Thank you everyone (an update from Tuesday)

helenabear

<font color=deeppink>There is hope for the helples
On Tuesday I came in here looking for a big hug. I didn’t say much at the time, but the moment I dreaded came and past. At work on Monday afternoon, we were told that there were going to be lay offs and the names were already submitted. We knew lay offs were bound to happen yet again (with the last round being about 2 months ago) but it one moment it went from the fear of the rumors to a blatant fact. So on Tuesday I was just feeling very low because I just felt like we were just waiting for the axe to fall. I was scared for my job and just emotionally drained after seeing so many lay offs in 2 years time. Well anyway, I am a lucky one. I kept my job… at least for now :)

I am asking for two things. The first is to wish all those who are currently unemployed all the best in where ever life takes them. The second is to wish me luck as I begin my job search. I did keep my job, but after seeing about 10 or so rounds of lay offs in less than 2 years, I cannot take it anymore. I am not sure exactly what I’ll be looking for -- possibly go back to the IT field for a while, but I do know that I need a change of pace and a change of scenery. I would have looked earlier but I know that by leaving my current position, I will be taking a massive pay cut and I needed for my DH to be more secure in his job before I began looking. So if you can keep all those people looking for work in your thoughts, prayers or whatever I would appreciate it.

Thank you all so much for your support. You all have no idea how much all your kind words, hugs, thoughts & prayers from Tuesday meant to me. You guys really are the greatest!!

So glad that you survived this round of cuts. That is so stressful to endure. I wish success for you in your search for better employement.

I'm so glad you survived this cut. That must be a terrible feeling, waiting for the axe to fall. I hope you find the right job for you. It's a scary situation, I know. DH was in the construction field and would get laid off almost every winter. This year it lasted 4 months. Then he was offered a job with another company doing something a little different. It was a scary change, but he has said several times that this is the job he's been waiting for all his life. :D So that's what I hope for you. That you find a job that is just perfect for you. Best wishes in your job hunting! :D

Good Luck Elaine and big {{{HUGS}}}.

It's very wise of you to hedge your bets and look for another job. I know it's difficult, but new doors are out there waiting to be knocked on.

Sending a prayer to all who lost their jobs..I know how hard that is. Good luck to you in your job search...good move!!Still seems like you need a {{{hug}}} though :)

Yippeee for you Elaine!!! My "bones" never lie!! Hee hee! You know how I feel about the new job search already....GO FOR IT!!! The world is out there waiting for YOU!!!

Happy to hear that you have your job!

To those out there who are laid off or had to accept jobs so that some bills can be paid. You have my prayers. It is a real hard market out there. DH is in IT and was off for 7 months before finding a job that pays less that half of the one he had. He is still looking but the prospects are few. It has been a rough 11 months for us and I know that we are not the only ones affected by the economy. Lets keep our hopes up.

Whew, glad you survived the lay offs this time.

I hope everyone out of work finds a new and better job very quickly.

Good luck in your job search, hope you find the perfect spot for yourself :)

Glad to hear that you personally made it through this round, Elaine, but as you have said, it is so difficult living with that always hangng over your head. My best for your job search in coming days, and maybe weeks, as well as for all those who are now without work, at your company and elsewhere. My prayers for all.

I think looking for another job is being proactive and a wise decision, Elaine.
I'm sorry for those that lost their jobs :(

Good luck to you and Luis.
CC

Whew! :) I'm so relieved for you Elaine! :) Now you can look for that new job with a little less sense of urgency and stress.

I'm sorry for those that lost their jobs, but happy for you. Good luck in your search -- I understand entirely. I, too, left my first big job after several rounds of layoffs and have been infinitely happier in my new job. I hope the same happens for you.

I am glad to hear you did not get the "axe".:) Good luck in your job search and I will keep you in my thoughts.

Elaine, I thought that is what it may have been. Hang in there. Remember Discover Card is always hiring. From what I u nderstand we ned to fill over 100 positions!

Been there, Elaine. Life is rather dismal when you are one that is left to pick up the pieces. :(

I wish you much success in your quest to find something new, and much success to your co-workers who found themselves out of a job.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}, prayers, and pixie dust for you my friend!

I am glad to hear that you survived this round of the job cuts. I was laid off from my job in May. We knew they were coming down the pike, but we all were hoping that it would be at the end of the year. But, as I look back now, this was the best thing to happen to me. I had been wanting to start my own business, but was always afraid to quit a good paying job. Now, I have decided to take the plunge. There are moments that I get scared witless on the decision not to search for employment instead of being self-employed. But, to tell the truth I am tired of coporate America and the lack of the feeling that your job is secure. And if it doesn't work out, I can always head back out into the corporate sector. Plus my family says I am so much more pleasant now, that I don't have to get up and deal with the day to day stresses anymore.

Thank you all again for the good wishes and hugs. I am so very thankful for my job from an emotional sense because after just having gotten back and feeling somewhat comfortable after Luis was laid off just almost exactly a year ago, I am not sure I would have handled this time as well. It was not a happy day so to speak at work, but we made it through. Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday though. Thanks again and I will let you guys know if something good does come up for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter