Texans want to know about Manchester

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
My son and his family bought tix to Manchester for Spring Break, and has asked me if I know about the area. I live in NJ, and have visited UK on cruises, I figure you all can help!

The children are 6 and 7 and the family love to hike.

Suggestions, please!

Thank you,
Bobbi

I live quite close to Manchester so may be able to help. What exactly do you want to know?

Although Manchester itself is a large city there are places close by where they will be able to hike or explore the countryside if they want to.

I'm in North Wales, "fairly" close to Manchester, but I don't know Manchester itself very well. It depends how mobile your son and fmaily will be but Manchester is close to the Pennines and the Lake District, Peak District and Yorkshire Dales are also within day trip distance as are North Wales itself the north-west region being spectacular in terms of rural locations and mountains - I'm right at the foot of Snowdon). Since this is a Disney site, I'd also mention that Manchester is within an hour of Alton Towers, regarded as the UK's best theme park (with my nbr 1 coaster Nemesis!), and Blackpool for that "traditional British seaside experience", however depending on the dates, Alton Towers and Blackpool Pleasure Beach may not yet be open at that time.

I have copied and sent these responses to my son. When I get feedback from him, I can be more specific. Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!