Terminator rumors

embracejg

Mouseketeer
Obviously all theme park rumors are to be taken with a grain of salt, but this one really caught my eye.

Jim Hill mentioned on the latest edition of he and Len Testa's podcast that he's heard rumblings of a Star Trek attraction replacing Terminator.

That wouldn't fit with Universal's own announcement that it would be one of their own properties, but it also strikes me as having a lot more staying power than other rumored choices like How to Train Your Dragon or anything related to the Dark Universe.

Keep the conversation civil, please. I'm just passing along a rumor from a well-respected theme park reporter.

Well Universal used to have a Star Trek attraction of sorts.
It was a video you paid to do.
I had 2 lines... "I don't know. Press it" and "Look!".
So to me a Star Trek attraction makes plenty of sense.

The attraction is reported to be a "live action" experience featuring a "Universal franchise". Much speculation on a Universal site I frequent.

I've heard Bourne and Bond as well.

Bourne seems like a stretch. 5 films grossing $1.6 billion total may seem OK, but look at the box office numbers behind other recent attractions, like Transformers or Fast and Furious.

Bond has more staying power, though Disney tried getting that license for what eventually became Lights Motor Action and the deal never worked out.

The attraction is reported to be a "live action" experience featuring a "Universal franchise". Much speculation on a Universal site I frequent.

That's what Universal's own statement said. The live action part has a lot of wriggle room as to what fits such a definition. Technically, the Walking Dead walkthrough attraction at USH fits that bill. As for the Universal franchise bit.....who knows? There's so many rumors flying around people *claim* come from trusted sources which aren't Universal franchises.

Zero interest in Star Trek or Bourne,I'll be okay with Walking Dead or Dark Universe.

Any updated info? Walking dead might be overdone unless it's live actors all the time.

Calling it now. Pitch Perfect. What other Universal franchise could it be other than Bourne? A song and dance show that would be a draw for young females makes a lot of sense.

Calling it now. Pitch Perfect. What other Universal franchise could it be other than Bourne? A song and dance show that would be a draw for young females makes a lot of sense.
Oh I hope not with all my heart. I would also seriously dislike Bourne. Just patiently waiting until I have something legitimate to complain about.

Seems like an awfully long time to be closed to be making just a song and dance show. Shouldn't take them two years to throw that together.

A Star Trek attraction would be a game-changer for me (I still miss the Star Trek Experience at Vegas) but I doubt it since the announcement specifically mentioned "Universal property."

The DreamWorks Theater would be the most cost effective. Just re-theme the building and upgrade the projection system and audio, and you have a new attraction.

A Star Trek attraction would be a game-changer for me (I still miss the Star Trek Experience at Vegas) but I doubt it since the announcement specifically mentioned "Universal property."

Would love this, but seems unlikely...

Maybe we'll go back to the future again.

tenor.gif

Do not play with my emotions! You have no idea how much I would want that, damo.

If there is a Star Trek attraction, it better having a scene where we destroy aliens with the music of the Beastie Boys. :)

If there is a Star Trek attraction, it better having a scene where we destroy aliens with the music of the Beastie Boys. :)

Good idea. Sabotage is the song that I most frequent for riding Rip Ride Rocket. And that was way before Trek brought it back in vogue.

On the latest Disney Dish podcast with Jim Hill and Len Testa, Hill again repeated that it's looking like T2 will be replaced with a Star Trek attraction.

For what it's worth, other podcasts (namely Unofficial Universal Orlando Podcast) has said it won't be Star Trek. Only thing I'd say is Jim Hill is an experienced journalist in the industry, while UUOP is less connected and not grounded in journalistic principles. Hill wouldn't be reporting it's to be a Star Trek attraction if he didn't have multiple, trusted sources.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter