test track

magic teacup

<font color=9999FF>Has perfected the art of "kissi
Pertaining to the thread about "what was your longest wait in line" TT was our longest. What I am curious about is why it is set up for apparent unfairness in the order of the line. The cue outside said 60 minutes. 45 for singles. Our family of 5 got in the longer line. TT broke down twice. The CM came on the loudspeaker and announced that due to this problem the fast pass holders would be caught up first when the ride resumed operation. (Understandable so far). The problem was that this went on for at least 20 or so minutes. We didn't move at all. The singles moved, and moved and moved. Then, when we finally get close enough to the briefing room to see what's going on, the single riders were just storing their single rider paper slips in their pockets and riding with their other single rider family members. .........And......you are in a nice orderly line coming into the building then in the waiting station before the briefing room it is just a crowd gathering and we literally lost probably 25 spaces or so bringing our wait to about 2 hours. Believe me, we would have never stayed in that line had we known it was going to turn out like that. Of course *once* we did get to ride it was wonderful of course but it seemed so unnecessary. Just seemed very poorly planned for a disney attraction and since TT is the most weather sensitive ride for closing it should be a better operation. Love to hear thoughts on this.

WOW, if I didn't know better, I would think I had written your post. I had the exact same experience at TT. My family of 5 also sat in the long line through 3 breakdowns, and watched the other line zip by. I spent 75 minutes trapped in line, constantly thinking it was about to break loose, and missed a lot of time on other rides.

I think the single rider line is one of the most abused things. I know the single rider line is there so that they can send out as many full cars as possible and therefore process more people per hour. They should have another system in place for this. I have seen where the single rider line a processed faster that the fast pass line. I also think it is wrong for a family of four or even two people to get on this line. But, as long as Disney accepts this there is not much to be done about it.

The ride broke down on us while we were in the ice (cold) chamber, we literally had ice crystals in our hair, then the ride broke down on us while were in the heater, so our icy hair turned into water, then heat. We did get to ride again with no waiting. I am not complaning, just telling my story. We love the ride & will be on it in about 38 days:)

I don't like the que system at TT either but I do not have a problem with the way they do the single riders. I have never seen any of the single riders get to do anything other than be a fill-in to fill up the car when there are parties of 2. I also don't have a problem with a family of whatever getting in the single line. They do not get to ride together. they each ride in a different car. They car is going around the track anyway and it should be full.

What I hate is the way the briefing rooms dump out into another que. Many times we have come out of the briefing room to a full que and then a few minuets later have a different briefing room open up right into the line and you loose several places in line and almost have to be rude to keep your party together. Either the inside que line should be longer or they should hold people back and not them in the briefing room until the inside line clears.

We don't even ride TT anymore its just not worth the aggravation. Besides we get most of the same thrills just driving over from Tampa on I-4.

I'm one of the lucky ones. TT was breaking down constantly the day we were there, but we held a Fastpass for a certain time when the ride was working. It's a real hit and miss attraction. I really wish they could fix it so this wasn't a problem anymore.:(

We are a family of 4 and did the singles line. We were given a paper to hold and were in a separate waiting line. Once at the front we turned our paper in and were used to fill in the seats that only had two riders - so I was in front and then my DS was behind me. The next car, my DH was in front and my DD behind him.

We knew in advance that we would be split up, but didn't want to wait long in line; we were not afraid to sit next to a "stranger" on the ride ... so Yippee ... we were on the ride in 10 minutes vs. 30 minutes!!!!

We came back and rode as a family with a Fastpass.

DH and I have rode TT several times, and only through the singles line or with FP.
It doesn't bother us if we are broken up. One time we actually were together. All the other times we have been in the same car. (But wouldn't have been a big deal if we weren't.) We normally are seated with one if the front and one in the back. They use us when they had a party of two sitting together.
Not that I don't believe your post. I feel bad for you. But we have always had to give up our singles line/FP ticket. And that's the way it should be.
If it were me, I know I would write a letter to at least mention it. To gripe, sure. But to mainly let management know there are bugs in the system.

single riders can't just hide or pocket their single rider tickets. They are in a separate line all the way to the car. They even have their own briefing room. They would have to jump over the rail into a different que.

dahess,

Did you get a pciture of your hair after that experience???? :D

Just my luck the same thing will happen to our family :D

my DW and DS (age 6 then) got fastpasses while DD spent time with her aunt, uncle, and cousins elsewhere....we went through the FP line and got in a car with three college age kids. The ride broke down before we could leave the loading dock....the message just kept saying to sit in your car....after about 5-10 minutes the kids in front of us got frustrated and unbuckled. They were climbing out when the CM came down the line passing out head-of-the-line passes to everyone in their cars. He refused to give them theirs...I was really glad to see this. They complained and were told they had not followed instructions.

Anyway, we had to return 3 times that day before we could get in with the ride working. So, the ride has common delays. I've never ridden the single rider line...where do you get in it?

I believe the delays are due to the complexity of each ride vehicle having it's own computer controlling it..tied to a central oversight computer. If they used Microsoft...no wonder!!! LOL

It doesn't exactly make me feel better that some of you have had a bad experience on this ride. You might think Disney would see this as a problem. I know if I were a CM working this ride I would get pretty tired of the frustrated looks of guests and less than patient, hot, tired guests at that. The very large muscular man behind us with his family also wasn't pleased and did ask the CM if he could speak to the manager. She was very professional and explained the situation but the whole system seems to have big gliches in it. I was okay with the wait I guess since it did break down twice but I really hated being dumped into the briefing room (we were the first family to go in) and being one of the last families to go on the ride because of how the doors opened in the que after briefing. That was the last straw. Just because we don't push shove and squeeze our way past other people we lost more time. Did I mention we have a 7 and 9 year old and a 76 year young grandmother with us? I didn't feel comfortable sending everybody into single rider status. My husband and I alone would definitely rode single rider. Thanks for your thoughts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter