Thanks Castmember Safari Steve

Hey Safari Steve I have a few things to ask you. Did you did Kilimanjaros Sarafri cause if you did i might know one of ur buddies. But dude seriously you know so many things about WDW that I can share with my guest. I think sometime I should look ya up and we can go do the parks or something. I dont know Maybe Im crazzzzzzyyyy. Well I work at EPCOT try to come and find me.......... 3 hours I might be at EU and then 5 hours be at the France Pavillion.hhehehe

katie

I never worked at Kilamonjaro Safaris. I started at the Jungle Cruise 3 and a half years ago, which is where the name came from. I am now a park greeter at MK. I work on the weekends.

Hey Steve I am coming back to the World on Sun. maybe Ill see ya there....

I love the CP

Katie

Great post Mackey Mouse! Steve adds so much to these boards that he does deserve a special thank you. Thank you Steve, I learn so much from your posts. Hopefully, I'll get to meet you someday. I always look for ya!

Park Greeters are found at the entry plaza of each park. They are the people that direct crowd flow, man the turnstiles, and provide maps. At MK, we also do parade crowd control on Main St.

I've never managed to time my visits correctly. :( One of my friends was able to say hello to you in early January, and I'm so jealous!

I was curious if you miss Jungle Cruise or HM.

YES!!! Very much, but I get to work there every now and then. I knew I had to say goodbye to them eventually, though, so it's better in the long run to get used to working in different areas.

I thought I remembered you saying something about working with the Railroad. I looked for you there this past Saturday...almost asked the Conductor if you were aboard! I also kept an eye out for you at the Jungle Cruise....we had Tim as our guide. He was funny, but no one on my boat 'got' him except me....so I was usually the only one cracking up.

Oh! and my DH wanted me to ask about our private 'party' in MK last Wednesday nite. They opened MK just for Lotusphere attendees and guests for 3 hours...all the food was free and drinks were on the house! They even ran Spectromagic for us! Were you there that night? It was kinda weird to walk around the Kingdom at night with just about NO ONE there, lol. Do do all the CM's get overtime for working those private things? We had a blast!

I was bummed we didn't run into you, but I did look for ya ;)

I'm only trained at the turnstiles and for parade crowd control right now, but I should be riding the rails before the summer.
My regular work schedule is Saturdays and Sundays. I usually open, and sometimes stay late into the night. Only a couple of people on Main St. know me as "Safari Steve", many only know me as Stephen B.

Safari Steve,
By any chance were you greeting at MK on the morning (8:00 or so) of Sat Jan 25th. I think we had the pleasure of meeting you. You were talking with my husband, 4 yr DD and 1yr DS (in the green stroller) while I was getting my Annual Pass redeemed. Your name tag had the name stephen, haunted mansion.
If it was you thank you so much for starting my daughter's stay on a high note. She talked about the nice guy at the entrance all day. You made her feel very special. She saw you again later in the morning near the character greetings.

Thanks again
deb305

Wouldn't that be wonderful if that was indeed Safari Steve.. so far I have not met him.. but one of these days, I hope to.. Many have enjoyed meeting him and thanking him in person.. :)

Last year was my 6th trip and the first time that I took the effort to play with the CM’s. Thanks Steve for making me feel like it was OK to interact. I always thought that I would be just a big bother. I also appreciate your cool head when cutting through others misinformation.

Deb, that was indeed me. I wish I could remember the instance specifically, but alas, it all starts to blur together. I'm flattered that you would remember me and that I made such an impression. I try to perform my role as a Park Greeter with the attitude I would display if I were welcoming people into my home. I feel very blessed to be one of the first faces people see when they begin their visit to the Magic Kingdom.

More thanks to Safari Steve--I always read your posts and really appreciate the info.

SS, I still have yet to meet you. chased you all over Adventurland just to find out there was a "Safari Steve" who had transferred over to the Jungle Cruise from AK. Everyone thought he was who I was wanting to meet :D :o Go to HM often to see if you are there but they never act as if they know who I am talking about unless you are off that day and then they tell me "Oh Steve isn't on stage today".

Miss you coming into chat Thursday nights. I have moved away from it too. Pin collecting and collectors were getting a little too out of hand for my enjoyment for the now.

Love to read your comments. You are always kind and gentle when you set those of us stright who THOUGHT we knew what we were talking about. :eek:

One of these days I will track you down and say a howdy. Thank you from me too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter