Thanksgiving Day Meal

The worst Thanksgiving meal was at Homecomin’ last year. I’m still grossed out just remembering it. Being able to make great fried chicken does not guarantee they can roast a turkey.
I was impressed that Chef Art Smith was in the house greeting his “regulars” on Thanksgiving. Everything else was excellent!
Maybe they fried the turkey, too. They do it in the South.

We will be there on Thanksgiving too!!! So excited and MK is our park for the day. Hoping to get a reservation for Liberty Tree...but I am sure it will be a popular choice Thanks for the Boma recommendation as well. I am assuming the park will be at capacity for the holiday.

We will be there on Thanksgiving too!!! So excited and MK is our park for the day. Hoping to get a reservation for Liberty Tree...but I am sure it will be a popular choice Thanks for the Boma recommendation as well. I am assuming the park will be at capacity for the holiday.

Just be aware that as of now Boma is not open, and I have not seen anything indicating when it will.

oh good to know!!!! I wasn't aware of that.....thank you!

You're welcome! As everything, it's subject to change, but until we hear something to the opposite, it's closed. (Tusker House is too...I know people will sometimes go to one if they can't get into the other.)

If you can’t get Liberty Tree for thanksgiving day, in the past two years it was easy to get on Black Friday for your turkey fix. Otherwise, I second the sand which at earl of sand which in Disney springs

We will be there Thanksgiving week too, HS park day not sure what or where we will eat...decisions, decisions:confused3

we are also going thanksgiving week and for some reason i scheduled our AK day for Thanksgiving. :confused3:confused3 since the park closes at 5pm, i am looking for resort restuarnts. Looks like either Whispering Canyon or Chef Mickey will be an option.

We will be at MK on Thanksgiving. We are also considering Whispering Canyon.

we had a great thanksgiving meal at Sanaa a few years back. Traditional food with nice African small touches.

If BOMA was open I would consider it but as of right now they are among the MANY places that are closed and projected to remain so for the foreseeable future

We've always done Thanksgiving Day in Magic Kingdom but this year are going to not do the park so we opted for The Boathouse and will make it a Disney Springs Day.

Good idea for Disneysprings day . I just checked reservations and the best I saw was the Italian restaurant at the swan

There really isnt alot available, you're right. We made an STK ADR for that night as well in case or plans change but looks like Boathouse is going to be our best bet.

Avoid "The Wave of American flavors" at the Contemporary. We had our Thanksgiving "feast" there last year. It's a pre-fixe meal rather than a buffet (which they used to do and was awesome!!) We thought a TV dinner would have been better. Especially for the $40 per person.
View attachment 519987
Yikes - we just booked the Wave for Thanksgiving because we'll be in MK for the day and nothing else had available reservations. If I find out they are doing this again this year - we may go to Disney Springs as their restaurants had openings. Liberty Tree is the first restaurant to book up for Thanksgiving, but we did snag a reservation there two days later in case we don't end up having turkey on Thanksgiving.

I just decided to get food from the Honey Baked Ham store nearby to heat up in our cabin at Fort Wilderness after it was super hard to find reservations for our party of 10. I am looking forward to it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!