry, but Teppan Edo just wasn't it for us. BTW when I say seasoned, I also mean salt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter