Teppanyaki tables and wheelchair

rbuzzotta

<font color=FF00CC>OKW until 2042<br><font color=t
As posted in another thread, we are taking MIL to WDW with us next month. She is confined to a w/c and has had a stroke with right sided paralysis and aphasia.

She loves Teppanyaki tables (we took her there nearly11 years ago, pre stroke). I know there is an elevator for her to get up to the restaurant but I was wondering about the seating arrangements. The tables are pretty close and not too much room for movement.

I haven't made PS's yet (I know I am late). What should I ask for?

Thanks...............

We've been there, but not for a while. Hopefully, someone who has been there recently will be able to answer.
The biggest advice is to make sure you tell the CM when you make your reservation that you have someone using a wheelchair. When you check in for your PS, mention it again and mention whether she will be transferring to a chair or staying in the wheelchair.
Often, when they show you to a table, they will remove one chair to make room for the wheelchair. The one they remove might not be the best one for your situation, so feel free to move things around or let the CM know that table won't work for you if you need to.

we went our last time downa nd loved it there. Do just like Sue said and mention it when you make aPS and also when you check in. They will place you near the door and remove a chair. It was alittle tight with the DW powerchair but with a manual it should not be an issue at all. Go and enjoy the show. :cool1: :banana: :cheer2:

We were there last month. I can transfer from my ECV but I had very little walking mobility. I usually drive the ECV to the table, transfer and my DH moves the ECV out of the way. We told the hostess at check in that I was in an ECV. We were assigned to a table way in the back. There was no way the ECV could fit. The Hostess was very apologetic and quickly made another table available.
Very often when I get to a restaurant I'm immediately told to park the ECV and to walk to the table. I think I would prefer being asked if I am taking the ECV to the table and transfering or if I would be parking the ECV and walking.

That's because they see the ECV and assume you can walk. They see a power wheelchair and assume you can't walk. They need to ask in either case.

Talking Hands said:
That's because they see the ECV and assume you can walk. They see a power wheelchair and assume you can't walk. They need to ask in either case.
::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter