Teppan Edo

I'm in the don't waste your time with this place crowd. The food is just not good. Barely any seasoning and the meats all were tough as shoe leather. Even the shrimp were tough and way overcooked. Service was mediocre and took forever to get the check finished out. One and done for us.
I totally disagree. My experience has been very different here, each and every time. The steak is always delicious, tender, and flavourful (even better than the nasty steak i had at Le Cellier!). The food has really good flavour. Everything is fresh and its quite entertaining. If she likes Benihana, she'll love this. I know people say dont waste your time with Teppan Edo if you have similar places in your home town. I disagree. The food here is actually better than the places ive tried in my home town. Just sayin. Its good! Its more authentic than the places in my hometown.

It's okay, nothing special. I definitely prefer my local hibachi places over it. They don't serve fried rice, which is my favorite part of the meal. The last time I went I ordered shrimp and filet mignon and both items the chef gave to the wrong person at the table. Had to cook my food in the back and bring out to me after most people had finished eating. I haven't been back since.

I'm in the don't waste your time with this place crowd. The food is just not good. Barely any seasoning and the meats all were tough as shoe leather. Even the shrimp were tough and way overcooked. Service was mediocre and took forever to get the check finished out. One and done for us.

That’s unfortunate. You must have had a bad night. I’ve been multiple times over many years and never had a bad meal or chef there. In fact we went last Wednesday and had one of our best meals and chefs ever. I actually sent wdwtoday a cast compliment about our chef this time she was that good. Our steak, shrimp and chicken were all cooked to perfection.

It's okay, nothing special. I definitely prefer my local hibachi places over it. They don't serve fried rice, which is my favorite part of the meal. The last time I went I ordered shrimp and filet mignon and both items the chef gave to the wrong person at the table. Had to cook my food in the back and bring out to me after most people had finished eating. I haven't been back since.
That's because fried rice is Chinese not Japanese.

Yes I’m aware that’s why they don’t serve it there. But every other hibachi place in America does serve fried rice and it is my favorite part of the meal. I don’t really care that it’s not authentically Japanese I’d rather have it.
Then eating at Teppan Edo which is authentic Japanese is a bad idea.

Last edited:

We've been twice, the first time our chef was excellent, the second time he made constant mistakes but it was still funny. One thing I will say is that our first trip everyone at the table with us (there was only myself and DH) really got into it and were laughing along etc. The second time we got landed with 2 groups of people who behaved as if they were at a very boring funeral, it actually became embarrassing because the chef didn't get any reaction from them so we got all the attention which wasn't ideal but you couldn't blame the poor chap. When he was trying to entertain I remember the lady across from me just getting her phone out and starting to scroll through in a very bored manner (I'm sure it may have been important but could have waited just a couple of minutes)
So rant over, be aware that sometimes Disney can do their best but other park goers can put a dampener on things 😊😊😊

Then eating at Teppan Edo which is authentic Japanese is a bad idea.

There is also Japanese Fried Rice. It may have originated in China, but there are many authentic Japanese Fried Rice recipes as well.

In reality, though, there are real differences between Japanese and Chinese style fried rice. The major difference is the type of rice used. Chinese fried rice tends to use a longer grain (and “drier”) rice, while Japanese fried rice uses the stickier shorter grained Calrose type rice.

Ok good. It sounds like this will be a good choice for us. We have 3 hibatchi restraunts in town that we like and they are all different and we like different things about each of them.
Go for it! I’m of the mindset that, if it’s a restaurant you want to try and know that it’s a food type you like, go ahead and try it. Food is so subjective. I’d rather make up my own mind than read reviews. If I’d read reviews I’d have never eaten at ‘Ohana and that is our favorite!

Here is a review from my trip report with some pictures.

Teppan Edo

We thought it was really good, and the kids like it. If you are on DDP ask to substitute an app for your dessert. The desserts were the worst part of the meal.
Were they happy to substitute dessert for apps? We have a booking in Aug and cant say the desserts appeal at all😊

There is also Japanese Fried Rice. It may have originated in China, but there are many authentic Japanese Fried Rice recipes as well.

In reality, though, there are real differences between Japanese and Chinese style fried rice. The major difference is the type of rice used. Chinese fried rice tends to use a longer grain (and “drier”) rice, while Japanese fried rice uses the stickier shorter grained Calrose type rice.
I'm aware of this but was answering the pp who was specifically wanting the chinese style. Also, Teppan Edo still serves rice as a side, it's just steamed white rice.

Were they happy to substitute dessert for apps? We have a booking in Aug and cant say the desserts appeal at all😊

No clue, we didn’t try. Unfortunately we didn’t know ahead of time so we ended up with the desserts.

It certainly doesn’t hurt to ask to substitute.

We go because It's fun, Mr. Picky (aka YDS) will eat every bite, and if we time it right, we walk right out to a great view of Illuminations.

The desserts are actually excellent, but if you aren't used to those taste combos, then it won't be appealing when reading off a menu. I always tell people to try it, you never know if you might like it. :)
Thank you. I do like the flavour combination so will definitely try. 💕

We enjoy dinning here, and we have eaten here many times, for us the food and service has always been wonderful... This is a paced meal... all the cooking is done right before you, so it will take time for the food to be properly cooked, as well as enjoying the show they put on...... So if you are wanting to see a concert or fireworks... take that into consideration when booking your ADR time...

This is a good spot for picky eaters... I have seen them go out of their way to accommodate a request... We like to take friends and family here, its a pretty safe bet. We met up with some friend once, and my friends DH is way beyond picky... no seasoning, no sauces, he got plain chicken, steak... and ate 2 salads no dressing, his wife order a salad no dressing, knowing he would eat her's...

I rarely see this mentioned in threads about restaurants. We are taking my very picky daughter on a graduation trip next June and her favorite restaurants at home are Benihana type restaurants, so I was thinking this might be a good option for us. Anyone like it, hate it?

We love that type of food at home and we’re incredibly disappointed. It was extremely expensive for the quality and show - no where near what you would get at a Benihana type place at home. It’s one of our few “skip” meals when at home it’s a favorite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter