Teppan Edo.

BobbyDukes

Mouseketeer
My family and I (8yo daughter 5yo Daughter and Wife) will be headed to EPCOT on the first day of our trip. We have a dining reservation at Teppan Edo in the Japan Pavilion. This is a first for us because we never ate there before. Does anyone have any experience here? Any photos of the food? Any advise of knowledge on the restaurant?? Looking forward to trying something new.

We've been a couple of times, and it's a super fun meal. The food isn't spectacular (where is it at Disney?), but the experience is great. I think it helps if you have a big group or are really outgoing so there's more interaction with the chef, and some chefs are better than others. But it's always FUN. Highly recommend!

We enjoyed it so much the first time, that we actually cancelled another rwservation, so that we could eat there twice. It was a ten night stay!

Looking forward to it again in August!

My family and I (8yo daughter 5yo Daughter and Wife) will be headed to EPCOT on the first day of our trip. We have a dining reservation at Teppan Edo in the Japan Pavilion. This is a first for us because we never ate there before. Does anyone have any experience here? Any photos of the food? Any advise of knowledge on the restaurant?? Looking forward to trying something new.

Have you ever been to a Benihana restaurant, because it is similar in style to that. There will be a large flat cooking space surrounded by the table where you and your family sit. You are very likely to share the table with another family as the tables seat eight. your server will take your order for what you’d like to eat, and then the chef will come out and prepare the meal in front of you. It will also be accompanied by vegetables, noodles, and rice. We enjoy the restaurant very much and eat their most every trip.

We also enjoy Teppan Edo. We have a BeniHana close to us, where the cooks put on a very good show. Teppan Edo offers the same quality of food and entertainment, at Disney prices... We still go once in a while, when our plans put us in WS around diner time. We prefer it to the options in the adjoining pavilions, but we still prefer our once-per-trip visit to Biergarten.

Love Teppan Edo! It was one of our favorite memories from our last trip. We will be going again in August.

It is one of our kids' favorite places. The food is good and the kids enjoy the cooking in front of them.

Teppan Edo is one of our faves. There will be others at your table, but we enjoy meeting and visiting with others. We like the food. You can order sushi too, if you like that. Hope you enjoy it!

We've eaten there several times, and we've always had a great experience. The food portions are a little smaller than some of the other restaurants but definitely plenty to eat. The food tasted delicious each time. Our daughters have always enjoyed it there, and it's one of their favorites. We went there first when our girls were close to yours in age, and it continues to be requested. You will sit with other guests, but the tables are spacious and it wasn't awkward or weird. It's similar to other hibachi grills that have a chef performing a "show" while they cook and the guests are seated around the grill. Enjoy trying a new restaurant!

Ate there tonight and loved it. Our chef was great and their routine includes a lot of Disney references. Lots of fun.

We've done it several times....very good. Food and service are excellent....but if you have a Japanese/Hibachi place near you....it'll probably be the same.....and cheaper. It was on our bucket list of untried restaurants for the 1st time and the 2nd we had a larger group that never tried hibachi. Either way....give it a try.

Been there many times...Family loves Teppon Edo

My advice is to engage with the chef. We have been twice now where people (not because they are filming or anything) have sat and ignored the 'show'
Obviously you talk amongst yourselves throughout your meal but the last time we went the other 6 people on the table ignored the chef while they put on their best show. You could see he was disappointed but also it was extra pressure on us because every time he did a trick or said a joke he looked at us because we were the only people who were actually watching.
You get back what you give in this meal, give a little, laugh, have fun, and it will be great!
Don't sit with an angry face arguing with your family and staring at your phone, that's a waste of your money...

Also since others are taking photos of the show, your angry face family skirmish will be ever recorded onto a hard drive somewhere..... oops

Ate there tonight and loved it. Our chef was great and their routine includes a lot of Disney references. Lots of fun.
Wait, what?! (off to check out Teppan Edo). This is one of the few restaurants at WDW I have yet to eat at because I thought it was the same teppanyaki as everywhere else...but if they have Disney references, we are suckers for those!

Anyone have any experience using an AP discount at lunch?

Teppan Edo is pretty good, I ate there last night. Other than it can get a little loud in there, the food is pretty good, it probably wont break the bank there, the service was good too. Overall, I liked OHana better because it was AYCE and you can pick what you want, but Teppan was definitely a good go to in Epcot for the experience.

This is a must do on every trip. We love teppanyaki style dining at home so this is a nature fit for us.

The good is grilled in front of you and the meal will include a salad with a ginger vinigarette dressing which is fresh and delicious. Your also get 2 sauces for dipping your protein and veggies in. One is a ginger sauce that is good with meat and one is a yum yum sauce that is good with chicken and fish. Let me tell ya, they don't call it Yum Yum for nothing. :love:

Our family loves Teppan Edo! It is one of the first ADRs I make.
I think we have only missed going on one trip. My children are 16 & 13 now and it's always been a hit. We first went when they were about 7 & 4, similar ages to your two.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts