• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thank you Kevin and John for suggesting Columbia Harbor House!

DexLabDeeDee

Hollywood, 1939. Amidst the glitz and glitter...
Hello! I have just gotten back from a very very last minute trip to WDW. I have been helping my parents plan for their Spring Break trip and a week ago last Friday, I couldn't take it anymore so I checked online for cheap airline prices and I joined them last Monday in Florida! YAY!!

One of the things we did based on the recommendations of Kevin and John was visit the Columbia Harbor House and it was a big hit with my parents and younger sister. My dad LOVED the theming (we ate upstairs) and my mom and sister loved the sandwiches. Thanks for making me look great! I did tell them that I got it from "my" podcast and they were really excited to hear what else the podcast crew had to suggest.

One question - they wouldn't let us go upstairs at Columbia Harbor House until we had food that was bought from there. Is this something that happens all the time or just because it was crazy busy last week? We enjoyed sitting inside across the walkway and people watch. I would like to do it again sometime when we need a break.

Oh, btw - We did the Carousel of Progress for the first time and now I can't get the song out of my head! "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow..." Better than IASW, though.

Glad you had fun at WDW, I can't blame you for having to join in the fun :) We haven't tried Columbia Harbor House yet but I have always thought it looked like one of the better themed counter services. I would be interested to know if you have to eat there to go upstairs also.

We went upstairs earlier in the day before it opened on the way to PPF so I know you can get up there without food at least early on. I highly recommend this because it is empty and you get to enjoy all the details. However, we do all our major touring in the morning and don't want to sit at that time. We would rather sit and watch later when we are tired. So, has anyone gotten upstairs in the afternoon without food maybe on a less busy day?

We eat there nearly every time we are at WDW. We love to eat upstairs and ave never been stopped. One of us usually takes the kids up while the other gets the food. We don't usually travel during busy season and we tend to eat early or late. Maybe they just do it when it's crowded and they think they might have a problem with people bringing in their own food and taking up the table space.

My family is traveling to WDW in May and we are planning on eating here as well. In the short time I have been listening to the podcast, I have received a lot of information that I find to be very useful. I love the dining reviews!

During busy times they are not letting people save tables.

Perhaps that was why they weren't letting you upstairs without food.

Some of my favorite trip memories are from the dining room over the Fantasyland walkway. It's always so peaceful in there.

We plan to eat there in July with some of eating at CHH and some probably Pecos Bills. Do you think this will be a problem? Does anyone have a picture of the upstairs or know where I can see one? I knew it was a quiet place but apparently it is more.

I dont have any photos....but it is not a "destination".

It's a nice quiet place to sit and have lunch. There are windows that allow you to look out at Fantasyland / Small World or Liberty Square.

I thik they are only making people wait so that no one saves tables.

Kevin

We plan to eat there in July with some of eating at CHH and some probably Pecos Bills. Do you think this will be a problem? Does anyone have a picture of the upstairs or know where I can see one? I knew it was a quiet place but apparently it is more.

Here you go. These are from first week of June 07. We ate early and had the entire upstairs to ourselves. It is such a peaceful and quiet place to slow down and enjoy lunch.

IMG_2701.jpg

IMG_2700.jpg

IMG_2699.jpg

IMG_2698.jpg

Does anyone have a picture of the upstairs or know where I can see one? I knew it was a quiet place but apparently it is more.

Here are some photos we took looking towards Big Thunder Mountain. You can see the trains go around the mountain. It was great entertainment for our DD. The photos were taken Christmas week around 11:30 a.m..

Camera_Download_20071229A159.jpg

Camera_Download_20071229A161.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter