Test Track SDFP

Lorelei18

Always planning...
Was wondering how easy it is to get a same day fastpass for Test track, and what times might be available. I have a FEA fastpass, which I usually do, and then our family, DS6, DS9 and DS12, DH and I, rope drop Test Track and then Soarin'. But, this year we are going the week before Easter, which we haven't done in a few years, and I know my boys will definitely want to do TT over Frozen. I was thinking of rope dropping Test Track, but if it is offline, switching our FEA Fastpass for a TT one. Or maybe I will switch to a TT fastpass now, and if it is open we can rope drop it and then also get to ride it a second time later in the morning.

From the FP FAQ Availability post:
- Success at getting FPs depends primarily on two factors: the size of the group and how often one is willing to “refresh” the available FP list for that attraction. Constant refreshing, patience, and persistence can result in getting even the most difficult FPs as late as day-of.

It can take some work, but we've never been unsuccessful in obtaining additional FP+ for TT.

Also, I am not looking for a 4th Fastpass, I am wondering if anyone has either, A. Gotten a late morning fastpass for day of during the busy weeks or B. Arrived at rope drop to find test track closed and successfully switched their tier 1 fastpass to a late morning one for Test Track. I have 5 ppl, week leading up to Easter, single rider not an option.

Sorry mesaboy2, I didn't mean to be snarky, I am just trying to figure out what decision to make regarding Fastpasses for a week I know will be busy. :)

Just a reminder that TT also has single rider as another option.
We were at EP on 2/6/19. We had a 5:30 PM TT FP as our third FP of the day. After using it, during dinner at Via Napoli, @6:30 PM, I was able to pick up a FEA FP for later. So, FEA FPs are also possible same day. Turned out that FEA went down, so the FEA FP became a multi-experience FP which we used on TT before Illuminations.

Also, I am not looking for a 4th Fastpass, I am wondering if anyone has either, A. Gotten a late morning fastpass for day of during the busy weeks or B. Arrived at rope drop to find test track closed and successfully switched their tier 1 fastpass to a late morning one for Test Track. I have 5 ppl, week leading up to Easter, single rider not an option.

With those parameters, I'd definitely get the TT FP+ now and forego FEA. Even if refreshing might work, I wouldn't want to spend all my time doing it and being stressed over it.

You realize that getting TT as a 4th FP+ is exactly the same process as getting "a late morning fastpass for day of" or "switched their tier 1 fastpass to a late morning one for Test Track", right?

Off the top of my head I can't tell you if we've ever switched our existing Tier 1 to TT the same morning, but I'd be willing to bet we have. I can say without any shadow of doubt that we've obtained TT as a late morning FP+ for day of....many, many times.

We're also a family of 5 and single rider is not an option.

You realize that getting TT as a 4th FP+ is exactly the same process as getting "a late morning fastpass for day of" or "switched their tier 1 fastpass to a late morning one for Test Track", right?

Off the top of my head I can't tell you if we've ever switched our existing Tier 1 to TT the same morning, but I'd be willing to bet we have. I can say without any shadow of doubt that we've obtained TT as a late morning FP+ for day of....many, many times.

We're also a family of 5 and single rider is not an option.
Thanks! That's good to know. And what I meant by getting a late morning Fastpass for TT, is that at 9am if TT was down, at 9am I'd try to switch my 11:30am FEA FP to a 11:30am TT one. So, in that scenario, it wouldn't be the same process as getting it as a 4th FP, which would require me to ride FEA at 11:30am and by then cross my fingers that I could get TT for later in the day or the evening as a 4th.

I would just switch FEA to TT now. Honestly, there’s not much at FEA that would be interesting to your demographic (DS, ages 6-12). Test Track has been a must-do for my DS since our very first trip to WDW. FEA, we rode it once and haven’t bothered with it again.
Thanks, my kids will be very disappointed if we don't get to ride TT, whereas if we get to ride FEA it's great, but if not, no one will be sad. So I think I will be changing my FP to TT now. Thanks to all who responded! You've helped me make up my mind. :)

Thanks! That's good to know. And what I meant by getting a late morning Fastpass for TT, is that at 9am if TT was down, at 9am I'd try to switch my 11:30am FEA FP to a 11:30am TT one. So, in that scenario, it wouldn't be the same process as getting it as a 4th FP, which would require me to ride FEA at 11:30am and by then cross my fingers that I could get TT for later in the day or the evening as a 4th.

No worries. I do understand what you mean. But in your scenario, it's still the same process as getting it as a 4th. At 9am, you're jumping on MDE to try to "get" a TT FP+ at 11:30am. The only difference is that you're trying to trade your FEA FP+. However, you're still looking to get that FP+ for TT, so you're doing the same thing as a person who doesn't have anything to trade. Hope that makes sense. You're odds are precisely the same either way, as you're doing the same thing.

No worries. I do understand what you mean. But in your scenario, it's still the same process as getting it as a 4th. At 9am, you're jumping on MDE to try to "get" a TT FP+ at 11:30am. The only difference is that you're trying to trade your FEA FP+. However, you're still looking to get that FP+ for TT, so you're doing the same thing as a person who doesn't have anything to trade. Hope that makes sense. You're odds are precisely the same either way, as you're doing the same thing.
I understand what she means though. If she uses all the FPs she has to wait until 11:30 to search for available ones after, which in turn would mean less would be available in theory anyway because people have used them. At 9am all FPs for the day are available.

I understand what she means though. If she uses all the FPs she has to wait until 11:30 to search for available ones after, which in turn would mean less would be available in theory anyway because people have used them. At 9am all FPs for the day are available.

To get a 4th, yes you'd have to wait until you use your first 3. However, if you're modifying one and changing it, as she proposes, you can do it at any time. At 9am all FP+ for the day aren't available. In fact, most are already long gone...at the 30 or 60 day mark. The FP+ system will become very "fluid" as the morning goes on, as people start modifying plans. We tend to have more success doing refresh later in the morning or early afternoon than we do first thing.

To get a 4th, yes you'd have to wait until you use your first 3. However, if you're modifying one and changing it, as she proposes, you can do it at any time. At 9am all FP+ for the day aren't available. In fact, most are already long gone...at the 30 or 60 day mark. The FP+ system will become very "fluid" as the morning goes on, as people start modifying plans. We tend to have more success doing refresh later in the morning or early afternoon than we do first thing.
Got ya! That’s why I send in theory anyway. Sounds like OP has all the FPs lined up for early morning so trying to fit one in there exactly is unlikely. I would switch them now or refresh like you say.

Following along and was curious to know if someone didn’t have any FP and planned to Rope drop would it be possible to get on Soarin, TT, and FEA? Accepting the fact that lines will obviously build and waits will grow for the 2nd and 3rd ride. What’s the best ride order to plan? The reason for no FP is because I have them for MK later that day.

Right now my touring plan is saying wait times are looking like, for Easter Morning (I know, busy day so this just might be impossible to accomplish)

1. Soarin - 5 min
2. TT - 32 min (but my group can do single rider Line)
3. FEA - 22 min

I agree. We typically go that particular week in April be it before or after Easter. It is our school vacation week. Last year I was able to walk onto FEA because it had a 20 minute wait in the afternoon.

Following along and was curious to know if someone didn’t have any FP and planned to Rope drop would it be possible to get on Soarin, TT, and FEA? Accepting the fact that lines will obviously build and waits will grow for the 2nd and 3rd ride. What’s the best ride order to plan? The reason for no FP is because I have them for MK later that day.

Right now my touring plan is saying wait times are looking like, for Easter Morning (I know, busy day so this just might be impossible to accomplish)

1. Soarin - 5 min
2. TT - 32 min (but my group can do single rider Line)
3. FEA - 22 min

Yes, you can. Rope drop TT, hustle to FEA, then go to Soarin'. Soarin' may have a 30 minute wait by then, but won't be too bad. Or you could do TT, Soarin' then FEA, but it's more walking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!