Thank you to all

Grateful Dwarf

Earning My Ears
Brief & sad - we purchased SSR a little while back but our contract was not to be valid until a Sept. use year - but we were very excited new DVC members. Our area was unfortunately listed as one of the communities that was to lose it's local military base. It will be a trememdous blow to the economy of our area. We thought it best that we cancel our contract - hoping that the dust will settle.......I wanted to thank each of you on the forum for all the information you've supplied, the kindness that you've shown and your friendship. We certainly felt like we had joined a new family and were plenty proud to be part of it. Let's not say goodbye.....let's say we'll meet again! Best wishes to everyone! :lovestruc

I really believe things happen for a reason. You can still vacation at Disney in the meantime. Things will get better for you and you will soon be able to become members. This is a small setback. Later on when you are ready to join thare may be a GREAT insentive and we will all be jealous.
Please continue to write and let us know how you are doing. Everything will work out for you. Just wait and see. God Bless... Marianne

Wishing you Good Luck and Prosperity. We hope to give you a hearty Welcome Home in the not too distant future.

just rent points for your next few trip.

sorry you couldn't buy now.

Hope your family and friends aren't too financially challenge because of that closing.

Sounds like you have your priorities straight. Best wishes to you and your family. :)

I am sorry you had to cancel your current contract, but somehow, I bet there is a better one waiting for you in the wings. Best of luck to you. Good to see you taking care of your family so well!

Good Luck!

Good luck to you. The loss of a base really is a shock. People who don't live in military communities have no idea how important bases are.

We lost Homestead AFB here after Hurricane Andrew (as if Andrew wasn't enough!) and that really hammered our local economy. One of the worst things was that we lost not only the military and civilian payrolls, but we also lost something like 14,000 retiree families who had depended on the base for medical care, etc. That probably hurt us more than anything.

With a lot of lobbying, we got back some of the loss. It's now an Air Reserve base, but that's just a fraction of what we had.

As an Army Brat, I know relationships between bases and the towns near them are not always perfect (with good reason), but there is a tremendous amount of good that comes from having a military presence in the community as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter