Test Track and Soarin strategy at opening?

We did Epcot yesterday, we had a Fastpass for Test Track as our 3rd Fastpass from 11:50-12:50 and I was able to book soarin’ at 2:50-3:50 for our 4th Fastpass. We rope dropped FEA with no wait. We were also at Epcot the night before for illuminations and I was able to book a soarin’ for a 6:15-7:15 Fastpass as my 7th Fastpass of the day after our day at Magic Kingdom.
Just a heads up the single rider line at test track was 45 minutes when we used our Fastpass yesterday. It is spring break so it might not always be like that.
Oh thank you for the information. I think we will go ahead a book a FP for TT. Maybe we should head to Frozen first.

No interest in FEA? If not, I think your plan is fine and its what I would do. Soarin was relatively easy for us to obtain as a 4th FP and the wait times were manageable at different points during the day. The addition of the third theater has really helped.

If you are interested in riding FEA, I would book a FP for FEA and rope drop Test Track. Try Soarin after TT or try to pull it as a 4th FP later on. My reason for this is because if you were to rope drop FEA, its quite a long haul back there - especially at a brisk pace. And you likely would be beat to the queue by those coming from Akershus breakfast and entering through the IG.

No interest in FEA? If not, I think your plan is fine and its what I would do. Soarin was relatively easy for us to obtain as a 4th FP and the wait times were manageable at different points during the day. The addition of the third theater has really helped.

If you are interested in riding FEA, I would book a FP for FEA and rope drop Test Track. Try Soarin after TT or try to pull it as a 4th FP later on. My reason for this is because if you were to rope drop FEA, its quite a long haul back there - especially at a brisk pace. And you likely would be beat to the queue by those coming from Akershus breakfast and entering through the IG.
I thought about going straight to TT and the Soarin with a FP for FEA but was told TT is usually broke down at opening.

I thought about going straight to TT and the Soarin with a FP for FEA but was told TT is usually broke down at opening.

On average it's down 1 out of 4 or 5 days at park open. So not usually, just more often then the other rides.

What is the current RD procedure for Epcot? Do they still let you go to the innovations breezeways? Where are the people held who are headed for FEA? Thanks.

If TT is down at opening, what do you do with FPs that you have for it at 9:05 a.m.

I agree with PP in that I wouldn't say it "usually" is. We rope drop Epcot multiples per trip and have not experienced that yet. I have seen Test Track break down more than other rides, but not necessarily always at opening.

If TT is down at opening, what do you do with FPs that you have for it at 9:05 a.m.

They will email you to notify you that the ride is down and give you a list of other rides you can use your FP for. You can also wait for TT to come back up and they will honor your FP at any time that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter