Thanks

RobandLisa

Earning My Ears
Dear Fellow Canadians,

Just a post to say thanks for all the information I gathered from this forum (as well as the other forums) while planning our recent trip (me, my husband, son-age 9, daughter-age 7).

We returned last week and I'm glad to say the trip was an amazing success. Now the laundry is all done, the kids have caught up on missed school work and it's back to reality--but with some very wonderful memories!

A few "Canadian-specific" tips that worked well for us:

1. Flying out of Buffalo was great; $115 US per person on Southwest. The drive from Oakville was quick and easy. We stayed over the night before and it just added to the "adventure."

2. 5 day PHP tickets purchased at the Disney Store with the Disney Club discount were $1,300 CAD. With 7 days to keep us busy (5 parks/2 water parks), they were perfect for our 8 day trip.

3. The CAD at part deal for the resorts was good. We stayed at CSR for $95 US (including tax and free refrigerator due to being moved from the CBR!).

4. The pressed pennies are a great souvenirs for kids (and cheap--51 cents, even given the exchange rate!)

On a separate note, the CSR was AWESOME! My husband and I stayed at POR 2 years ago (doing "research" on DW before we took the kids--ha!)and we preferred CSR much better.

We originally booked the CBR because we thought it might be more "kid-friendly" but were moved to CSR due to CBR being closed. However, we realized CSR was VERY kid-friendly when we got there. The pool was fantastic (for kids AND adults!), the bus service was unbelivably good (5 min. waits) and we enjoyed the Pepper Market tremedously. In fact, we ate there several nights and had positive experiences each time. I read somwhere that the CSR is a well-kept secret, and I definitely agree.

So, once again, thank you all for your valuable information; it is very much appreciated!

Glad to hear that you had such a great trip! It's good that you got to take advantage of so many specials and deals.

Welcome back. :wave: It's nice to hear that you had such a good trip, and discounts make it even better!

Welcome home!:wave: You're trip sounds so great! I'm very glad that everything went as planned! Although.........we all hate coming back to "reality".;)

RobandLisa welcome back! Got some questions for ya! :p

Where did you park when you flew out of Buffalo and how much did it cost?

Did you find a pressed penny machine in China in Epcot?

Welcome home! Glad to hear you had such a wonderful time. What were your favourite attraction and restaurant?

Thanks everyone for the welcome back wishes!

Bunnyfoo, we stayed overnight at the Days Inn across the street from the airport. Their park and fly special was $89 US (included continental breakfast). While the hotel has definitely seen better days (!), it suited our purposes fine. The shuttle both to and from the airport were prompt (we called from a courtesy phone when we returned).

No, we didn't find a pressed penny machine in China--actually the kids didn't get any from the World Showcase due to not much time being spent there.

PoohBWV, We probably liked Space Mountain and Tower of Terror the best. Also, the kids absolutely loved the water parks--TL for the wave pool and BB for all of the attractions. My son did Summit Plummet and Slush Gusher with my husband while my daughter--who isn't 48"--was with me getting her hair wrapped. Thank goodness I didn't know he was going on it--I would have had a heart attack! Personally, I really enjoyed WWTBAM at MGM (go figure?) and Indiana Jones (because I was an extra--how fun was that).

Our most frequented meal location was the Pepper Market and CSR; again, great food and atmosphere. The only term I can think of is "upscale food court"!!! We also did Chef Mickey's the first night, Planet Hollywood in DD and Prime Time (which was VERY fun). Other than that, I think it was mostly counter service! And breakfast was always in our room (did the grocery stop with Tiffany). Would have loved to explore the dining aspect a bit more but we'll just have to save that for next time, right?!

Thanks again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter