Terra Nova Guy and the Raiders of the Lost Park - an August 2018 TR *COMPLETE* 4/28

I do not care for that parade. I would be just as happy to not see it.
I wouldn't be upset if it vanished. We have attended Move It Shake It before. Katie liked dancing with the characters. But that was in October or April.
Stand in the Hub in the dead heat of August? No thanks.

And now I don't see a need to remedy my not having eaten there.
Nope, don't go out of your way. If you really want pasta, I believe it's the only QS in MK that his it. Otherwise, I would rather chicken & ribs at Cosmic Rays.

Hmmm.. are they doing those thicker paper ones?
Maybe now? I'm not sure what the latest is. I think it was just a couple weeks before we arrived they started the no straw thing.

Well, you do look like you're all having fun
Magic Carpets should be a pointless ride, but for some reason we all seem to get a kick out of it. Mind you we only do it once a trip. And I would never do it without the girls.

I won't normally bother seeing it. But... it is a nice little break.
Yeah, certainly not something we have to do every trip, but not terrible if the wait isn't too long.

I can accept that.
You're still wrong.

But I can accept it.
I have to confess, I have never had the float version. I probably should try it sometime.

Wow! Pretty shot!
There were a lot of nice sunsets this trip. Right after the late afternoon thunderstorms. I guess that's one plus about summer trips.

Simply because I'm not a fan of changing something classic because it might be considered non-PC now.
I agree with you there. I don't think it had to be changed.

I think you answered your own question. Scared? Because they're gonna get wet!
Could be. I don't think we're ever had a ride in the front row before.

I'm sorry... what??????????
I know. Ridiculous. It seems like Frontierland is always the last area we get to every trip because we're running around looking for princesses the first couple days. It's actually my favourite land.

Sounds like a great night! Glad Katie tried BTMRR and enjoyed it!

1. Mission 1: ride Test Track at rope drop since we don’t have any FP all trip. Do we ride TT? -- Yes

2. Mission 2: Meet Princesses! I made a big song and dance at the beginning of this report about trying to meet all 11 official Princesses, and it’s been ages since we met one. Time to catch up! How many Princesses do we meet this morning in Epcot? -- 5

3. Mission 3: get a frozen drink that has been on my “to do” list for a while. What drink do I get? -- Grand Marnier Slush

Jeff I got so incredibly behind, I tried quoting your past posts that I missed a couple times and then got sidetracked, so I'm giving up and just starting from here!
No worries at all. I get behind and only have time to read TRs myself sometimes. Quotes are fun, but I'm happy just knowing that you're reading long.

This is our favorite spot to watch! Of course we aren't fans of the projections so those don't matter to us, but otherwise it's normally not crowded, there's a good chance you can get a seat, and you can concentrate on the fireworks.
We love watching HEA from Fantasy Land, a nice different perspective!
I do like the projections, but later in the trip when we're too tired to stand in the crowd at the Hub, being able to sit in Fantasyland is a really nice change.

Not clear enough to allow the Move It, Shake It, Sweat and Spray It Street Party – or whatever it’s called – to proceed though.

I can never remember the parade names, either.

Wow, that music gets in your brain for ages after. If you don’t know it, google with caution. It may get stuck there.

That'll be a hard pass, then.

Have you ever driven home and had no recollection of actually driving home?

Not that I'll admit to.

You’ll be happy to know the salads went mostly uneaten, as any vegetable dish should.

Well done, sir.

I should mention that we were visiting near the start of the whole “we’re not giving out plastic disposable straws anymore” phase. Being on the QS dining plan, we got drinks with our meals and often went with the more interesting option, like slush in this case. Well, they all came with Mickey straws, which we collected and brought home in the end – about a dozen of the little suckers. It’s not that I don’t appreciate environmentalism – I try to be as green as I (practically) can – but I have to wonder how we used less plastic less plastic taking home a stack of thicker, hard plastic Mickey straws as opposed to thin plastic disposable straws.

Well, as long as you never, ever throw them out, the environment will be better off.

I have never really understood the need for the Magic Carpet ride to be where it is, given that Dumbo is already in MK, but at the same time, we generally take a spin on these anyway.

One is an elephant. One is a carpet. They're completely different rides!

To pass the time, I suggested something else we had never done, a classic attraction that we had overlooked for too long – The Enchanted Tiki Room. I had actually done this many years ago on an entirely different trip with an entirely different person, back when it was “under new management”. It’s my understanding that that version was a bit of an atrocity and it is fitting that the Iago animatronic is the one that burned in the fire. Anyway, it’s back to the classic and original version now and it was entertaining and a nice little break from the sticky Florida evening.

At the risk of people slinging mud and arrows: I'm not a fan of the Tiki room. It's boring.:duck:

I found it only fitting to grab an iconic Dole Whip after the show.

Now that's more like it.

upload_2018-12-13_20-42-10-jpeg.369817

Nice one!

I do have to wonder if the movie franchise had something to do with it. I have heard that Disney wants to “reboot” the franchise without Johnny Depp (given his recent troubles). I wonder if they will take the opportunity to develop Redd (that is her name apparently) into the main protagonist of the rebooted franchise.

Hmm...you might be onto something there.

Out of interest, we had the first row and we got wet.

It's not a Disney ride until you get wet.

Over the last couple days, my darling wife’s feet had been getting bad. I don’t think there are many of us who can say their feet feel great after 5 days of hiking around Disney parks, but with the August heat she was finding it worse than our other spring/fall trips. Her feet had swollen to the point where you couldn’t see her ankles.

Ugh. That sounds terrible. My feet always really hurt after a day in the parks, but never that bad.

This night I was determined to correct a travesty that had occurred. It was day 5 of our trip and I had not yet set foot in Frontierland. Shameful.

No excuse! Hang your head in shame.

She was a bit nervous about BTMRR but agreed to try it. Hooray! I’m happy to report that she loved it.

party::woohoo::cool1::banana:

I enjoy BTMRR any time, but I especially like it at night. I like the lighting, the way the saloon is all lit up on the ride, and the steam at the end has a ghostly Haunted Mansion vibe to it.

Agreed. It's really great at night.

1. Mission 1: ride Test Track at rope drop since we don’t have any FP all trip. Do we ride TT?

Yes. The time for sleeping in is over!

2. Mission 2: Meet Princesses! I made a big song and dance at the beginning of this report about trying to meet all 11 official Princesses, and it’s been ages since we met one. Time to catch up! How many Princesses do we meet this morning in Epcot?

3. Mission 3: get a frozen drink that has been on my “to do” list for a while. What drink do I get?

Grey Goose Slushie?

Hi Jeff! I love the pic of you and your family on the Flying Carpets.
I love how you call the Tea Cups the Puke Cups. I am in FULL agreement there!
The Peter Pan Float is on my to-do list too. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

I can never remember the parade names, either.
I think it's officially Move It, Shake It, Dance and Play It, but they have changed the name a couple times, and I think they are changing the name again next year for Mickey's 90th. It's hard to keep track and it doesn't exactly roll off the tongue.
Why can't they just call it Mickey's Hourly Parade or something.

Hmm...you might be onto something there.
I can't deny that a Redd the pirate movie intrigues me.

Well done, sir.
I don't eat green stuff at home. I'm certainly not starting on vacation.

Well, as long as you never, ever throw them out, the environment will be better off.
I haven't thrown them out...yet. They are collecting dust in our cupboard. Yet somehow it's better...

At the risk of people slinging mud and arrows: I'm not a fan of the Tiki room. It's boring.:duck:
I don't hold it against you. I thought it was a nice break. But I hadn't seen it in 18 years. Literally. It certainly isn't a must do every trip.

I wouldn't be upset if it vanished. We have attended Move It Shake It before. Katie liked dancing with the characters. But that was in October or April.
Stand in the Hub in the dead heat of August? No thanks.

I'll just skip it no matter what time of year it is.

Nope, don't go out of your way. If you really want pasta, I believe it's the only QS in MK that his it. Otherwise, I would rather chicken & ribs at Cosmic Rays.

Pasta... I'll go to Tony's. It's not that good... but it's also not that bad. I'll be going there with Elle (DD) in May because she likes the movie. Fair enough.

Maybe now? I'm not sure what the latest is. I think it was just a couple weeks before we arrived they started the no straw thing.

Guess I'll find out.

Magic Carpets should be a pointless ride, but for some reason we all seem to get a kick out of it. Mind you we only do it once a trip. And I would never do it without the girls.

Ditto

I have to confess, I have never had the float version. I probably should try it sometime.

Never. Had. It........... :faint:

Could be. I don't think we're ever had a ride in the front row before.

Nor will I... at least not willingly.

I know. Ridiculous. It seems like Frontierland is always the last area we get to every trip because we're running around looking for princesses the first couple days. It's actually my favourite land.

Well... then that's okay. Doing things for the kids takes priority.

Our story continues on the first monorail ride of our trip, from Epcot to Magic Kingdom. We were enjoying the ride until the point where the skies began chucking buckets once again. We donned our ponchos and dodged it as best we could while transferring train at the TTC. Luckily, it had largely cleared up by the time we got to MK. Not clear enough to allow the Move It, Shake It, Sweat and Spray It Street Party – or whatever it’s called – to proceed though. In its place, we were treated to the rare but endearing Rainy Day Parade. Wow, that music gets in your brain for ages after. If you don’t know it, google with caution. It may get stuck there.
The Rainy Day parade looks so cute! It's funny, the 22nd was my 4 parks day and I didn't have a drop of rain all day! Just goes to show how big Disney is. :)

I was also determined to make use of FP tonight so during supper I checked what was available and got the Magic Carpets for right after. I have never really understood the need for the Magic Carpet ride to be where it is, given that Dumbo is already in MK, but at the same time, we generally take a spin on these anyway. Judging by our group selfie, we must have enjoyed it. Or the girls were making fun of me again for attempting to take a selfie. Either one is plausible.
Such a cute picture!

To pass the time, I suggested something else we had never done, a classic attraction that we had overlooked for too long – The Enchanted Tiki Room. I had actually done this many years ago on an entirely different trip with an entirely different person, back when it was “under new management”. It’s my understanding that that version was a bit of an atrocity and it is fitting that the Iago animatronic is the one that burned in the fire. Anyway, it’s back to the classic and original version now and it was entertaining and a nice little break from the sticky Florida evening.
I love the Tiki room! On our first trip I saw the "under New Management" version and HATED it. I actually vowed I would never do it again. Then they went back to the original version and I LOVE it...it is a must do for me.

We settled on one of the ledges around the flower beds, across from Pinocchio Village Haus. It’s always nice to pass the time waiting for fireworks by having a snack. I had read about the new snack at Storybook treats – the Peter Pan Float (Lime Soft-serve, Sprite and a red Chocolate Feather), so I got that for me and I think the girls just had vanilla ice cream cones.
Can't wait to try it next summer!

Slinky Dog Dash changed that, and she was getting braver. She was a bit nervous about BTMRR but agreed to try it. Hooray! I’m happy to report that she loved it.
Good for Katie! BTMRR is so fun at night!

1. Mission 1: ride Test Track at rope drop since we don’t have any FP all trip. Do we ride TT?

2. Mission 2: Meet Princesses! I made a big song and dance at the beginning of this report about trying to meet all 11 official Princesses, and it’s been ages since we met one. Time to catch up! How many Princesses do we meet this morning in Epcot?

3. Mission 3: get a frozen drink that has been on my “to do” list for a while. What drink do I get?
1. Yes, 3 of you do. Tish joins you later as she is still resting her poor feet.
2. You'll meet 4 ~ Mulan, Jasmine, Aurora and Belle.
3. Avocado margarita!

In its place, we were treated to the rare but endearing Rainy Day Parade. Wow, that music gets in your brain for ages after. If you don’t know it, google with caution. It may get stuck there.

upload_2018-12-13_20-32-14-jpeg.369805

upload_2018-12-13_20-32-28-jpeg.369806

This looks so fun! I've been to the MK in the rain many times and have never seen this, so I'm jealous!

Have you ever driven home and had no recollection of actually driving home? Well, the photos I have and the associated time stamps indicate that we went up to Pete’s Silly Sideshow to meet Goofy and Donald. I can’t tell you why we walked to the opposite side of the park to do this. All I can say is that we meet them and I must have been in a chipper mood because I even have selfies with both of them.

All the time. I think this is why I take so many pictures while in WDW because I have a terrible memory!

Judging by our group selfie, we must have enjoyed it. Or the girls were making fun of me again for attempting to take a selfie. Either one is plausible.

upload_2018-12-13_20-36-31-jpeg.369814

Great pic!

Continuing the classic Disney theme, off we went for our Pirates FP, and caught a pretty impressive sunset on the way in.

Gorgeous!

Her feet had swollen to the point where you couldn’t see her ankles.

Ouch! That happens to my mom in WDW too. I think it's from all the extra salt in the food.

But there was a problem – Katie had never been on it. She’s always been timid with roller coasters on previous trips, and had only managed the Barnstormer and 7DMT up to this trip. Slinky Dog Dash changed that, and she was getting braver. She was a bit nervous about BTMRR but agreed to try it. Hooray! I’m happy to report that she loved it.

Awesome!

we were treated to the rare but endearing Rainy Day Parade.

I've never heard of this - so cute. Thanks for sharing.

it’s always nice to check that the back side of water still looks similar to the front.

Thank goodness you have photographic proof. I would not have believe you otherwise.

I enjoy BTMRR any time, but I especially like it at night.

At night....with fireworks. (the same for 7DMT)

So - you'll be riding in May with Elle? :rotfl2:

Wow, that music gets in your brain for ages after. If you don’t know it, google with caution. It may get stuck there.

Never heard it or OF it. Googling now....

I must have been in a chipper mood because I even have selfies with both of them.

upload_2018-12-13_20-34-1-jpeg.369809
upload_2018-12-13_20-34-52-jpeg.369811

Disney puts the kid back in everyone except the most Grinchiest of folks. Glad you had so much fun!

You’ll be happy to know the salads went mostly uneaten, as any vegetable dish should.

:sad2:

but I have to wonder how we used less plastic taking home a stack of thicker, hard plastic Mickey straws as opposed to thin plastic disposable straws. Anyhoo…rant over.

if any environmentalist nut can actually explain this, I'd love to hear it. There is just NO way to. The end. Like you, I do my best as well, but there comes a point, where it is just.... dumb.

It’s my understanding that that version was a bit of an atrocity and it is fitting that the Iago animatronic is the one that burned in the fire.

Yes. That was the most inane iteration of that attraction imaginable.

caught a pretty impressive sunset on the way in.

Excellent shot!

I wonder if they will take the opportunity to develop Redd (that is her name apparently) into the main protagonist of the rebooted franchise.

I hadn't heard this! Huh!

Intrigued...

Her feet had swollen to the point where you couldn’t see her ankles.

:scared: OUCH!! Poor thing!

the Peter Pan Float (Lime Soft-serve, Sprite and a red Chocolate Feather)

I had one too... it was .... toe curling.

so we took a spin on the Teacups (yes, this was my second ride of the trip on the puke cups so I must have been in a good mood to agree to it).

A good mood? Or excited about seeing your pasta wave hello as you spun by?

Haunted Mansion wait time was posted at only 15 minutes. You can’t turn that down.

NO!! Never, ever, ever turn down a 15 minute wait on HM.

1) Yes

2) 6 Belle, Snow, Cindy, Jasmine, and Ariel (again) at breakfast at Akershus. Maybe Elsa too.

3) A Grey Goose.

The Rainy Day parade looks so cute! It's funny, the 22nd was my 4 parks day and I didn't have a drop of rain all day! Just goes to show how big Disney is. :)
It sure does prove how big it is! I think that was the only rain we encountered that day, and the evening was very nice.

I love the Tiki room! On our first trip I saw the "under New Management" version and HATED it. I actually vowed I would never do it again. Then they went back to the original version and I LOVE it...it is a must do for me.
I enjoyed it. I especially liked combining it with a Dole Whip after!

This looks so fun! I've been to the MK in the rain many times and have never seen this, so I'm jealous!
I saw it on YouTube somewhere along the line. I was excited to come across it in person!

Ouch! That happens to my mom in WDW too. I think it's from all the extra salt in the food.
Probably. It sounds right. All the walking combined with the heat hit DW pretty hard.

At night....with fireworks. (the same for 7DMT)
Ooh, nice! That would be fun during the fireworks. I don't think I have ever done that.

Never heard it or OF it. Googling now....
Seems like a lot of people had not heard of it. I can still hear the Rainy Day song in my head though!

if any environmentalist nut can actually explain this, I'd love to hear it. There is just NO way to. The end. Like you, I do my best as well, but there comes a point, where it is just.... dumb.
::yes::

Excellent shot!
Thanks, it's a nice one. Should I admit it was just taken with my phone as I walked along?

I had one too... it was .... toe curling.
Too tart? It was a bit, but I found when it mixed with the Sprite it was refreshing.

Not clear enough to allow the Move It, Shake It, Sweat and Spray It Street Party – or whatever it’s called – to proceed though.

:rotfl:

Have you ever driven home and had no recollection of actually driving home? Well, the photos I have and the associated time stamps indicate that we went up to Pete’s Silly Sideshow to meet Goofy and Donald. I can’t tell you why we walked to the opposite side of the park to do this. All I can say is that we meet them and I must have been in a chipper mood because I even have selfies with both of them.

:laughing:

I try to be as green as I (practically) can – but I have to wonder how we used less plastic taking home a stack of thicker, hard plastic Mickey straws as opposed to thin plastic disposable straws. Anyhoo…rant over.

Haha it's a good point! I also appreciate any attempt to make things right with our friends in the ocean, but my understanding is that plastic straws make up a very small percentage of the plastic that finds its way to the water. :confused3

Continuing the classic Disney theme, off we went for our Pirates FP, and caught a pretty impressive sunset on the way in.

Beautiful!!

but I was fairly neutral about the whole thing. I wasn’t terribly upset it changed, nor was I particularly offended by the old scene.

I've kept my opinion mostly to myself about this, because I don't know that the Dis is the place to get into debates. But I will say that I count it a blessing that I have the luxury of not having been offended by this scene, either. There are many marginalized folks out there who couldn't say the same. But I do find the loss of the original voice recordings for some of those animatronics sad.

The wait times for the headline rides were still a bit long (at 9:40pm) so we took a spin on the Teacups (yes, this was my second ride of the trip on the puke cups so I must have been in a good mood to agree to it).

Wow! You're a trooper!

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. But there was a problem – Katie had never been on it. She’s always been timid with roller coasters on previous trips, and had only managed the Barnstormer and 7DMT up to this trip. Slinky Dog Dash changed that, and she was getting braver. She was a bit nervous about BTMRR but agreed to try it. Hooray! I’m happy to report that she loved it.

Yay Katie!! Of course she liked it. It's perfection.

Seems like a lot of people had not heard of it. I can still hear the Rainy Day song in my head though!

I guess I need to look this one up. Sounds like an ear worm sort of tune.

Thanks, it's a nice one. Should I admit it was just taken with my phone as I walked along?

Yes, you should admit it, but it doesn't make any difference. One of my nicest shots on my last trip was a cell phone shot. I might even post it by 6 months from now. :rolleyes2

Too tart? It was a bit, but I found when it mixed with the Sprite it was refreshing.

Yes, it was tart, but more than that, mind blowingly delicious. Totally getting one again.

I guess I need to look this one up. Sounds like an ear worm sort of tune.

Yes, you should admit it, but it doesn't make any difference. One of my nicest shots on my last trip was a cell phone shot. I might even post it by 6 months from now. :rolleyes2

Yes, it was tart, but more than that, mind blowingly delicious. Totally getting one again.
Dang.

Why didn't y'all tell me about this BEFORE my AP blackout dates began??
:sad:

August 23rd – Day 6, Part 1 – Aurora Gets Her Beauty Sleep

Some of you may remember in my last update I had mentioned my wife and her feet that were basically broken at this point. Packing them in ice and resting them had helped slightly, but not to the point where she wanted to face walking around Epcot, her least favourite park (I know, I know :sad2:). Although I felt bad leaving her, she was happier having the morning off, so it was just me and the girls heading to Epcot. We had a quick breakfast at the Intermission food court, hopped in our rental car, and made it to Epcot just after rope drop.

My intention was to do Test Track stand by, since we did not have a FP at all during the trip (thanks to the Epcot tiers and TT being third in the pecking order after Soarin’ and FEA, and running out of trip days with the other parks). Even though we were there pretty early, the posted wait time was already 65 minutes. I like Test Track, but that was pushing it, and the girls definitely don’t like it enough to wait that long.

Trying to get some advantage from our near-rope drop morning, we headed over to Soarin’ which was only a 15 minute wait. We weren’t as lucky with our seats this time and ended up on the bottom row, far right. Wow, if you’re not dead centre, the Eiffel Tower is a bit of a limp noodle. But other than that, and wishing we could smell oranges instead of dirt, we still enjoyed the ride.

We had done all the other rides on that side of Future World, so we crossed back again to Mission Space. This was basically something to pass the time until World Showcase opened. Mission Space for me was just something that was there. I didn’t hate it, I didn’t love it. But it had been 10 years since Brianna and I had done it, Katie had never gone on it, and they had changed the Green side (which is the only sensible side – any ride like the orange side that has barf bags as standard equipment is not worth the risk of ruining my day), so I convinced the girls to try it.

upload_2018-12-23_7-40-50.jpeg

The “new” Green side is just OK. Not as interesting as the old ride and definitely not something I would wait more than a few minutes for. But we flew over our house, so that was something.

It was close to World Showcase opening time now, which was our real order of business for the morning. Time to catch up on our official Princess meet challenge! (In case anyone was wondering, the last princess meet was Ariel, 4 days ago :scared1:) Checking the times guide, the first princess to start meeting was Mulan, so we went towards China first. Unfortunately, the rope was still up beyond Norway. Instead of waiting in the sun, we figured another ride on Frozen Ever After would at least get us out of the sun for 20 minutes.

upload_2018-12-23_7-42-32.jpeg

We were in the back row so it’s not the best ride picture. But I’m laughing at the due in front doing his rendition of “Let It Go”. I think Katie was bracing for getting wet, which we didn’t.

After getting out of the sun on FEA, we walked right back to China in time to see them drop the rope. We went straight to the area for Mulan’s meet, but even having caught rope drop, we were still 3rd in line. But that’s certainly not too bad. I was relieved that although the meet was outside, the queue was in the shade of some trees next to the little ponds in China. Mulan’s meet was nice enough, if a little forgettable, but at least the girls got the picture and her autograph.

Official Princess Countdown: Mulan – 5 of 11 ✔

upload_2018-12-23_7-44-42.jpeg

If we were able to see the princesses in order of location Snow White in Germany would have been next. But she wouldn’t start meeting for a while after – I think they do that deliberately to force people to hike back and forth across WS and encourage spending on drinks and ice cream. I’m sure there’s some little bean counter crouched behind a desk somewhere plotting up all these scenarios.

Anyway, off to Morocco we go to meet Jasmine. We had a 20 minute wait until she was ready but at least her queue was indoors and we were thankful for the AC. Since my last trip was 4 years ago, this was my first time to be disappointed in person by Jasmine’s new politically correct outfit. Having to look elsewhere in the room for lamps and a magic carpet, I photographed the meet and moved on.

Official Princess Countdown: Jasmine – 6 of 11 ✔

upload_2018-12-23_7-46-2.jpeg

I had to pause for a few moments at the Morocco pavilion. I really like it, especially the hidden rooms in the back with the fountains. They definitely provide a nice break from the heat. Of course the only photographer is stationed at the front fountain in the blazing sun, but I couldn’t pass up the opportunity.

upload_2018-12-23_7-46-32.jpeg

The France pavilion provides a 2 for 1 deal on princesses. We joined the queue to meet Belle in her casual blue dress. This meet is also outside in the heat near the lagoon. The meet itself is in the shade of the trees, the queue is in direct sunlight for the most part. I think we waited 15 or 20 minutes, which despite the heat wasn’t too bad. Again it was a perfectly nice meet and I think they chatted about their favourite books.

Official Princess Countdown: Belle – 7 of 11 ✔

upload_2018-12-23_7-48-16.jpeg

On the other side of the France pavilion near the water way is a gazebo where Aurora meets. We were about 20 minutes early for her start time, but waited along with several other families. This queue is also – shock – in blazing sunlight. I should mention that we had our cooling towels on us, but they provided less and less relief as the minutes ticked by. Aurora’s posted start time came and went with no sign of her. Even the Photopass photographer, who was also waiting for her arrival, seemed to be getting a little fed up with her extra beauty sleep. A full 20 minutes after her posted start time, Sleeping Beauty finally strolled over to the gazebo. Waiting 40 minutes in a furnace hadn’t put me in a great mood. It’s the first time I ever noticed an obvious delay with a meet start time, but I guess that can happen occasionally. I don’t think there was much chit chat and I think at that point everybody just wanted to sign the book, get the picture, and get out of the heat.

Official Princess Countdown: Aurora – 8 of 11 ✔

upload_2018-12-23_7-49-58.jpeg

We definitely needed a break by now. My first thought was to see Impressions de France which I have never seen in person (I have watched on YouTube and I love the music, it’s very relaxing). We must have just missed a show because the wait time was longer than we felt like waiting. Besides, it was 5 o’clock somewhere and alcohol was calling. I couldn’t check the France movie off my list, but there was something else that was on my “to do” list for a while – the Grey Goose Citron Slush which was fantastic and just what I needed (I was debating between this lemon one and the orange, I’m sure either are good, so the orange will have to wait for another time).

upload_2018-12-23_7-50-53.jpeg

While I was getting my slush, the girls went back to L'Artisan des Glaces for ice cream (since Brianna was disappointed with her très salty caramel and Katie didn’t get anything on our last visit here). Brianna got a simple chocolate waffle cone this time and Katie got a chocolate macaron ice cream sandwich, which she had been really looking forward to since she loves macarons. Luckily we found a table somewhat in the shade outside and had a nice rest.

upload_2018-12-23_7-56-5.jpeg

We needed to back track to Germany to meet our fifth and final princess of the day. We were about 10 minutes early for Snow White and there wasn’t anybody in line. I was worried I had the wrong place, but soon a couple other families showed up. Thankfully Snow White was on time, and being first in line, Katie was able to walk hand in hand with Snow up to the wishing well for the meet. Snow White has always been very sweet at our meets and this was no exception.

Official Princess Countdown: Snow White – 9 of 11 ✔

upload_2018-12-23_7-56-50.jpeg

It was now well past noon and we wanted to take a break back at the resort before hopping to DHS that night. Walking past Mexico, we suspected we might not get back this way again, so we quickly stopped to ride Gran Fiesta Tour since Touring Plans had it at only a 5 minute wait. It was a walk on, and I got to see the Three Caballeros animatronics that were added. Nothing astonishing, but it was enjoyable and it got us out of the heat again for a while.

Answers to last questions:

1. Mission 1: ride Test Track at rope drop since we don’t have any FP all trip. Do we ride TT? No
2. Mission 2: Meet Princesses! I made a big song and dance at the beginning of this report about trying to meet all 11 official Princesses, and it’s been ages since we met one. Time to catch up! How many Princesses do we meet this morning in Epcot? Five (Mulan, Jasmine, Belle, Aurora, Snow White)
3. Mission 3: get a frozen drink that has been on my “to do” list for a while. What drink do I get? Grey Goose Citron Slush

Next Update Questions for Fun:

1. Tonight is finally time to use our Slinky Dog Dash FP. Unfortunately rain closes the ride. But, is this before or after we try to ride?

2. Have you been paying attention? We’ve now met 9 of the 11 official Disney Princesses. Which two are left to meet? (And if you have the time and determination to go back through the 17 pages of this TR, bravo! You’ve earned this answer!)

3. We have an ADR later tonight. We leave Hollywood Studios to go to this place, so it’s somewhat close by. Which restaurant?

Hi, Jeff! Great pics of you and the girls. It just occurred to me that we actually saw all the princesses back in October: Anna, Elsa, Elena of Avalor (Is she a REAL Disney princess?), Rapunzel, Tiana, Cinderella, Belle, Jasmine, Aurora, Snow White, Ariel and of course, Mulan...:D I think that's a first for us...Did I miss anyone???

this was my first time to be disappointed in person by Jasmine’s new politically correct outfit

You already know how I feel about this...>:(

(In case anyone was wondering, the last princess meet was Ariel, 4 days ago :scared1:)

How did the ladies allow for this?

Official Princess Countdown: Mulan – 5 of 11 ✔

I see those 4 days off put you really behind.
this was my first time to be disappointed in person by Jasmine’s new politically correct outfit.

I'm not sure I understand this. Isn't Ariel's outfit about the same? Is that next to be changed?

I don’t think there was much chit chat and I think at that point everybody just wanted to sign the book, get the picture, and get out of the heat.

The girls look like they have a little pink to their skin for the waiting in the sun.

the Grey Goose Citron Slush which was fantastic and just what I needed (I was debating between this lemon one and the orange, I’m sure either are good, so the orange will have to wait for another time).

There it is....I really enjoy the lemon slush....yum yum yum. I will be enjoying a few of those the next time we are there - I can for sure hold two at a time (they are small....one just won't do).

Official Princess Countdown: Snow White – 9 of 11 ✔

Ah...you made up quite a bit of ground.

Wow, you were able to see all the World Showcase Princesses. The pictures are all very nice!

I agree Jasmine’s outfit is so bad, she even seems sad now, lol!

I think Mission Space Green is quite boring now, I use to like it better when we went to Mars and Gary Sinse was in the preshow! I would never do orange, no way!

Questions
1. I’m optimistic and say yes to riding SDD
2. I’m not going back to check so guessing Merida and Tiana
3. Beaches and Cream

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!