Teppanyaki with no PS?

DisneyMom5

DIS Veteran
Our first afternoon in WDW we are going to the WS @ Epcot. Would like to eat at Teppanyaki, but have no idea what time we will get there. Do you think a walk-in is possible, off season, Sat. afternoon, if we go after the lunch hour but before dinner?
My family is picky, but doesn't want to eat burgers and ckn nuggets all trip, and this is the place I think we can all live with! :rolleyes:

I think you can with no problem,DW and I have done this same thing in past.We arrived 1:45 and were seated within 5 minutes.We shared table/grill with another family but that is part of the fun to us.You get to meet some nice folks that way.::yes:: :wave2:

Thanks! Not too worried about sharing, though their are 7 of us, so we might not have to.

We've had no luck with Teppanyaki as a walk up, and when we have been with PSs have never seen anyone seated as a walk up. But we have only done dinner.

Seven is a large party for Teppanyaki - you'll pretty much need a grill to yourselves. I'd make a PS. Even if you make it for the last possible lunch seating (you can always grab a snack while you wait to get seated - the chicken fingers for a snack will taste a lot better if you know they just need to tide you over).

We went without PSs in October for our "fly in day" to Biergarten for lunch - a HUGE restarant - at 2:30 in the afternoon - and waited half an hour to get seated.

With your party size, I would make the PS for the latest lunch seating. If you're hungry before that, you can always just go ahead and go and tell them you're just "really early" for your PS. :)

Ok, you all freaked me out, so I just called and made a PS for 2pm. Could have had any from 12:30 - 3:45, as no one else has booked yet. But my very nice CM Dustin said that as the time gets nearer it would book up fast (I bet they always say that!)
Ok, one less thing to stress about.
What's next? LOL :hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter